GDT: Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia Eagles, 10-16-22, 8:20 PM EST

EagleJoe8

3 hours ago, SkippyX said:

New Orleans is currently in the 5th or 6th draft spot (We'll take that, thank you)

They are also 1 game out of the 7th and 4th seeds.

Really shows how bad the NFC looks right now. 

Can anyone explain what the rule on O line holds is? the rule is any grip but it's never been called that way, but I thought it was always called if the guy was going around you and your hands were extended outside your frame holding the pads, but the Dallas Tackles were doing that all damn game and were called once I think.

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Can anyone explain what the rule on O line holds is? the rule is any grip but it's never been called that way, but I thought it was always called if the guy was going around you and your hands were extended outside your frame holding the pads, but the Dallas Tackles were doing that all damn game and were called once I think.

I think it's really hit and miss and sometimes guys get away with it and other times they get called for what doesn't look like a hold. 

3 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Good solid win, decent game on both sides of the ball, but the failure to adjust at the half is surely going to bite us in the ass eventually.

The NFL has to do something about the standard of officiating, the picking up of the flag on the blatant block in the back was ridiculous, as was the non call pass interference when Vander Esch beat the ball to Goedert by a mile and dived onto his back. There was no excuse for either the official was looking right at them.

6-0 at the bye though, you can't do any better. We really do have a shot this year.

It’s just to be expected playing dallass. They get away with sheet every game they play. 

What a wonderful way to wake up to Good Morning Football. They did nothing but praise the Eagles and talk about just how good they are. Hurts didn't have phenomenal stats but he took control of the offense when they needed him most. This team is just good from top to bottom and to think that they are a more complete team than the McNabb-led 2004 team is just great....here for every moment of this season.....

8 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Lamar has had the turnover bug and Harbaugh has made some questionable calls that have lost games.

GB may get it together but I think their ceiling is above average at this pt. Vikes take that division 

GB has a ways to go if yesterday was any indication.

9 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

GB has a ways to go if yesterday was any indication.

Indeed 

Over the years, I have become very greedy when it comes to the Eagles.  I wanted a 35-0 beat down.  

Fact is, we won.  We're 6-0.  We played better than Dallas.  We exposed Cooper Rush as the fraud he is.  We scored more points against Dallas than any other team this year.  It's a great win.

41 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

What a wonderful way to wake up to Good Morning Football. They did nothing but praise the Eagles and talk about just how good they are. Hurts didn't have phenomenal stats but he took control of the offense when they needed him most. This team is just good from top to bottom and to think that they are a more complete team than the McNabb-led 2004 team is just great....here for every moment of this season.....

Haven't watched that mess in years. Only watched it for like a week after we won the sb. Got way too cheesy for me

Just now, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Haven't watched that mess in years. Only watched it for like a week after we won the sb. Got way too cheesy for me

Its about the only thing on first thing in the morning at 6am where they recap what happened on Sunday with all the highlights. Not sure what is cheesy about that and I am not dismissing your opinion either....for me, its what to watch to go over the previous games. I am sort of busy during the afternoons so I dont watch the sports shows during that time....

29 minutes ago, JamesK said:

We exposed Cooper Rush as the fraud he is. 

Really?  People thought he was the x-factor for the 4 wins?  His stat lines were garbage and they ran the ball 2/3 of the time. 

Other than Cooper Rush's mom, I'm not sure anyone was really talking about Dak losing his job, or Cooper getting in line to get paid.

He's been a delightful game manager for the Cowboys forcing the coaching staff to actually creatively coach, which I have to admit, they did much better than I would have expected.  If they put in half the same amount of effort when Dak comes back, this could be a problem.  The coaching staff may have learned more about their team without Dak than they would have otherwise...

Just now, Vee said:

Really?  People thought he was the x-factor for the 4 wins?  His stat lines were garbage and they ran the ball 2/3 of the time. 

Other than Cooper Rush's mom, I'm not sure anyone was really talking about Dak losing his job, or Cooper getting in line to get paid.

He's been a delightful game manager for the Cowboys forcing the coaching staff to actually creatively coach, which I have to admit, they did much better than I would have expected.  If they put in half the same amount of effort when Dak comes back, this could be a problem.  The coaching staff may have learned more about their team without Dak than they would have otherwise...

Cowboys fans on social media were hyping Rush and saying they don't need Dak, talking about his shortcomings. Last night they flipped again to needing Dak.

14 minutes ago, NOTW said:

This Cowboys fan acknowledging people were hyping Rush.

Don't tell that to Skip Bayless lol. Awaiting his meltdown this morning 

6 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

One play they basically tackled Sweat and the guy laid on him. There were time the Eagles players were obviously being yanked back and no call by the refs. Them Boys sure got away with a lot of them holds. 

4 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

It’s just to be expected playing dallass. They get away with sheet every game they play. 

The NFL took a playoff win from Detroit and gave it to Dallas the same way (Party Bus Game)

Dallas committed holding or PI on a crucial Detroit 3rd down where they could pretty much ice the game. It was obvious. It was called on the field. The refs huddled up and saved Dallas by picking up the flag.

You have to beat Dallas by 10 because the refs might throw 3 or 7 their way.

Dak is 18-27 outside the NFC East since his rookie year.  (28-27 overall but 10-0 in 2016)

They only have 3 NFC East games left.

Its not like they are going from Cooper Rush back to Joe Montana.

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

The NFL took a playoff win from Detroit and gave it to Dallas the same way (Party Bus Game)

Dallas committed holding or PI on a crucial Detroit 3rd down where they could pretty much ice the game. It was obvious. It was called on the field. The refs huddled up and saved Dallas by picking up the flag.

True definition of block-in-the-back penalty:  ask referee gang that officiates a Dallass game! 

7 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Dak is 18-27 outside the NFC East since his rookie year.  (28-27 overall but 10-0 in 2016)

They only have 3 NFC East games left.

Its not like they are going from Cooper Rush back to Joe Montana.

He’s the new Eli. Just not clutch at all

Gotta Love this.

Jordan Mailata's alma mater?

On his media guide bio, Jordan Mailata isn't listed as having a college.

Of course, the Aussie native didn't go to one after joining the Eagles as a seventh-round draft pick in 2018 through the NFL's International Pathway Player Program.

But on NBC's Sunday Night Football telecast, when each starting player says his name and college, Mailata had an interesting response for his college – Jeff Stoutland University, a tip of the cap to the team's Run Game Coordinator and Offensive Line Coach.

"He's the best O-line coach by far, the best coach by far I've had in general across all sports," said Mailata, who returned to the lineup after missing last Sunday's win over Arizona with a shoulder injury. "I love playing for this team, playing for (Jason Kelce), playing for Jalen, I love playing for Coach Sirianni because they demand perfection. We have high standards here and when we fall short of that standard it's hard to walk around with your head held high to be honest."

51 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

It was a PI. What pissed me off most about that, we’ve all seen situations where a flag is thrown, the refs huddle, then decide it wasn’t a foul, and they’re picking the flag up. In that instance, they threw the flag, called the penalty on the field, went to commercial, then coming out of commercial, and announced they were picking up the flag. I had never seen that before. 

Archived