Jalen Reagor (TCU WR) -- DRAFTED BY EAGLES! #21

Igglebird

28 minutes ago, Midnight_Green20 said:

Same. I think we should draft another WR this year. 

Either Mims in the 2nd if they can make that happen, then a DB in the 3rd. Or a DB in the second if Mims is taken, and Duvernay in the third. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nipples said:

Either Mims in the 2nd if they can make that happen, then a DB in the 3rd. Or a DB in the second if Mims is taken, and Duvernay in the third. 

Trading up for Fulton or Mims would be my dream outcome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nipples said:

If Mims somehow slid to 53, or close enough to trade up a few spots and grab him... wow. I wouldn’t much care what happens the rest of the draft if they come out of the first two rounds with both Reagor and Mims. 

You and me both. At that point I'd be completely set I'd have no complaints. Take LBers with the remaining picks for all I care. 

1 hour ago, Infam said:

Actually completely true to his word, Mr. Roseman went with youth (21), speed and "the best fit". Can't argue with it, he's got it all. 

"All' including questionable hands?  His drop rate should be a concern.  With pick 21 I was hoping for the complete WR ... one who the straight line speed to get off the line of scrimmage (check), the ability to play through contact, the ability to track the football while it is in the air, the ability to then catch the ball.  It is the latter that is questionable. 

Look he very well may turn out to be all that - I sure hope he does.  I'm just a bit disappointed watching Lamb drop all the way to the late teens then have Dallas gobble him up.  Seems like a big FU to the Eagles knowing we most likely would have taken him - a big FU for grabbing Goedert ahead of them a couple years ago.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, time2rock said:

"All' including questionable hands?  His drop rate should be a concern.  With pick 21 I was hoping for the complete WR ... one who the straight line speed to get off the line of scrimmage (check), the ability to play through contact, the ability to track the football while it is in the air, the ability to then catch the ball.  It is the latter that is questionable. 

Look he very well may turn out to be all that - I sure hope he does.  I'm just a bit disappointed watching Lamb drop all the way to the late teens then have Dallas gobble him up.  Seems like a big FU to the Eagles knowing we most likely would have taken him - a big FU for grabbing Goedert ahead of them a couple years ago.  

Look, I can understand that. But the simple truth is: As good as Lamb is, he is way slower. And speed kills, you see it every year how teams love the speed, and for good reason. The trend looks more like everyone in the offense should be fast and able to receive..

And then there is another thing: Would you rather have Lamb, or Reagor plus a guy in the second round??? Because really then it looks like a simple choice to me.

That said, I will say this: Reagor is a stud WR, that is super fast and will be a lot of fun to watch in this offense. Book it!

• Like 3

The people that don't like this pick are the same ones that didn't like drafting "Saquon's back-up" last year.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Infam said:

Trading up for Fulton or Mims would be my dream outcome.

Fulton, McKinney, Delpit, Diggs are the four I'd love. 

2 minutes ago, Han Solo said:

The people that don't like this pick are the same ones that didn't like drafting "Saquon's back-up" last year.

And probably thought JJAW was good because he's big. Our fan base isn't the most passionate, whoever said the most intelligent is kidding themselves. 

Just now, Han Solo said:

I dont think people dont like the player. I think more feel he was a reach with what was still on the boards. At 21 I dont want just pure speed. If sticking at 21 I want the better talent. I would have taken Murray or Ruiz over Reagor at 21. In a move back to late 20's hes good value. 21 with what was there, reach. Esp when you can get just as fast speed with hands in a later round.

Ive said it in other posts and Ill post it here too. Just hoping Moorehead can turn this kid from a Tavon Austin to more of a Percy Harvin. Reagors success will be solely based on if Moorehead can get this kid to be a better route runner and improve those hands. If hes just a Speed guy in his career this was not the right pick. Can;t compare him to DJax cause DJax was a great route runner coming out of college. 

• Like 1

So let's talk about fit. This is not just about how we needed to find players that create space for our TEs and Sanders.

This is about what you want for Wentz. The slower, YAC guy that will get up there and come down with the 50/50? Or the speedster that he can throw the deep ball to?

It's an easy one. Wentz can throw the deep ball with the best of them. Lamb will shine on his own (perfect for Dak). Reagor will let Wentz shine.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Infam said:

Look, I can understand that. But the simple truth is: As good as Lamb is, he is way slower. And speed kills, you see it every year how teams love the speed, and for good reason. The trend looks more like everyone in the offense should be fast and able to receive..

And then there is another thing: Would you rather have Lamb, or Reagor plus a guy in the second round??? Because really then it looks like a simple choice to me.

That said, I will say this: Reagor is a stud WR, that is super fast and will be a lot of fun to watch in this offense. Book it!

Look at the best WRs in the league. They are not all 4.4 guys. Hopkins and Adams are 4.5 guys and can stretch the field as well.

So what is your argument if the Eagles do not go WR in round 2?

I know Reagor is going to be good. I have been talking about him since last year on the board. This was a great pick if we look at it in a vacuum. But with context added, hard pill to swallow especially when I expect Lamb to be great. I think it is obvious Howie did not want to part with #53 and did not have any deals in place to move up and get CeeDee or Jeudy. 

But with a positive viewpoint, I am willing to forget this if Eagles draft another good WR to go with him (Tee Higgins or Michael Pittman). No Mims please. But I doubt eagles pick another wr in 2nd round.

3 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

I dont think people dont like the player. I think more feel he was a reach with what was still on the boards. At 21 I dont want just pure speed. If sticking at 21 I want the better talent. I would have taken Murray or Ruiz over Reagor at 21. In a move back to late 20's hes good value. 21 with what was there, reach. Esp when you can get just as fast speed with hands in a later round.

Ive said it in other posts and Ill post it here too. Just hoping Moorehead can turn this kid from a Tavon Austin to more of a Percy Harvin. Reagors success will be solely based on if Moorehead can get this kid to be a better route runner and improve those hands. If hes just a Speed guy in his career this was not the right pick. Can;t compare him to DJax cause DJax was a great route runner coming out of college. 

Hypothetically, we pick Murray at 21, because he's a higher ranked player.  Reagor still gets picked in round 1.  We try to trade up in round 2 but teams don't want to trade down or ask for ridiculous compensation.  There is then a run on tier 2 WRs at the top of round 2.  We end up picking another position at 53 and end up with Van Jefferson as our WR pick at 103.  

I'm glad we got exactly what we needed.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Lol Percy Harvin? Reagor is a legit WR. His floor is a Percy Harvin IMO. He has the potential to be an OBJ Jr without being a headcase.

• Like 2

Just now, philafan4o8 said:

Look at the best WRs in the league. They are not all 4.4 guys. Hopkins and Adams are 4.5 guys and can stretch the field as well.

So what is your argument if the Eagles do not go WR in round 2?

I know Reagor is going to be good. I have been talking about him since last year on the board. This was a great pick if we look at it in a vacuum. But with context added, hard pill to swallow especially when I expect Lamb to be great. I think it is obvious Howie did not want to part with #53 and did not have any deals in place to move up and get CeeDee or Jeudy. 

But with a positive viewpoint, I am willing to forget this if Eagles draft another good WR to go with him (Tee Higgins or Michael Pittman). No Mims please. But I doubt eagles pick another wr in 2nd round.

Not arguing that. The point I was trying to make was: Look at what Wentz doesn't like, has never really liked: Throwing it up there and hoping for Jeffery to come down with it.

What Wentz does like is to throw the deep ball to Djax. Make the big play. So yeah, Lamb will be good for the Cowboys. He is just another piece to help carry a mediocre QB.

But we don't need that for Wentz. We need legit weapons for someone that is elite slinging it.

Just now, philafan4o8 said:

Lol Percy Harvin? Reagor is a legit WR. His floor is a Percy Harvin IMO. He has the potential to be an OBJ Jr without being a headcase.

Harvin was a very good WR. If he didnt have the injury issues he was a top WR in the league. I think we all would be thrilled if he turns out the talent of Harvin minus the injuries. OBJ is a bit of a stretch there, lol. They are nothing a like. 

1 minute ago, Infam said:

Not arguing that. The point I was trying to make was: Look at what Wentz doesn't like, has never really liked: Throwing it up there and hoping for Jeffery to come down with it.

What Wentz does like is to throw the deep ball to Djax. Make the big play. So yeah, Lamb will be good for the Cowboys. He is just another piece to help carry a mediocre QB.

But we don't need that for Wentz. We need legit weapons for someone that is elite slinging it.

You make it seem like CeeDee is just a 50/50 guy and limited like Alshon. 

"Legit weapons" hmmm. I think we just disagree with how good CeeDee actually is for Wentz and this offense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

You make it seem like CeeDee is just a 50/50 guy and limited like Alshon. 

"Legit weapons" hmmm. I think we just disagree with how good CeeDee actually is for Wentz and this offense.

Like I said, he will be good for the Cowboys. A bad short throw from Dak, he gets it and runs with it. Perfect if you have a QB that is limited like that.

Obviously that would help Wentz too. But if you want to get the best of Wentz, you have to play to his strenghts. And he can throw the deep ball like few others can.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Infam said:

Like I said, he will be good for the Cowboys. A bad short throw from Dak, he gets it and runs with it. Perfect if you have a QB that is limited like that.

Obviously that would help Wentz too. But if you want to get the best of Wentz, you have to play to his strenghts. And he can throw the deep ball like few others can.

Wentz can throw it down the field for sure but his accuracy down the field is questionable, always has been.

1 minute ago, philafan4o8 said:

Wentz can throw it down the field for sure but his accuracy down the field is questionable, always has been.

You will eat your words next season. :Eagle_smiley:

3 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Eh, I don’t know. He tends to overthrow deep balls if anything, but then again he hasn’t been throwing to speedy deep receivers on those. The one game he had a true deep threat with DJax, his deep ball was on the money. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Again I love the pick. It was the right pick over Justin Jefferson. But still can't get over the fact that CeeDee was in strike range and the eagles didn't get it done. Unfortunately this overshadows the Reagor pick. 

We don't have two Darius Slays for Cooper and Lamb. They have two #1 WRs. 

Still need another WR

Duvernay

• Like 1

Take it for what you will

Pro Football talk Chris Simms said today he spoke to every team in the NFL and only Howie felt Reagor was a first round pick. All the other 31 teams in the NFL had him as a second rounder. 

Just now, DeathByEagle said:

Take it for what you will

Pro Football talk Chris Simms said today he spoke to every team in the NFL and only Howie felt Reagor was a first round pick. All the other 31 teams in the NFL had him as a second rounder. 

lol, yea I'm sure teams are lining up to tell Chris Simms their thoughts on every pick made.

• Like 1