Jalen Reagor (TCU WR) -- DRAFTED BY EAGLES! #21

Igglebird

The more I watch film on Jalen, the more I like him. I think he will be a great fit in our offense.

• Like 2

The kid is going to be special. I don’t hate Jefferson, he will be a solid pro, but Reagor has superstar potential. People hating the pick because he didn’t put up the numbers Jefferson did need to actually watch how inaccurate his QB was. If the roles were reversed and Reagor had Burrow throwing to him his numbers would have been crazy.  I would argue that the Eagles wouldn’t have gotten him in that scenario, because he’d have been gone before 21. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, nipples said:

The kid is going to be special. I don’t hate Jefferson, he will be a solid pro, but Reagor has superstar potential. People hating the pick because he didn’t put up the numbers Jefferson did need to actually watch how inaccurate his QB was. If the roles were reversed and Reagor had Burrow throwing to him his numbers would have been crazy.  I would argue that the Eagles wouldn’t have gotten him in that scenario, because he’d have been gone before 21. 

Yeah I'd agree with that. Jefferson is the safer pick. He'll catch a greater volume probably but he won't bring that explosive play ability that Reagor will. 

To me this was a doing your homework pick. Normally with wrs we don't do that.

12 hours ago, Han Solo said:

Reagor is at the bottom of this list with 31%

Exactly. 

12 hours ago, Han Solo said:

Not quite right though is it... The stats are but the comment about swapping Reagor and Jefferson isn't right. They are different kinds of receiver, Jefferson is a volume catcher, Reagor is more explosive and big play. I'd hazard a guess that Reagor would have been far more productive with LSU but Jefferson wouldn't have seen much reduction in volume.

Reagor was my top choice beyond the big 3. I was really hoping we'd take him over Jefferson. Watch any of his route running breakdowns and you'll see just how often he had to track poorly thrown balls. His QB left a lot of yards and TDs on the field. I feel like he's going to be a good one.

14 hours ago, Han Solo said:

Very glaring statistically for Reagor you add an additional 20% to this Analysis and he  goes even earlier in the first round.  I dont think this was a reach at all as the analysts are saying. i feel Reagor will be a stud and with Wentz throwing his catch rate will be off the charts.

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Not quite right though is it... The stats are but the comment about swapping Reagor and Jefferson isn't right. They are different kinds of receiver, Jefferson is a volume catcher, Reagor is more explosive and big play. I'd hazard a guess that Reagor would have been far more productive with LSU but Jefferson wouldn't have seen much reduction in volume.

Jefferson with the inaccurate TCU QB and not having Jamar Chase getting attention would be a much different WR.  TCU would need him on the outside, too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Han Solo said:

Jefferson with the inaccurate TCU QB and not having Jamar Chase getting attention would be a much different WR.  TCU would need him on the outside, too.

He's a slot WR so will be there on those short to intermediate routes... I don't think it would be a huge drop off. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He's a slot WR so will be there on those short to intermediate routes... I don't think it would be a huge drop off. 

OK.  Fair point, but I looked back at the TCU receiving stats for 2019 and the other receivers not named Reagor only had 29, 20, 11 and 11 receptions.  That's not alot of production for whichever of them was in the slot.  If Jefferson was on TCU (meaning that Reagor was not there) he would most likely have to play outside.  The point of the tweet was to say that in that example, Jefferson would go unnoticed if he played in the same situation that Reagor did.

I didn't know much about Reagor, but I didn't want Jefferson. He plays kind of like a receiving TE, of which we already have two good ones. Plus, it's the same style game that a healthy Alshon (I know, LOL) and a non-sucky JJAW (not looking likely) are supposed to have.

The only argument against Reagor is that the Eagles probably could have made a deal that would have netted them CeeDee Lamb in pick 16 if they gave up the picks that ended up being Reagor and Hurts. And Lamb could be legitimately great. But taking the trade angle away, Reagor was a unique fit for what the Eagles sorely lack with DeSean out. Good pick. B+ grade for the Roseman from Freddie.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FastFreddie said:

I didn't know much about Reagor, but I didn't want Jefferson. He plays kind of like a receiving TE, of which we already have two good ones. Plus, it's the same style game that a healthy Alshon (I know, LOL) and a non-sucky JJAW (not looking likely) are supposed to have.

The only argument against Reagor is that the Eagles probably could have made a deal that would have netted them CeeDee Lamb in pick 16 if they gave up the picks that ended up being Reagor and Hurts. And Lamb could be legitimately great. But taking the trade angle away, Reagor was a unique fit for what the Eagles sorely lack with DeSean out. Good pick. B+ grade for the Roseman from Freddie.

Assuming that Atlanta wanted to trade down, which was discovered that they did not.  And Dallas was not trading with us.

Just now, Han Solo said:

Assuming that Atlanta wanted to trade down, which was discovered that they did not.  And Dallas was not trading with us.

It's all conjecture at this point as to who was and wasn't willing to trade, but I agree that with Lamb on the board at 17, Dallas was a no go.

43 minutes ago, Han Solo said:

OK.  Fair point, but I looked back at the TCU receiving stats for 2019 and the other receivers not named Reagor only had 29, 20, 11 and 11 receptions.  That's not alot of production for whichever of them was in the slot.  If Jefferson was on TCU (meaning that Reagor was not there) he would most likely have to play outside.  The point of the tweet was to say that in that example, Jefferson would go unnoticed if he played in the same situation that Reagor did.

There would be some drop off for Jefferson no doubt but he's a really good WR and I don't think TCU had another WR beyond Reagor anything like that. 

18 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

There would be some drop off for Jefferson no doubt but he's a really good WR and I don't think TCU had another WR beyond Reagor anything like that. 

Jefferson wouldn’t necessarily have been a non-factor in TCU’s offense, but his numbers wouldn’t have been as crazy as they were in the situation he had at LSU. I think he’d have been a second round value at TCU because his numbers would have dipped a fair amount compared to his LSU numbers. 

But give Reagor Burrow at QB and other receivers to take some of the pressure away like Jefferson had? I think he’d have put up numbers even better than what he did in 2018 at TCU  

• Like 2

The Eagles were not looking for just any good WR. They wanted to draft a young speedster. That is the result of the analysis: If we have a deep threat, all the weapons we have get better. "All the different flavors" in this draft, and they got a young deep threat to grow with Wentz.

I bet they wanted Ruggs, and when Ruggs was too expensive to get they wanted Reagor. 

Reagor fits the Eagles perfectly, is 21 and does return for you on ST too. What's not to like?

56 minutes ago, Infam said:

The Eagles were not looking for just any good WR. They wanted to draft a young speedster. That is the result of the analysis: If we have a deep threat, all the weapons we have get better. "All the different flavors" in this draft, and they got a young deep threat to grow with Wentz.

I bet they wanted Ruggs, and when Ruggs was too expensive to get they wanted Reagor. 

Reagor fits the Eagles perfectly, is 21 and does return for you on ST too. What's not to like?

Everyone is either obsessed with strictly stats without considering the circumstances (basically they wanted jefferson) or they are just upset that we weren’t able to trade up for Lamb. 

1 hour ago, Infam said:

I agree. It is clear based on the WRs we drafted and acquired that Ruggs was the Eagles #1 target. They were probably hoping/assuming he would get by the Raiders. 

Thank goodness for the Raiders because if the Eagles traded up for Ruggs and drafted him in front of Jeudy and Lamb....there would be a riot

• Haha 1

Man, y'all really think 40 times at the combine make all the difference. Jeudy and Lamb are next level... complete route runners, productive, lots of agility and separation. Ruggs.... not sure what he'll be be without Jeudy. Film is not that impressive. Jefferson... uses his body, doesn't get separation with speed/cuts.

Of course anyone with "Fire Howie" in their signature is ridiculous, so none of this is surprising. Kisses!

2 hours ago, FastFreddie said:

Man, y'all really think 40 times at the combine make all the difference. Jeudy and Lamb are next level... complete route runners, productive, lots of agility and separation. Ruggs.... not sure what he'll be be without Jeudy. Film is not that impressive. Jefferson... uses his body, doesn't get separation with speed/cuts.

Of course anyone with "Fire Howie" in their signature is ridiculous, so none of this is surprising. Kisses!

Lol I am ridiculously yet you literally agree with what I said. Who the hell is saying 40 times make a difference? Who has not said Leudy and Lamb are the only elite prospects? Read you newbie

People with "🎶 Pour some sugar on me! 🎶" in their signature are ridiculous because they try to start an argument where there isnt one...

5 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Lol I am ridiculously yet you literally agree with what I said. Who the hell is saying 40 times make a difference? Who has not said Leudy and Lamb are the only elite prospects? Read you newbie

People with "🎶 Pour some sugar on me! 🎶" in their signature are ridiculous because they try to start an argument where there isnt one...

I'll start an argument with anyone who actually wants to fire Howie two seasons after a Super Bowl. It's a terrible and extreme take based on limited data points. He's a top 10 executive in the NFL at worst. Whatever it is you think he's done that justifies taking a stab at overhauling the entire personnel department... he hasn't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FastFreddie said:

I'll start an argument with anyone who actually wants to fire Howie two seasons after a Super Bowl. It's a terrible and extreme take based on limited data points. He's a top 10 executive in the NFL at worst. Whatever it is you think he's done that justifies taking a stab at overhauling the entire personnel department... he hasn't.

Lol so literal...ok I live in the moment and we disagree with how good Howie is as a GM ok whatever agree to disagree

What about that other non-sense in your previous post that I questioned you on that you failed to address? I can care less about the signature issue because I put a lot of things there that people disagree with

2 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Lol so literal...ok I live in the moment and we disagree with how good Howie is as a GM ok whatever agree to disagree

What about that other non-sense in your previous post that I questioned you on that you failed to address? I can care less about the signature issue because I put a lot of things there that people disagree with

Jumping to the conclusion that the Eagles were targeting Ruggs and settled for Reagor has no basis on tape. They're not similar players, despite possibly having some top end straight line speed.

FWIW, I'd be a lot more likely to lose patience with Howie if he took Ruggs or Reagor with Lamb and Jeudy on the board.