Saints draft pick watch

Procus

Would have been nice for the cards to get a W given their tied record.   But they did beat the saints so there is that.

:whistle: 

At this point Kyler is done for the season.  With the Cards @Broncos, Buccaneers, @Falcons, @49ers.... it doesn't look good.  

1 hour ago, Vee said:

At this point Kyler is done for the season.  With the Cards @Broncos, Buccaneers, @Falcons, @49ers.... it doesn't look good.  

Broncos may not have Russ, so that's an upgrade for them.    :P 

Bucs should win. 9ers are a superior team even with a 3rd string QB at the helm.  So here is hoping Falcons at home can hold.

Cousins was making a comeback but made the mistake of throwing a deep ball to the pylon for Raegor and Raegor just stopped running the route for no reason and it was in int, likely ending the comeback. Good to see Raegor helping the Eagles. 

16 minutes ago, paco said:

This is your fault. 

I like how people are blaming Matt Ryan like he plays defense lol. 

8 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That’s dumb.  Clearly it’s egg’s fault. :P 

Still can’t believe Saturday decided to do a QB sneak on 4 down with old Matt Ryan and his bum shoulder than attemp a long field goal indoors. He’s Matt Patricia with blue eyes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, paco said:

He’s Matt Patricia with blue eyes

They are hard to resist

12 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

True but they literally did nothing in the second half to help their defense either. In addition to doing nothing with the Reagor int they only took like 30 seconds off the clock and their defense was back on the field. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Godfather said:

We're at 7 now? 

Saints pick is currently 9th. One more win to knock you guys out of the top 10. 😈

39 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Saints pick is currently 9th. One more win to knock you guys out of the top 10. 😈

11 teams within 1 game of the Saints.  The mediocrity bracket is pretty huge so this pick could end up just about anywhere in the top 15.

5 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

11 teams within 1 game of the Saints.  The mediocrity bracket is pretty huge so this pick could end up just about anywhere in the top 15.

I think 8 to 12 is probably more likely than top 5. 

Hell, I almost want to say the Saints game is actually the most important game of the week including ours. But I won't quite go that far. It's definitely more important than any other game though.

After this disaster of a weekend (at least the Bucs won), I'm thinking the best we can realistically hope for is seventh. The following six teams are virtually impossible to catch: Indianapolis, Houston, Denver, Chicago, Rams, Arizona. The Rams can theoretically get to seven wins but they play the Chargers and Chiefs so that appears to be extremely unlikely. The Colts can also get to seven if they win out starting tomorrow but that's not particularly realistic either.

If the Saints lose twice and the Falcons win twice, we'd pick ahead of Alanta. But that's a lot to ask for, so I suspect Atlanta will probably pick before us. So that would put us at eight.

Cleveland and the Raiders remain in play, so we need them to win games the next two weeks.

My best guess is that if the Saints lose twice, we'll pick around eighth. If they win once, it'll probably be between ten and twelve. If they win both, even worse. And if they win both and the Bucs win both, they'll make the playoffs and the best we could do would be 19th.

Hopefully the Eagles make a correction to the Saints' draft position this week.

• Like 1

Currently, pick remains at #10, same as it was before the game today.  If the Saints lost today, the pick would’ve stayed at 10 as well.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2023 at 2:10 PM, wrestlevessel said:

Eagles losing to Saints head to head. What a disaster.

Such a disaster that the Saints pick is exactly the same today as it was a week ago?

Once it's all said and done, the saints pick will range between 10 to 14.  So:

Saints get

Eagles get
10-14    (2023)
2024 2nd

Could have been so much sweeter, but still a nice win.

• Like 2