Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

Seriously Ian Kennedy can F off. Twice he’s blown saves in 3 games that would’ve helped the Phillies 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Seriously Ian Kennedy can F off. Twice he’s blown saves in 3 games that would’ve helped the Phillies 

He is brutal 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Yeah they won't have to travel as far to lose in the first round

Good thing we are sitting stott vs. lefties more often… like Thomson has morphed into girardi lately 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Good thing we are sitting stott vs. lefties more often… like Thomson has morphed into girardi lately 

Thompson has been very Girardi like lately. Wouldn’t mind if they look elsewhere after the season

2 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

Thompson has been very Girardi like lately. Wouldn’t mind if they look elsewhere after the season

this really started around the second Mets series but has reached the point it has during the road trip.  

10 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Brogdon has been trash lately

yeah but in his defense this situation he’s not a closer. Asking him to do something he’s not used to or done often is recipe for disaster. I’d have used Alvarado as the closer. I believe he did it for the rays and the Phillies a couple games last year. Brogdon has done it once this year and it was shaky that game 

thankfully he got the job done and we had a multi run lead

• Like 1

Bailey Falter and Edmundo Sosa leading the Phils to the playoffs just like everyone predicted 

• Haha 1

Small sample size and all that, but is it possible we’ve got something in Sosa? I didn’t realize he was still only 26 years old. Didn’t know much about him before, so don’t know if he was ever touted as a great prospect or not. 

13 minutes ago, nipples said:

Small sample size and all that, but is it possible we’ve got something in Sosa? I didn’t realize he was still only 26 years old. Didn’t know much about him before, so don’t know if he was ever touted as a great prospect or not. 

He reminds me of Pedro Feliz but can play multiple positions. Don’t think he’s ever a great hitter but he can be a solid hitter. Gives you flexibility to have him or stott at third and move bohm to first when when hoskins arbitration runs out after next year.  

Wow Joe with a rare good point 

17 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Going well for soto

Would be crazy to see San Diego not be able to sign him after giving up what they did. 

9 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He reminds me of Pedro Feliz but can play multiple positions. Don’t think he’s ever a great hitter but he can be a solid hitter. Gives you flexibility to have him or stott at third and move bohm to first when when hoskins arbitration runs out after next year.  

Wow Joe with a rare good point 

The Brewers have a tough stretch of Cards/Yankees/Mets coming up too

10 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Going well for soto

It'll be interesting to see how he performs next year. Was this year just an aberration or is this the start of a steep decline? If he continues to decline, he's gonna wish he took the Nats offer.  

12 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

It'll be interesting to see how he performs next year. Was this year just an aberration or is this the start of a steep decline? If he continues to decline, he's gonna wish he took the Nats offer.  

Still can’t believe he turned down $440m guaranteed. What a moron. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Still can’t believe he turned down $440m guaranteed. What a moron. 

He's a Boras client so he always recommends them to go into free agency plus the $440 million was spread out over 15 years which would have made him something like the 20th highest paid player in MLB per AAV. Boras wants him to be paid top 3 money at the minimum. Plus, the Nats like to differ a lot of their money into later years which is one of the reasons Harper didn't re-sign. It would be funny though if Soto continues to decline and it blows up in both of their faces. 

2 hours ago, GoEagles5921 said:

The Brewers have a tough stretch of Cards/Yankees/Mets coming up too

Yeah. If the Phillies didn’t have such a rich history of letting us down, I’d say the wild card is pretty much a lock right now. 

Outside of 1964, when I was too young to really even know what baseball was, I can't think of another time where the Phillies had a lead in a pennant race and failed to make it. I recall several times where they finished out of the money, but as far as I can remember, they were always the ones doing the chasing and just came up short.