Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

Walker, strahm and falter our 3 best starters is probably not ideal lol 

Soto has been fantastic lately and these stats don’t include today 

• Like 2

Just now, mikemack8 said:

I know he got two Ks that inning, I just don't like him :lol: 

It’s justifiable he wasn’t good last year. That was the bullpen move i didn’t care for. Even marte for what they gave up with basically a shot in the dark with a guy that has great velocity. Dodgers kept him off the postseason roster for a reason. He was really not good for like 4.5 months last year 

41 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Walker, strahm and falter our 3 best starters is probably not ideal lol 

They just need to keep our head above water until wheeler and Nola un-F themselves  and Bryce returns 

Just now, devpool said:

They just need to keep our head above water until wheeler and Nola un-F themselves  and Bryce returns 

We positive nola and wheeler get themselves completely turned around this year? I’m hoping they do but I’ve been concerned after pitching as deep into October and November and the amount of innings they did that maybe they just have a down year. 

11 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

We positive nola and wheeler get themselves completely turned around this year? I’m hoping they do but I’ve been concerned after pitching as deep into October and November and the amount of innings they did that maybe they just have a down year. 

I think eventually they will come around, I just hope it isn't too late. And a down year is ok but they can't be awful. 

14 minutes ago, devpool said:

I think eventually they will come around, I just hope it isn't too late. And a down year is ok but they can't be awful. 

I’m hoping the guardians just plummet so Bieber becomes available at the deadline. Cause he’s likely leaving at end of 2024. So might deal him to get max value at the deadline but I’m doubting they do it unless they are out of it 

31 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m hoping the guardians just plummet so Bieber becomes available at the deadline. Cause he’s likely leaving at end of 2024. So might deal him to get max value at the deadline but I’m doubting they do it unless they are out of it 

It seems he's the only worthwhile guy coming up to free agency, or at least the one I see the most about 

2 hours ago, devpool said:

It seems he's the only worthwhile guy coming up to free agency, or at least the one I see the most about 

There’s Ohtani too but i don’t think the Phillies realistically have a shot at him. 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

There’s Ohtani too but i don’t think the Phillies realistically have a shot at him. 

I didn't bring him up cause there is no Fin way lol

9 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

If they let Nola walk and trade Wheeler, they’d have plenty of cash for Ohtani.

They still need another pitcher. Cause then you’d have Ohtani, Suarez, painter and walker. I still think they’d need a no. 2 starter at that point. Not sure painter is ready to take that role at his age 

30 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

They still need another pitcher. Cause then you’d have Ohtani, Suarez, painter and walker. I still think they’d need a no. 2 starter at that point. Not sure painter is ready to take that role at his age 

He’s going to be spending 2024 recovering from Tommy John with a 2025 eta, so yea.

This series if they ain't sweepin, phillies fans will be weepin :phil:

• Angry 1

Here we go, saw this coming , Phillies put out the nonsense all star break date so they can make harper look like a hero when  it was initially May for him to come back hitting

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2023/04/bryce-harper-might-end-up-becoming-a-modern-day-medical-miracle.html