OFFICIAL 2023 1st Rd Draft Pick Tracker Thread

time2rock

1 hour ago, jsb235 said:

There are a lot of teams who need a qb who pick in front of us - Panthers, Falcons, Houston, Colts, Raiders - so I think anyone worth trading up for will be gone. 

Panthers and Falcons just took QBs in the 3rd round, don't see why you take those qbs there if you have your eyes set on this up coming draft for a QB. .... So those teams could go either way. Just like the great QB draft in 2021 people told me 5 QBs were going in the top 10 because of all the needy QB teams and that didn't happen. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TEW said:

It’s going to be hard without moving down into the 20’s.

I wonder if we could do something like this:

2023 #10 (1300 points)

2024 2nd (276 points)

1576 total

for

2023 #16 (1000 points)

2023 3rd (195 points)

2024 1st (430 points)

1625 total

A lot will depend on how the QBs fall. If there’s a QB at our pick we can probably get a great deal.

No worries. It’s Howie. 😂

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Panthers and Falcons just took QBs in the 3rd round, don't see why you take those qbs there if you have your eyes set on this up coming draft for a QB. .... So those teams could go either way. Just like the great QB draft in 2021 people told me 5 QBs were going in the top 10 because of all the needy QB teams and that didn't happen. 

On top of that you have the various HOF quarterbacks who will be moving teams and those middle tier Jimmy G/Carr quarterbacks also. There’s an abundance of QB options right now. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TEW said:

It’s going to be hard without moving down into the 20’s.

I wonder if we could do something like this:

2023 #10 (1300 points)

2024 2nd (276 points)

1576 total

for

2023 #16 (1000 points)

2023 3rd (195 points)

2024 1st (430 points)

1625 total

A lot will depend on how the QBs fall. If there’s a QB at our pick we can probably get a great deal.

That would be a deal similar to the KC/Buffalo trade in 2017 (except we wouldn't be moving down as far ... obviously would much prefer to pick 16 than 27).  :

image.png.da587863409687e1d485c9dea37c6746.png

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

That would be a deal similar to the KC/Buffalo trade in 2017 (except we wouldn't be moving down as far ... obviously would much prefer to pick 16 than 27).  :

image.png.da587863409687e1d485c9dea37c6746.png

I'd rather have Patrick Mahomes.

• Like 1

The loss by Tennessee moved them ahead of NO in the draft order ... the Saints pick now at 11.  With a loss today (**fingers crossed**) however they'll move back ahead of the Titans.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, time2rock said:

The loss by Tennessee moved them ahead of NO in the draft order ... the Saints pick now at 11.  With a loss today (**fingers crossed**) however they'll move back ahead of the Titans.  

Any idea how high the saints pick can get?

Okay good. Not the Top 5 pick it once looked like, but still an amazing trade and puts us in a position to get one of the top DLs after Carter and Anderson, or one of the top corners.

Trade down could still be in play as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RUEagle said:

Locked into #10

Maybe.  The SOS between NO and TENN is close.  Could still move to #11.  Which would still be a great result.

It’s a little odd to me that the draft order and league standings seemingly follow different tie breaking scenarios.  As a result of the win, Carolina finished ahead of New Orleans in the NFC South.  Yet they’ll have the better draft pick.  Oh well, top 10 is still pretty good…

14 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Maybe.  The SOS between NO and TENN is close.  Could still move to #11.  Which would still be a great result.

Nope, the BUF/CIN cancellation means TEN can't be caught. #10 it is

• Like 1

On 10/10/2022 at 1:26 AM, Eagz said:

Doubt they'll pull a Miami or Indy and go on a tear but I expect it to be turbulent throughout. Thinking the pick lands between 9-14, which is still pretty exciting imo.

Always thought top 5 was too optimistic, but still, what a move by Howie. Can trade down but I'd be happy to grab a corner or DL at that position.

I believe our other first can be no better than 27th, as we would be the best team if we lost in the divisional round, only 4 teams pick lower than us, and there are only 31 total picks

One would think Young and Stroud would go #2 and #4 to HOU and IND based on current draft positioning.  I wonder how many calls the Bears get for the #1 overall pick 

Great to see both the Patriots and Steelers miss the playoffs.  I mean, really great.

…… AND AARON RODGERS!!

image.gif.9afb0c8d1954e80fcd59a89ccc9d1d50.gif

• Like 1

Final division W/L totals:

NFC East — +20

AFC North — +9

AFC East — +7

AFC West — +2

NFC North — -2

NFC West — -6

NFC South — -10

AFC South — -20

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

One would think Young and Stroud would go #2 and #4 to HOU and IND based on current draft positioning.  I wonder how many calls the Bears get for the #1 overall pick 

Also possible Indy moves up to prevent someone from jumping them as Chicago did for Trubisky

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

If Indy or another team doesn't want to simply pick whoever the Texans don't take at #2 and feels strongly about one of these two guys, I can see the Bears being able to pull off a trade down for #1 with a QB needy team. Otherwise, the Bears may have to just stand pat and take Will Anderson or Jalen Carter at #1.

• Like 1

Final draft order below for picks 1-18 now locked.  Now to track our own pick which will obviously be based on play in the postseason.  Post 1 updated:

image.thumb.png.758dcc96f5ca23eb08346a5b29627d7b.png

• Like 2