GDT: Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia Eagles, 10-16-22, 8:20 PM EST

EagleJoe8

1 minute ago, Macguffins said:

I read Mcaffrey is on the block potentially. If they could afford it, is it worth it? Miles is good, and he tends to miss a few games each year, but so does Mcaffrey. Would the cost increase be worth it? I haven't watched many Panthers games, but people seem to highly value him.

We are 6-0 without him. 

Just now, brkmsn said:

We are 6-0 without him. 

And he wouldn't be cheap and he's a RB who's had injury issues. Miles is having a very good year so I say we just roll with that. 

This team has to pick it up on pass rush and these massive dropoffs in the offense after churning along in the 2nd Q.

It is not all sunshine here...they got some stuff to work on. 

They can go toe-to-toe with anyone in the NFC but that AFC has some elite teams they could not do this against.

Also...WTF happened to throwing downfield. Its been gone 2 weeks now.

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

No I get it. I think we all want to see more games like what we see from Buffalo, but even they have a loss. Truth is this game looked like it was going to be a 40 point blowout and then everything went south for pretty much all the third quarter. 17 unanswered points to Cooper Rush. It didn’t look good frankly. The thing is they still found a way to win. I can guarantee you that Jalen is thinking more like you than me right now though. He wants that perfect game too. I’ll take that perfect game in the SB if need be. I’m not picky. 😂

Not perfect, just more consistent. 
I think Jalen and some other guys feel that way as well. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And he wouldn't be cheap and he's a RB who's had injury issues. Miles is having a very good year so I say we just roll with that. 

I tend to agree only because I don't know what CM would cost us. Also, 6-0 point is hard to argue against lol. I was just curious of thoughts, that solves it.

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And you aren't wrong there but I'm not sure we are going to sweep them bud. They are putting up some impressive wins against pretty good teams. 

At least teams we thought were good 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Also, the guys behind Sanders get the job done. We aren't one injury away (at HB) from being doomed. 

2 minutes ago, Macguffins said:

I read Mcaffrey is on the block potentially. If they could afford it, is it worth it? Miles is good, and he tends to miss a few games each year, but so does Mcaffrey. Would the cost increase be worth it? I haven't watched many Panthers games, but people seem to highly value him.

I read an article I think it was on NFL.com that had the Eagles as one of the top five potential landing spots for him. So in other words there’s no shot he lands here, because the Eagles never get the guy you hear about in the media.

13 minutes ago, Macguffins said:

Can someone find or does someone know the rule on the back endzone pylons? Got a military buddy, Cowboys fan, trying to argue that a TD was taken away from them because he had possession and hit the pylon. I can't find anything concrete online to debunk or confirm.

He is blind as hell. It was obvious in real time (forget replays) that he was out. Hand him a military towel to cry in.

Just now, Macguffins said:

I tend to agree only because I don't know what CM would cost us. Also, 6-0 point is hard to argue against lol. I was just curious of thoughts, that solves it.

I think CM is a really good player and he'd add something to any offense... But I just think the trade would be too much for it to be worth it for a RB. I'd rather they go and add a really good DE if they can. 

Jalen is growing on me more and more. His calm demeanor no matter the situation is so...what's a good word for it...I don't even know. I just really love this kids attitude and drive to be better. I hope he continues to only get better and can find success with the team here for a long time.

1 minute ago, DevilMayRage said:

Also...WTF happened to throwing downfield. Its been gone 2 weeks now.

It's amazing how little time your QB gets when there are several injuries along the O-line.

I don’t think we’d get as much bang for our buck spending resources on any RB, let alone McCaffrey. IMO the spot that needs upgraded the most is pass rush. 

3 minutes ago, Southparkeagles said:

Not perfect, just more consistent. 
I think Jalen and some other guys feel that way as well. 

They do for sure. I want some consistency too honestly. They’re one of the greatest scoring teams ever! Just in the second quarter though. With that being the case I’m a fan and I’m happy about shutting up those stupid Cowboys fans. 

Just now, NJWolverEagle11 said:

At least teams we thought were good 

Well yeah that's very true... Green Bay may not be that good. I think Baltimore are a pretty decent team though. 

1 minute ago, Talonblood said:

He is blind as hell. It was obvious in real time (forget replays) that he was out. Hand him a military towel to cry in.

Lmao, military towels are just towels!

3 minutes ago, Eagz said:

Haha, I'm on hiatus tonight at least.

I watch too much Seth Joyner post game reports. He made me this way. 😎

1 minute ago, QuinnWR4 said:

I don’t think we’d get as much bang for our buck spending resources on any RB, let alone McCaffrey. IMO the spot that needs upgraded the most is pass rush. 

I agree with you there. Our rush was solid first half, but they seem to disappear in the 2nd. 

I don't think I'll ever actually like Sanders, but I will give him credit for TRYING to run more north/south these days, and has cut his dancing lessons way down so far this year.

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And you aren't wrong there but I'm not sure we are going to sweep them bud. They are putting up some impressive wins against pretty good teams. 

I expect a split against all divisional opponents.  Thrilled if we blank 1. 

Lmao, military towels are just towels!

I know... that's the point.

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Well yeah that's very true... Green Bay may not be that good. I think Baltimore are a pretty decent team though. 

Lamar has had the turnover bug and Harbaugh has made some questionable calls that have lost games.

GB may get it together but I think their ceiling is above average at this pt. Vikes take that division 

1 minute ago, Talonblood said:

I don't think I'll ever actually like Sanders, but I will give him credit for TRYING to run more north/south these days, and has cut his dancing lessons way down so far this year.

Fumbles haven't been an issue at all so far this season...we have the bye, so plenty of time for the curse I just put on him to fade.

Archived