OFFICIAL 2023 1st Rd Draft Pick Tracker Thread

time2rock

Glad it's at least a top 10 pick especially considering 6 of those teams need a QB. I doubt all 6 take a QB but I figure at least 3 will. That leaves more high end talent for us to choose. 

4 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

With that 10th pick, we need to invest in Lane Johnson's replacement.....

Don’t know if they need to use #10 on it, I think it would be best to add another piece to the defense. Especially since they’ll likely lose at least one of CJGJ or Bradberry.  But I do think they should look at a tackle with their own pick or round 2. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

CB, DL or RT....get the best possible player that is there

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but it doesn't seem to be a very strong OT class.  

• Sad 1

On 9/22/2022 at 6:56 AM, time2rock said:

Similar to what we did last year, creating a thread to track the 1st rd picks we are projected to receive in the 2023 NFL draft (the pick from NO in addition to our own).  I will update the first post weekly (or if any other moves are made that impact draft position such as trades, etc.). I will use the site https://www.tankathon.com/nfl to track the picks.

Sep 22, 2022

8 – from NO

31 – our own

[NOTE: based on record ... there are 6 teams with a 2-0 record (NYGiants, Buffalo, Philly, Miami, TB, KC) ... and SOS, Buffalo should be picking 32 due to the highest SOS (0.529), with Miami at 31 (0.515), and Philly at 30 (0.500); the other 3 teams are below 0.500)]

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sep 27, 2022

7 – from NO

*31 – our own

*NOTE: our pick would be 31 since Miami's own pick is forfeited due to the tampering charges

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oct 4, 2022

4 – from NO

*31 – our own

Oct 11, 2022

9 – from NO

*31 – our own

Oct 18, 2022

5 – from NO

*31 – our own

Oct 25, 2022

4 – from NO

*31 – our own

Nov 1, 2022

8 – from NO

*31 – our own

Nov 8, 2022

6 – from NO

*31 – our own

Nov 15, 2022

4 – from NO

*31 – our own

Nov 22, 2022

10 – from NO

*31 – our own

Nov 29, 2022

6 – from NO

*31 – our own

Dec 6, 2022

5 – from NO

*31 – our own

Dec 13, 2022

5 – from NO

*31 – our own

Dec 20, 2022

9 – from NO

*31 – our own

Dec 27, 2022

10 – from NO

*31 – our own

Jan 3, 2023

10 – from NO

*31 – our own

Jan 9, 2023

10 – from NO (LOCKED)

*31 – our own (TBD based on playoffs)

You spelled 32 wrong

30 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Blake Freeland might be a good choice with our own pick.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Infam said:

Blake Freeland might be a good choice with our own pick.

Yeah hopefully we can find a solid RT later.  My comment was more referring to the top of the draft class ... it just doesn't seem to be top heavy with OT talent (like the 2013 class where we took Lane, and 3 of the top 4 picks overall were OTs).  

I also have my eyes on Broderick Jones with our pick if they feel he can play RT (he played LT at Georgia).  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

I’d prefer DL since we’re set to have 5 of our DL hit FA, and we know Suh/Joseph won’t be back. I think Fletch is gone. I’d like to bring Graham back, can’t imagine he’d be expensive. Hargrave will probably be too expensive. 

But if you’re thinking about going that route check out Pete Skoronski. He was a LT in college, and can play all 5 positions. Seems like a good candidate to play RG if Seumalo walks, and then eventually take over at RT. 

Brandon Thorn is a really good OL analysis guy, and has Skoronski at top OL in the draft. 10 would be a good spot for him. 

here’s his breakdown: 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10048337-peter-skoronski-nfl-draft-2023-scouting-report-for-northwestern-ot

10 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

If Indy or another team doesn't want to simply pick whoever the Texans don't take at #2 and feels strongly about one of these two guys, I can see the Bears being able to pull off a trade down for #1 with a QB needy team. Otherwise, the Bears may have to just stand pat and take Will Anderson or Jalen Carter at #1.

I think the Bears can get a nice haul for that first pick. Houston probably blew their shot at Bryce Young with that win... unless they have the appetite to trade up one spot to guarantee nobody jumps them.

8 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I’d prefer DL since we’re set to have 5 of our DL hit FA, and we know Suh/Joseph won’t be back. I think Fletch is gone. I’d like to bring Graham back, can’t imagine he’d be expensive. Hargrave will probably be too expensive. 

But if you’re thinking about going that route check out Pete Skoronski. He was a LT in college, unsure how he could transition to right side. Seems like a good candidate to play RG if Seumalo walks, and then eventually take over at RT. 

Brandon Thorn is a really good OL analysis guy, and has Skoronski at top OL in the draft. 10 would be a good spot for him. 

here’s is breakdown: 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10048337-peter-skoronski-nfl-draft-2023-scouting-report-for-northwestern-ot

I could get on board with going DLine at 10, Myles Murphy would be a solid pick there. If Bradberry leaves in free agency, I’d be tempted to take Kelee Ringo too. 

so not bad...was pissed we lost to the saints...if we had won best would have been 8th, right? 8 still better than 10 but not a great loss as i was perceiving

• Like 1

8 hours ago, greend said:

You spelled 32 wrong

Did you really just unnecessarily quote that entire page long post only to make a mistake in not knowing there are only 31 picks this year?

10 hours ago, time2rock said:

The kid from NW and the big OT for Ohio State are blue-chippers. 

Jones from Georgia had a great year but some project him as OG in the NFL.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

Agreed but depending on how the Board falls, the other options I think are DE and CB (if Bradbury leaves).

I would prioritise as DE, OL, CB.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kiwieagle said:

Agreed but depending on how the Board falls, the other options I think are DE and CB (if Bradbury leaves).

I would prioritise as DE, OL, CB.

Eagles will never draft a CB that high, that draft pick if we don't trade down will go for the trenches

2 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

Eagles will never draft a CB that high, that draft pick if we don't trade down will go for the trenches

There were reports that they would have drafted a cb last year if one of the ones they liked was available. I wouldn’t be surprised if they went corner this year. 

23 hours ago, Heavywchamp said:

Glad it's at least a top 10 pick especially considering 6 of those teams need a QB. I doubt all 6 take a QB but I figure at least 3 will. That leaves more high end talent for us to choose. 

6? I count 4 at best who need QB's, Houston, Indy, Raiders and Carolina, and I'd put money on McDaniels picking up Jimmy G after making a poorly received offer to Brady, .

Chicago will obviously hope Fields' highlight plays finally translate to the win column, Cards, Rams and Broncos are stuck with millstone contracts and couldn't make a change even if they wanted to and Atlanta will give Ridder his shot.

The class behind Stroud and Young looks like guys being talked up because of physical tools rather than production, I just don't see Top 10 guys in RIchardson and Levis and it would cost Carolina a shitton to move up to 1 or 3.

33 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

6? I count 4 at best who need QB's, Houston, Indy, Raiders and Carolina, and I'd put money on McDaniels picking up Jimmy G after making a poorly received offer to Brady, .

Chicago will obviously hope Fields' highlight plays finally translate to the win column, Cards, Rams and Broncos are stuck with millstone contracts and couldn't make a change even if they wanted to and Atlanta will give Ridder his shot.

The class behind Stroud and Young looks like guys being talked up because of physical tools rather than production, I just don't see Top 10 guys in RIchardson and Levis and it would cost Carolina a shitton to move up to 1 or 3.

Carolina just drafted Matt Corral in the 3rd round as well. So they could look to keep grooming him too. 

21 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

But if you’re thinking about going that route check out Pete Skoronski. He was a LT in college, and can play all 5 positions. Seems like a good candidate to play RG if Seumalo walks, and then eventually take over at RT. 

here’s his breakdown: 

It isn't a sexy pick but a smart one.......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Carolina just drafted Matt Corral in the 3rd round as well. So they could look to keep grooming him too. 

Oh yeah I forgot him, but I think ultimately he may end up a guy who just missed his shot, he's a third round pick out of a weak class,  he's coming off a lisfranc and the coach who drafted him is gone.

What potentially plays into Corral's hands is that Carolina have already tried a few of the 2023 free agent QB's that have extensive starting experience and they didn't work, and their cap situation is horrible anyway, so they probably can't afford a starting level Vet as a bridge, so it may be Corral gets thrown in to sink or swim as the Panthers tear down and rebuild, It'll be interesting to see if their GM survives the off season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

Random thoughts.

Bears should trade back.

I could* see 6 in the top needing a QB, Houston, Indy, Seahawks, lions, Raiders, Falcons, (if Bryce, Levis,  or Stroud falls to those teams, theyd pick them

Eagles are drafting Brian Branch

It’s very possible the Lions and the Seahawks do not take a quarterback. The Seahawks especially since they know that their most successful time as a team was with a stout defense and not an overpaid quarterback.