Jalen Reagor (TCU WR) -- DRAFTED BY EAGLES! #21

Igglebird

12 minutes ago, FastFreddie said:

Jumping to the conclusion that the Eagles were targeting Ruggs and settled for Reagor has no basis on tape. They're not similar players, despite possibly having some top end straight line speed.

FWIW, I'd be a lot more likely to lose patience with Howie if he took Ruggs or Reagor with Lamb and Jeudy on the board.

Let me clarify my statement then because there appears to be a misunderstanding. Howie and the Eagles stated that they were trying to get faster. Almost every player they drafted were near the top end of the 40 time (Drafted/acquired WRs where 4.43 is the slowest 40 time of that group). Now, speed is not the end all be all of their evaluation but clearly it was heavily weighted in their evaluations. I don't like the combine at all. Combine should technically confirm what was shown on tape.

It is not ridiculous to think that the Eagles had Ruggs as their number 1 target at WR. The raiders clearly did and who knows how many other teams did as well. But in no way did I say they settled for Reagor. Again, you are talking to the person that was campaigning for Reagor if the Eagles stayed at #21. No one said Ruggs is like Reagor. Which of the top WRs in their years draft are similar players? 

Again I am not finding any area we disagree at...

2 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Again I am not finding any area we disagree at...

1. I do not think Howie should be fired. 
2. What has nine arms and sucks?

2 minutes ago, FastFreddie said:

1. I do not think Howie should be fired. 
2. What has nine arms and sucks?

🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

I just saw that Reagor will wear #18.  It must be nice to get to pick your own number, huh CeeDee?

• Haha 2

Reagor is going to surprise so many people. 

He is going to dominate this year. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

What the hell happened to Nicks anyway? Dude came out putting up good numbers his first few seasons, then just fell off a cliff and fizzled out of the league. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

What the hell happened to Nicks anyway? Dude came out putting up good numbers his first few seasons, then just fell off a cliff and fizzled out of the league. 

Injuries. I believe he had alot of problems with his feet/ankles. He was really good at one point though. Besides rice, thats really good company for reagor to be in. I think he's gonna surprise alot of people with how good of a pure WR he is. 

On 5/3/2020 at 4:09 AM, AzBirdGang said:

Reagor is going to surprise so many people. 

He is going to dominate this year. 

I dunno about dominating in year 1, but I do think the Eagles will find a way for him to amass 70 touches and he will be dynamic.  3-4 years down the line I think he will be a consensus top 10-15 WR.

My first choice before the draft was CeeDee.  Came to grips with the fact that there was no chance it would happen.  Naturally the closer we got the more excited I got, so I was disappointed that we missed out and that Dallas got him.

But the honest truth is before the draft I knew we had no chance at CeeDee and I hoped we had the stones to take Jalen Reagor even if Jefferson was there.  I think Reagor is an explosive play maker that can’t be covered and can be schemed like Tyreek Hill is.  To me I see Steve Smith, Percy Harvin and Tyreek in him.  I see Antonio Brown in him although he’s not quite the route runner yet.  Jalen Reagor is definitely going to be a problem for opposing defenses   

I don’t think it’s outside of the realm of possibility that he turns out to be the best wide receiver in this draft.  It’s a gutsy pick and I definitely approve.  

• Like 4

Skip the Josh Huff comparison parts and watch the highlights of Brown and Reagor. Gives you a good idea with the way the video is cut. 

Yea. I know he has a ways to go on route running if he wants to be Brown. 

The point is this guy gets so many different comparisons because he is that good of a player. Steve Smith, Tyreek Hill, Antonio Brown.... This draft was just nuts. People should be hyped.

His mentor is Desean now.... we should be thrilled.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Phillyfanatic said:

I think Reagor is an explosive play maker that can’t be covered and can be schemed like Tyreek Hill is.  To me I see Steve Smith, Percy Harvin and Tyreek in him.  I see Antonio Brown in him although he’s not quite the route runner yet.  Jalen Reagor is definitely going to be a problem for opposing defenses   

• Like 1

I posted this on the old board but there were quite a few prospects who came out and showed still frames of the clock starting before they had even moved. If he really ran 4.40 at 206lbs, is it really out of the realm of possibility that he's a 4.28-4.32 guy at 8-10lbs lighter? I can't wait to watch this kid grow with wentz.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KDUB1510 said:

I posted this on the old board but there were quite a few prospects who came out and showed still frames of the clock starting before they had even moved. If he really ran 4.40 at 206lbs, is it really out of the realm of possibility that he's a 4.28-4.32 guy at 8-10lbs lighter? I can't wait to watch this kid grow with wentz.

Is the clock supposed to start upon the player starting their attempt? Or is there a beep style start so it depends on reaction too?

The kid has jets. You can see it on film. Arguing the nuances of how his 40 time was captured is a little silly. Game speed and 40 time have a correlation, for sure, but it's not a great predictor of NFL success.

6 minutes ago, FastFreddie said:

The kid has jets. You can see it on film. Arguing the nuances of how his 40 time was captured is a little silly. Game speed and 40 time have a correlation, for sure, but it's not a great predictor of NFL success.

Yeah and he hits top speed at the snap of a finger.  To me the absolute only question with this guy is learning to get off the line of scrimmage, but as a Z and slot for his early career it shouldn't be huge deal.  Once he is off the line, his route running at the 2nd and 3rd levels is already NFL quality.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Is the clock supposed to start upon the player starting their attempt? Or is there a beep style start so it depends on reaction too?

5 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Yeah and he hits top speed at the snap of a finger.  To me the absolute only question with this guy is learning to get off the line of scrimmage, but as a Z and slot for his early career it shouldn't be huge deal.  Once he is off the line, his route running at the 2nd and 3rd levels is already NFL quality.

Some players don’t have pad speed.  His speed in the pads is really impressive.  On one play last season he hit a top speed of 22.6 MPH on the play which represented the fastest top speed of any player in college football last year.  And I guarantee Howie knew that when he targeted Reagor in this draft.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I cannot wait to see Reagor out on the field for us!

He's gonna make alot of fans & defenders look silly. Cant wait to watch him grow with Carson. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KDUB1510 said:

He's gonna make alot of fans & defenders look silly. Cant wait to watch him grow with Carson. 

I certainly think he's got that potential to do that.

Pretty cool breakdown between reagor and lamb. Reagor's route running is underrated. Not looking forward to facing lamb the next 8-10 years😬

12 hours ago, KDUB1510 said:

Pretty cool breakdown between reagor and lamb. Reagor's route running is underrated. Not looking forward to facing lamb the next 8-10 years😬

Hopefully the Cowboys get their cap all wrong though and like Byron Jones he ends up leaving after his rookie contract. 

• Like 1