OFFICIAL 2023 1st Rd Draft Pick Tracker Thread

time2rock

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

He traded picks for talent the past few years (trading multiple picks to move up for David, trading multiple picks including a 1st for Brown, trading multiple picks to move up for DeVonta).  

Wasn't the trade up for Devonta after the Dolphins traded up to us for Waddle though? Small beans considering we got a future 1st.

23 minutes ago, bitbased said:

Wasn't the trade up for Devonta after the Dolphins traded up to us for Waddle though? Small beans considering we got a future 1st.

Yeah and I believe they got the Saints pick to trade down before they made the trade up to get Davis also. 

11 hours ago, bitbased said:

I was commenting specifically on draft day maneuvering (we traded up 2 spots with Dallas giving them our 3rd in the process to jump ahead of the Giants to get Smith).  Otherwise this early 1 in April would be included in that discussion since we landed that due to the trade with NO prior to this past year's draft.

At 4-9 the New Orleans Saints would draft 5th overall if the draft occurred today.

The Saints host the Falcons after Marcus Mariota is out due to injury the backup QB might actually pull out an upset win.

(Falcons 5-8, Saints are 4-9)

Then the Saints play the Cleveland Browns (5-8) on the road

After that the Saints play the Philadelphia Eagles which have a big interest in defeating them despite already locking in home field advantage and the bye with the number one spot after defeating the Bears & Cowboys.

Then the Saints host the Carolina Panthers( 5-8), so the only team they play that have a winning record is the Eagles.

It is possible that the NO Saints will finish 4-13.
--------------------------------------

I think the Houston Texans will secure the 1st overall draft spot, but I think the Rams will win at least two of their remaining games with Baker Mayfield wanting to prove that he's a decent QB. I think Denver will win at least one maybe two games.

My guess is that the Eagles will secure the 3rd overall draft pick from the saints!

1 hour ago, eggs said:

Colts blowout of Vikings might help. 

Colts epic collapse does not help

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eggs said:

Thanks for the :censored: jinx!

OK seriously though, Colts you suck!

24 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Thanks for the :censored: jinx!

OK seriously though, Colts you suck!

Kinda feel bad for Matt Ryan. 🤣

5 hours ago, eggs said:

Just go ahead and log off and never come back.  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Kinda feel bad for Matt Ryan. 🤣

They already guaranteed him 36 million dollars even if they cut him after the season. 

No need to feel bad for him. Colts fans, that's another story.

I think Saints come away with a win vs Atlanta, not sure how Ridder will perform but I’m not eager to bet on the rookie QB 

Full rooting guide (as it relates to best possible outcomes - regardless of how unlikely some may seem - for that pick from NO) for today and tomorrow:

• The Falcons to beat the Saints
  • The Rams to beat the Packers
  • The Cardinals to beat the Broncos
  • The Jaguars to beat the Cowboys
  • The Raiders to beat the Patriots
  • The Panthers to beat the Steelers
  • The Lions to beat the Jets

Thank you Cleveland.  Indy you suck!

8 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I think Saints come away with a win vs Atlanta, not sure how Ridder will perform but I’m not eager to bet on the rookie QB 

Saints always screw the Eagles with the draft. I don't expect them to lose today with their defense vs the rookie.

Drake London fumble on the 4th and 5 when Atlanta would have had the ball in FG range was a punch in the gut. That pick will probably be in the 8-11 range now. The Will Anderson / Jalen Carter dream is dead.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, shlo said:

Drake London fumble on the 4th and 5 when Atlanta would have had the ball in FG range was a punch in the gut. That pick will probably be in the 8-11 range now. The Will Anderson / Jalen Carter dream is dead.

Yup and to be honest the Saints aren't out of it for the division! We may need to beat them in Week 17 regardless of whether we have homefield clinched or not.

9 hours ago, time2rock said:

Full rooting guide (as it relates to best possible outcomes - regardless of how unlikely some may seem - for that pick from NO) for today and tomorrow:

• The Falcons to beat the Saints
  • The Rams to beat the Packers
  • The Cardinals to beat the Broncos
  • The Jaguars to beat the Cowboys
  • The Raiders to beat the Patriots
  • The Panthers to beat the Steelers
  • The Lions to beat the Jets

Thanks you Cleveland.  Indy you suck!

Why Cards have to beat Den?

Just now, Portyansky said:

They have a shot at having a worse record than NO

53 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

It would push their pick past NO (same record but AZ with higher SOS).  So that pick (now at 9 <_<) would bump up to 8.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, time2rock said:

It would push their pick past NO (same record but AZ with higher SOS).  So that pick (now at 9 <_<) would bump up to 8.  

The Saints will beat at least one of Carolina or the Browns and possibly both with their defense. It's probably going to end up being 15 or 16 like it was last year. Hate that city. 

27 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

The Saints will beat at least one of Carolina or the Browns and possibly both with their defense. It's probably going to end up being 15 or 16 like it was last year. Hate that city. 

Watch them win the division. Hell, as awesome as it would be for them to then beat the Cowboys, it’d really kill the draft spot.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Watch them win the division. Hell, as awesome as it would be for them to then beat the Cowboys, it’d really kill the draft spot.

I thought they had the Browns, Eagles, and Panthers

15 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

was just discussing this. damn bucs suck so bad and so does division 

we cannot allow saints to beat us because we are resting starters. 

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

If LV loses, that pick from NO drops to 10. 

Thank you for that dumb play Pats.

Saints are still alive for that division title, thanks to that god awful division...