Jalen Reagor (TCU WR) -- DRAFTED BY EAGLES! #21

Igglebird

On 4/22/2020 at 2:23 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

This guy can absolutely do it all. He can win the contested catches, he can gain YAC, he can stretch the field and he can return punts. 

If that Combine 4.47 is accurate he won't be doing a lot of field stretching, now if 4.22 that he allegedly ran at his Pro Day is accurate he will be a field stretcher.

30 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

If that Combine 4.47 is accurate he won't be doing a lot of field stretching, now if 4.22 that he allegedly ran at his Pro Day is accurate he will be a field stretcher.

Have you watched him play? Like have you actually seen any highlights or tape of him?

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Have you watched him play? Like have you actually seen any highlights or tape of him?

Yes, I've seen most if not all of his highlights and all looks good but it's all about his speed, if he's a 4.47 guy expect another Nelson Agholor, if he's a 4.22 guy expect big things.  

When watching highlights you have to consider the  competition as well as your teammates.  His QB was crap which favors him, the Big 12 Conference is known for fielding poor defensive teams which doesn't favor him considering the numbers he put up.

My pick would have been Mims but let's hope for the best. 

My only concern with Reagor is drops.  When I watch his tape the explosiveness and speed are there.  What I like the most is how he elevates with a huge vert to go get the ball.  If he can have reliable hands and be physical on release and at catch point he will dominate.

Even without that I feel like the coaching staff is going to scheme him open on short stuff like crazy.  Looking forward to seeing him on the field with Djax.

6 hours ago, proveagle said:

My only concern with Reagor is drops. 

I don't think drops are going to be a problem, he has good form.......arms extended and all hands, even on several deep balls where a basket catch was an option, Reager opted to turn is body, extend his arms and make a solid hands catch.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

I don't think drops are going to be a problem, he has good form.......arms extended and all hands, even on several deep balls where a basket catch was an option, Reager opted to turn is body, extend his arms and make a solid hands catch.  

I think it's concentration that led to those drops which I'm sure the team will work on. 

I don't expect too many stop routes or jump balls with Reagor. I think he's a "hit him in stride" kinda guy. Let him run under throws, and he'll have a big impact.

1 hour ago, PoconoDon said:

I don't expect too many stop routes or jump balls with Reagor. I think he's a "hit him in stride" kinda guy. Let him run under throws, and he'll have a big impact.

I think mostly yeah it's a get the ball in his hands either on deep routes or short routes where he can get YAC. But he's a physical enough WR to go get the ball. 

On 5/23/2020 at 12:51 AM, PoconoDon said:

He's pretty good at jump balls, especially for his size.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TEW said:

He's pretty good at jump balls, especially for his size.

Yeah I think some overlook that he's actually a good physical WR who can go up and get it due to his strength and his athleticism. 

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I think some overlook that he's actually a good physical WR who can go up and get it due to his strength and his athleticism. 

Did you watch a lot of TCU games?  

34 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Did you watch a lot of TCU games?  

I've seen enough of him to know he can win physically.

On 5/21/2020 at 8:54 PM, EagleVA said:

Yes, I've seen most if not all of his highlights and all looks good but it's all about his speed, if he's a 4.47 guy expect another Nelson Agholor, if he's a 4.22 guy expect big things.  

When watching highlights you have to consider the  competition as well as your teammates.  His QB was crap which favors him, the Big 12 Conference is known for fielding poor defensive teams which doesn't favor him considering the numbers he put up.

My pick would have been Mims but let's hope for the best. 

40 time is such an overrated, ridiculous metric. If you’ve seen his film, he is fast on the field, that is what matters. Not how he ran at one event in shorts and a t-shirt. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nipples said:

40 time is such an overrated, ridiculous metric. If you’ve seen his film, he is fast on the field, that is what matters. Not how he ran at one event in shorts and a t-shirt. 

Now you're being silly... they don't wear t-shirts anymore. 

😁

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Wow that's a hell of a jump. 

Someone commented that it was 14" from qualifying for the US olympic team. He was 18 years old at the time. I havent been this excited about an eagles receiver since we drafted desean. He's just so dynamic with the ball in his hands. But he also has the ball skills and explosive leaping ability to high point the football like a 6'3 receiver. He has nuance in his route running but it needs polish and refinement. If/when that happens, look out. He reminds me of AB, but more explosive. His HS coach compared him to a blend of AB and tyreek hill. Strangely enough, ive seen lots of people compare Wentz to Big Ben and miles to le'veon in terms of their play style. I truly believe wentz, sanders & reagor have that kind of upside as triplets. I cant wait to watch these guys grow together. Hopefully covid doesnt prevent the season from happening.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Incredibly excited about this kid. Can’t wait to see him shut people up about how Jefferson should have been the pick. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nipples said:

Incredibly excited about this kid. Can’t wait to see him shut people up about how Jefferson should have been the pick. 

Oh god yeah! I mean imagine if they use him all over the park and he contributes all over. Jefferson was only contributing in the slot.

i'm hoping he proves to be the perfect Desean Jackson replacement on the outside. All they need then is replacement for Alshon and a big time slot WR....and depth.

6 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

i'm hoping he proves to be the perfect Desean Jackson replacement on the outside. All they need then is replacement for Alshon and a big time slot WR....and depth.

That all? 😁

I agree although I think actually Reagor can do more than Desean. And that's not to say that he will be a better player or put up bigger numbers. I just think Reagor can do more in terms of his bigger, more physical and can be used in more ways. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

I‘m cautiously optimistic about Ward taking another step forward and at least being solid in the slot. Won’t be a game changer but could be a reliable presence there. Kind of like a Jason Avant type of slot receiver. 

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

I‘m cautiously optimistic about Ward taking another step forward and at least being solid in the slot. Won’t be a game changer but could be a reliable presence there. Kind of like a Jason Avant type of slot receiver. 

In my fantasy perfect world, he develops into a solid backup slot WR that is used here and there as needed, and is productive when called upon. If he is more than that? Great!

The guy I'm focusing on is JJAW. He better wake up and turn it on this year, or they'll need a WR early in April, 2021. I'm not optimistic he can replace Alshon though.

10 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

In my fantasy perfect world, he develops into a solid backup slot WR that is used here and there as needed, and is productive when called upon. If he is more than that? Great!

I think he can be more than a solid back up slot WR. I think he's a solid starter but as he's not a top starter it means Doug will move guys around to create mismatches in the slot.

I did not know this before ... really like this stat:

Career contested catches among 1st RD WRs:

1. Jalen Reagor – 27
2. Ceedee Lamb – 21
3. Justin Jefferson – 19
4. Jerry Jeudy – 13
5. Henry Ruggs III -12
6. Brandon Aiyuk – 3

• Like 4