Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

Very interested to see what they do in the off-season.  If this collapse gets eternal losers like nola and Hoskins off the team it’ll be worth it

Thomson being a dope bringing in brogdon in a 2 run game and we haven’t used dominguez or Alvarado the past two games and off day Monday 

Anybody that thinks this team will get right by playing the Nationals, keep in mind that they took 2 out of 3 against the Mets earlier this month and they just took 2 out of 3 against the Braves. I don't think they get anything better than a split honestly and probably lose 2 out of 3 against Houston. Yeah, this team is dead. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Next year will be their year, if not definitely the year after

What happens first 

I die -1000

phillies make the playoffs +550

29 minutes ago, Gannan said:

At least the eagles are good

I bet Jalen could hit a baseball pretty far

21 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

What happens first 

I die -1000

phillies make the playoffs +550

What if you die while the phillies are in the playoffs

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

What if you die while the phillies are in the playoffs

It’d probably die from not bunting a runner over 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Brewers currently winning and will be half game up if it stands 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

These two teams stink.  The thing is the Nats are bad.  Real bad.  The Phils could sweep or take 3 of 4.  Which makes me think the series in Houston that will be meaningless for the Astros will decide things.

4 hours ago, vsptroops said:

Anybody that thinks this team will get right by playing the Nationals, keep in mind that they took 2 out of 3 against the Mets earlier this month and they just took 2 out of 3 against the Braves. I don't think they get anything better than a split honestly and probably lose 2 out of 3 against Houston. Yeah, this team is dead. 

The Nats have already lost 100 games.  They're horrible.  The Phillies are 13-2 against them this season.  13-2!!  I get that doesn't guarantee anything, but my main point is that the Nats are not good.  :lol: 

9 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

The Nats have already lost 100 games.  They're horrible.  The Phillies are 13-2 against them this season.  13-2!!  I get that doesn't guarantee anything, but my main point is that the Nats are not good.  :lol: 

You're not gonna get an argument from me about how bad the Nats are. My point is that this same putrid Nats team took 2 out of 3 from both the Mets and Braves this month so to expect them to rollover is being naive.