OFFICIAL 2023 1st Rd Draft Pick Tracker Thread

time2rock

Browns are early 3.5 point favorites over the Saints.

Still a very real path to a pick in the 5-7 range.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

I thought they had the Browns, Eagles, and Panthers

That’s not what I meant. I was thinking about the scenario where they’d win the division with a losing record and get the fourth seed. They would then play the fifth seeded Cowboys. We would all love to see the Cowboys lose, but it would drop our pick about six spots, which would suck. 

Lets hope the Bucs start to win some games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Browns are early 3.5 point favorites over the Saints.

Still a very real path to a pick in the 5-7 range.

Yeah, a few in front of them play each other.

With the Bucs laying a complete egg and the Saints winning they’re still in the hunt for that division. They will be soon potentially playing an Eagles team with little to play for while they will be trying to make it in. 

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

With the Bucs laying a complete egg and the Saints winning they’re still in the hunt for that division. They will be soon potentially playing an Eagles team with little to play for while they will be trying to make it in. 

Other than potentially a top 5 pick vs a pick in the late teens should NO happen to win the division.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, time2rock said:

Other than potentially a top 5 pick vs a pick in the late teens should NO happen to win the division.  

I don’t think it’s enough to risk it for them. 

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t think it’s enough to risk it for them. 

i think you have to play the starts for atleast a half even if you have things wrapped up already! 

the injury risk is there for sure but i’ve seen to many times when teams sit players they then come out and suck in the playoffs 

1 hour ago, BayAreaLennie said:

Here's where things sit pre-MNF:

image.png.a3a02056a009d7783d1d8847d8be249f.png

Gotta pull for LA tonight.  Wonder if they’d move past NO … they’d have the same records and SOS is identical (0.498).  

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Gotta pull for LA tonight.  Wonder if they’d move past NO … they’d have the same records and SOS is identical (0.498).  

I almost think it's better for GB to win so it moves them back another game if NO wins another, which I think they will.

The Saints had to go and win a game pushing that pick back down to 9.  <_<

Not much help from the Rams, Cardinal, Panthers, or Colts (I thought for sure up 33-0 at half time that was a done deal  <_<<_<).  Post #1 updated.

image.png.84d2778f3d379420caaff91808c3eb2a.png

Need the Browns to beat the Saints on Saturday.  Some help from the Panthers, Falcons, Colts, and Rams would be nice too.  That pick has the potential to move back up to 5 if everything falls in our favor.  I’d add the Cardinals to beat the Bucs too but with holding only a 1 game lead in the NFCS probably best the Bucs win that one. 

Here is a possible scenario where the Saints are tied for the fourth pick.

image.png.6f3c67cfde7372fb7f1db660b296d426.png

Here is a more likely scenario where the pick is #6.  In both cases, the Saints lose out.

image.png.b90a7f6c491c6aeace7694335939ee03.png

• Like 1

If the Saints lose on Saturday, would it be better for us if the Cardinals beat the Buccaneers on Christmas? I've been rooting for the Bucs for the past two months just to ensure that the Saints don't sneak in and win the division with a losing record. But maybe just maybe it would be more helpful for Arizona to get a fifth win than it would be for Tampa Bay to get that seventh win which would assuredly eliminate the Saints. But maybe I'm overthinking that.

I am liking the fact that the Bucs play the Panthers the following week since if they do lose, at least that would give the Panthers an extra win.

15 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

If the Saints lose on Saturday, would it be better for us if the Cardinals beat the Buccaneers on Christmas? I've been rooting for the Bucs for the past two months just to ensure that the Saints don't sneak in and win the division with a losing record. But maybe just maybe it would be more helpful for Arizona to get a fifth win than it would be for Tampa Bay to get that seventh win which would assuredly eliminate the Saints. But maybe I'm overthinking that.

I am liking the fact that the Bucs play the Panthers the following week since if they do lose, at least that would give the Panthers an extra win.

It's risky.  Such a crazy division ... Bucs at 6-8 have only a 1 game lead over all the other teams (all 5-9).  It would seem likely that all of them lose this weekend.  To close out the regular season the Bucs and Panthers each have 2 divisonal games (Bucs: Panthers, @Falcons; Panthers: @ Bucs, @Saints).  The Saints obviously have us before their game against Carolina and the Falcons are home against the Cardinals before their finale against TB.  There really doesn't seem to be an odds on favorite here, so I think rooting for TB is probably the safest bet.  If we can get that pick back up to 5-6 (depending on whether or not they leapfrog AZ too) ... I'd be cool either way (so long as it doesn't end up 19 ... that would suck major arse).  

9 minutes ago, nipples said:

Colts are going to BDN at QB… maybe he can get them a couple wins and drop Indy below New Orleans

That was my first thought when I heard they were going with Foles.  

Game time temps for the Saints Browns game will be 8 F with wind chills in the -20s.  That should definitely fudge with a southern indoor team like the saints.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, astrofed said:

Game time temps for the Saints Browns game will be 8 F with wind chills in the -20s.  That should definitely fudge with a southern indoor team like the saints.

Would like to think so.  But if I had to guess, it probably favors the NO QB since Dalton has more experience in that type of weather from his time in Cincy than Watson does.  Anyway, go Browns today!  

Also to root for this weekend:

• Carolina to beat Detroit
  • Atlanta to beat Baltimore
  • Indy to beat LA (Chargers)
  • LA (Rams) to beat Denver

Tonight’s game won’t immediately impact current draft order but a win by Indy would set them up to potentially leapfrog NO should they then beat the Giants next weekend as well and we beat the Saints.  We simply cannot allow them to come to Philly and hand us another loss for multiple reasons … our players better be ready to bring their A+ game.  

Those damn Saints had to go on a 2 game winning streak and try to ruin this pick for us.  Fortunately, the win only dropped them from 9 to 10 due to wins by Green Bay, Jacksonville, and Pittsburgh (Cleveland lost but are still after NO in the draft order due to SOS).  The loss by those sucky Raiders moved them ahead of NO.  Post #1 updated.  

For next weekend, highly unlikely those suckarse Raiders beat the 9ers.  The Panthers have a good chance at beating the Bucs but do we really want that at this point?).  The Rams have a slight chance at beating the Chargers.  If I had to guess, even if (WHEN DAMMIT!) we beat the Saints, that likely isn't going to change the draft positioning much if at all (perhaps it moves up to 9 but guessing a week from today we are still at 10).  Best case is to hope that some of the other teams (like the Colts) position themselves with wins to potentially leapfrog the Saints the following week.  

Looking back, ending up anywhere in the top-ten was a long shot.

Going into the season the Texans, Jags, Seahawks, Jets, Giants, Commanders, Colts, Steelers, Lions, Bears, Panthers, Falcons, and Browns (13 teams) were all potentially worse than the Saints. 

Given the dreck in the NFL now, top-ten would be a nice result.