Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

56 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Double header moved up to Friday.

Because of the rain or concern over lack of interest? :P

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blazehound said:

Yeah let’s not go crazy. I blame the GM. The line up construction is awful. 

Hoskins/Realmuto/Castellanos/Schwarber are all so redundant. I’d look to move Hoskins and Castellanos in the offseason, put Schwarber at first, and sign/trade for a defensive, high on base, left fielder, along with signing Trea Turner. Line up issues solved. 

Overall I agree with you but not sure there is a team willing to take on the Castellanos contract for 4 more years. Plus, he is strictly a DH so that lessens his value as well. I wouldn't mind putting Bohm over at first then get a Pedro Feliz type to play 3rd. Nola is another one I wouldn't mind seeing shipped out. He is too mentally fragile. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Overall I agree with you but not sure there is a team willing to take on the Castellanos contract for 4 more years. Plus, he is strictly a DH so that lessens his value as well. I wouldn't mind putting Bohm over at first then get a Pedro Feliz type to play 3rd. Nola is another one I wouldn't mind seeing shipped out. He is too mentally fragile. 

You already have a Pedro Feliz in sosa.

Hoskins and nola absolutely have to go

2 hours ago, Blazehound said:

Yeah let’s not go crazy. I blame the GM. The line up construction is awful. 

Hoskins/Realmuto/Castellanos/Schwarber are all so redundant. I’d look to move Hoskins and Castellanos in the offseason, put Schwarber at first, and sign/trade for a defensive, high on base, left fielder, along with signing Trea Turner. Line up issues solved. 

Hoskins needs to be moved cause he’s a free agent at the end of 2023 and they shouldn’t re-sign him at 31 with what he likely wants. I’d just move bohm over to 1st if they dealt hoskins. DH schwarber once harper is fully recovered from his elbow.

The issue with castellanos is he has 4 years left on that deal. I’m guessing in order to move him the Phillies likely have to eat some of that contract. Not sure ownership is willing to do that on a player who’s not here. I think they could find a taker but it’s likely not bringing much in return due to the season he just had.  

Realmuto has been great from July onward. However he’s also going to be 32 next year. I’d make the case to sell high on him cause at some point the drop off is coming. It’s better to get out a year to early than trying a year too late. And you could really cash out at his value right now cause I’m not sure it’s ever as high after what he’s accomplished second half of the year. that said they won’t do it and the Phillies traded away their best catching prospect. And we don’t have anyone in the minors that’s considered a stud at the position or even very close to being called up. It’s why if they were debating making a move where they traded O’hoppe then they should’ve likely really considered taking Daniel Susac in the draft who’s about 1-2 years from being MLB starting catcher and fell to them. 

18 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

You already have a Pedro Feliz in sosa.

Hoskins and nola absolutely have to go

True, forgot about Sosa since he's been injured. 

23 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m waiting for him to get hit by a bus or some other freak accident. We can’t have nice things.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

I’m waiting for him to get hit by a bus or some other freak accident. We can’t have nice things.

Remember like 10 years ago when we lost a top pitching prospect who was a 2nd round pick when he lost an eye from using a resistance band? 

6 hours ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Bring me back to the days of John Mayberry Jr.

I actually played High School baseball against him, back in the late 80’s. He was really good then, but I never thought he would actually make it to the Big Leagues

• Like 1

Thanks Ranger for being complete crap to start the game. 

we are super lucky and fortunate this isn’t a 3-4 run game 

Pretty amazing the Phillies hitters have made the cubs rotation look like Halladay, Lee, hamels and oswalt back in 2011

averaging 2 runs per game against the cubs this year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Choke artists 

Yup. I’d be willing to bet they split with the nationals this weekend and basically really ending all of this 

Just now, GoEagles5921 said:

0-6 against the cubs lol can’t really say much more about these sad sacks at this point 

If you add in the crappy ass rangers they are 0-10

Just now, GoEagles5921 said:

0-6 against the cubs lol can’t really say much more about these sad sacks at this point 

Not over yet :nonono: