I did not know this before ... really like this stat:

Career contested catches among 1st RD WRs:

1. Jalen Reagor – 27
2. Ceedee Lamb – 21
3. Justin Jefferson – 19
4. Jerry Jeudy – 13
5. Henry Ruggs III -12
6. Brandon Aiyuk – 3

He uses that extraordinary leaping ability combined with his competitiveness in the moment and goes up and gets it.  He's a Steve Smith clone but more athletic.  If he has even half the dog in him that Steve Smith had, we all will be happy fans.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 7/19/2020 at 9:08 PM, hputenis said:

He uses that extraordinary leaping ability combined with his competitiveness in the moment and goes up and gets it.  He's a Steve Smith clone but more athletic.  If he has even half the dog in him that Steve Smith had, we all will be happy fans.  

Im not sure what he is or will be till he plays. I hope he turns out better then avg. Id be happy just with that. But I will say that stat can mean a lot other then just fight in him. Could be he is such a poor route runner he doesnt get separation. Could be his QB was really bad at placement of the ball. Could be poor offensive scheme to get separation. Could be because the talent he was playing against wasnt nearly as good as the rest. There are so many "if's" in that stat. 

1 minute ago, DeathByEagle said:

Im not sure what he is or will be till he plays. I hope he turns out better then avg. Id be happy just with that. But I will say that stat can mean a lot other then just fight in him. Could be he is such a poor route runner he doesnt get separation. Could be his QB was really bad at placement of the ball. Could be poor offensive scheme to get separation. Could be because the talent he was playing against wasnt nearly as good as the rest. There are so many "if's" in that stat. 

He was better at creating separation than anyone not named Henry Ruggs.  He also had the absolute worst college QB in all of FBS last year.  Both are glaring on film, and both have been heavily documented throughout the entire recruiting process.  That stat has nothing to do with him "not being able to create separation."  

5 hours ago, hputenis said:

He was better at creating separation than anyone not named Henry Ruggs.  He also had the absolute worst college QB in all of FBS last year.  Both are glaring on film, and both have been heavily documented throughout the entire recruiting process.  That stat has nothing to do with him "not being able to create separation."  

Well people watched YouTube videos and they didn't see his speed based off their highly professional "film" watching

Been following him on twitter and the kid definitely seems to have the kind of attitude you want. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well people watched YouTube videos and they didn't see his speed based off their highly professional "film" watching

Everyone is watching the same videos, lol. So no one here has any more experience with him. Im sure your not going to his TCU practice or games in person to watch him to get first hand professional views on him. So those having high confidence in him are getting the same views of those who dont have high confidence. So that comment works both ways. 

Me, I never said anything about his spd etc. I just mentioned a few things that could result in that stat other then fight in him.  I let his play on the field do the talking. So I always hold my judgement on any new rookie till mid season, sometimes even season 2 mid season to judge. Do I feel he will be great? I don't have that gut feeling, no. I have a feeling he will be avg. But thats just a feeling, no supports it cause no one has anything to support anything yet. NFL is a whole different beast then college. Just like my gut that Lamb will be a top receiver in the league is just a feeling. Any player can be a bust or a stud and no one knows till they play the games. 

His ability to track & high point the football at 5'10-5'11 is incredible. He and agholor arent even comparable in that area. Guys that can do that with his speed, route running and playmaking ability turn into your AB's, OBJ's & steve smith's of the world. I believe Howie finally got it right. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not sure I ever saw Agholor make catches like that. Reagor is physical as well as fast. 

I'm not sure I would call him physical, but he is definitely very good at high pointing the ball and winning contested catches.

He's also very strong from what I remember.

5 hours ago, TEW said:

I'm not sure I would call him physical, but he is definitely very good at high pointing the ball and winning contested catches.

He's also very strong from what I remember.

I'm not saying it's the way he plays but he's got that athleticism and that power to be able to be physical. 

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not saying it's the way he plays but he's got that athleticism and that power to be able to be physical. 

Yea he knows how's to use his body to box out a DB and jump through the contact. I doubt we see him alligator arm passes ala Agholor or Pinkston. He also plays through contact so arm tackles don't work on him, something the NFL, especially CBs, have become accustomed to. 

• Like 2