GDT: Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia Eagles, 10-16-22, 8:20 PM EST

EagleJoe8

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

This team looked to be throwing it away out there. Dallas had the momentum and we were struggling. And yet this team just got it together and scored a TD and then came away with a pick. That's a team who are finding ways to win. 

We see good teams do it all the time. Struggle and then find a way to put that team away. Just when it seemed like Dallas was going to find a way to tie, the Eagles drove down the field and made it a 2 score game. It’s time to start believing in this team. 

2 minutes ago, Macguffins said:

Can someone find or does someone know the rule on the back endzone pylons? Got a military buddy, Cowboys fan, trying to argue that a TD was taken away from them because he had possession and hit the pylon. I can't find anything concrete online to debunk or confirm.

You can reference this game as they have a load of guys in NY paid millions to check this crap and they say he is wrong. 

As it was a scoring drive it was reviewed. 

3 minutes ago, Macguffins said:

Can someone find or does someone know the rule on the back endzone pylons? Got a military buddy, Cowboys fan, trying to argue that a TD was taken away from them because he had possession and hit the pylon. I can't find anything concrete online to debunk or confirm.

Pylons really only comes into play when you already have possession of the ball and hit the pylon reaching for the end zone. It's not a catch because his entire body landed out of bounds lol

4 minutes ago, Southparkeagles said:

"For a time” he was rolling left and rolling right hitting everything with zero pressure. 

"For a Time”

Dude, enjoy the Fing win. We have two weeks to go through the nitty gritty.

Just now, bitbased said:

That only comes into play when you already have possession of the ball and hit the pylon reaching for the end zone. It's not a catch because his entire body landed out of bounds lol

Alright. I agree, I was just looking for something direct to link to him, but yea it makes no sense to me why that would ever be a rule.

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Next up is Pittsburgh after getting healthier with a bye week. That should be 7-0 and then who knows. I mean Green Bay last pretty bad today to the Jets! They aren't going to scare us especially coming in to Philly. 

Potentially they could have things wrapped pretty nicely before the first Giants game if this keeps up. 😂

1 minute ago, Portyansky said:

Even though it's Dallas and we hate them...

1. Dallas D is legit 

2. Division games are always hard.

meh.  Dallas gets really good when you lose multiple lineman. Before that they are really fast but not great.

The best D on the field was Philly and it was not close. The numbers are going to look great on Tuesday.

Rush was a 97 rated passer, 37 tonight. Philly will have the number 1 passer rating allowed D after this and Mahomes vs Buffalo (Bills were 1 by a bit)

The Eagles are #1 in turnovers

They will be top 3 or 4 in yards

They might still be 6th or 7th in points allowed but they gained on everyone ahead of them except Denver (for now)

I hope Parsons likes what the Eagles did to him tonight because the whole league is going to do that now.

(read him instead of just let him isolate 1 on 1 while you ignore him and hope he does not get the QB)

You have to go all in at this point. I’d like to see them go out and upgrade the pass rush before the trade deadline. Lookin at Brian Burns. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

I hear you too. I want to see some consistency, but these are games we are used to losing, and that’s why everyone gets to panicked when this stuff happens. The thing is we are winning these games. That’s what good teams do.

I believe we are good.I don’t know if we’re great as there’s a lot of parity in the NFL. I think we’re a solid 12–5 team.(prior to the season 11-6). I see great improvement in our LBs and secondary; also in Hurts and our offense as a whole. I’m very critical about seeing the same inconsistencies though. They’re a good team, but I want more cut-throat from them..

I’m more demanding than others I guess. 

7 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Right now the best three teams in the NFC look like the Eagles, Giants, and Cowboys. We shouldn’t take this win lightly. 

The only other NFC team over .500 is the Vikings, and we took care of them 24-7, so yeah.  The NFC Beast is back.

2 minutes ago, bitbased said:

Pylons really only comes into play when you already have possession of the ball and hit the pylon reaching for the end zone. It's not a catch because his entire body landed out of bounds lol

This. It counts when reaching as it shows visually the ball must have broken the plane to hit the pylon. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Potentially they could have things wrapped pretty nicely before the first Giants game if this keeps up. 😂

I mean potentially yeah although I think somehow the Giants are going to stay right there with us. They have an easy schedule too.

It wasn't always pretty in the second half, but the bottom line is that we are THREE games up on all the NFC favorites (SF, LAR, GB, TB).  Take care of the division (which we should) and the NFC goes through Philly.

32 minutes ago, Damanick10 said:

This team just had to make every game dramatic

They want to practice playing in close games in case they need to play in one in the playoffs. If you blow everyone out you don’t have that close game experience when it matters.

… not buying my theory? 

1 minute ago, mihailo said:

This. It counts when reaching as it shows visually the ball must have broken the plane to hit the pylon. 

Ok, I think they're for whatever reason believing that all pylons are the same, when they're not.

1 minute ago, QuinnWR4 said:

You have to go all in at this point. I’d like to see them go out and upgrade the pass rush before the trade deadline. Lookin at Brian Burns. 

I agree to the fullest. Unfortunately, Panthers unlikely to want to trade Burns according to Rapoport.

Just now, Southparkeagles said:

I believe we are good.I don’t know if we’re great as there’s a lot of parity in the NFL. I think we’re a solid 12–5 team.(prior to the season 11-6). I see great improvement in our LBs and secondary; also in Hurts and our offense as a whole. I’m very critical about seeing the same inconsistencies though. They’re a good team, but I want more cut-throat from them..

I’m more demanding than others I guess. 

No I get it. I think we all want to see more games like what we see from Buffalo, but even they have a loss. Truth is this game looked like it was going to be a 40 point blowout and then everything went south for pretty much all the third quarter. 17 unanswered points to Cooper Rush. It didn’t look good frankly. The thing is they still found a way to win. I can guarantee you that Jalen is thinking more like you than me right now though. He wants that perfect game too. I’ll take that perfect game in the SB if need be. I’m not picky. 😂

4 minutes ago, Eagz said:

Dude, enjoy the Fing win. We have two weeks to go through the nitty gritty.

I am.
I started the nitty gritty early. 

I mean potentially yeah although I think somehow the Giants are going to stay right there with us. They have an easy schedule too.

They’re a well coached bunch. They’re going to be tough to beat. 

If we handle business then they stay 2 back of us w a split and 3 back if we sweep.  All you can ever ask for against a divisional opponent. 

I read Mcaffrey is on the block potentially. If they could afford it, is it worth it? Miles is good, and he tends to miss a few games each year, but so does Mcaffrey. Would the cost increase be worth it? I haven't watched many Panthers games, but people seem to highly value him.

1 minute ago, jamiller said:

If we handle business then they stay 2 back of us w a split and 3 back if we sweep.  All you can ever ask for against a divisional opponent. 

And you aren't wrong there but I'm not sure we are going to sweep them bud. They are putting up some impressive wins against pretty good teams. 

Archived