Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

When do we discuss schwarber being awful. He either hits a HR or is an out. Batting .175

• Like 1

They were 1 for 11 with runners in scoring position last night.

1 hour ago, John Blutarski said:

They were 1 for 11 with runners in scoring position last night.

I think they are 1-33 in their last 3 games. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

When do we discuss schwarber being awful. He either hits a HR or is an out. Batting .175

I think only one of his homeruns had a person on base too. I like Schwarber but the guy is aggravating. Hopefully it evens out over the year. Seems like hes left handed Hoskins.

12 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

I think only one of his homeruns had a person on base too. I like Schwarber but the guy is aggravating. Hopefully it evens out over the year. Seems like hes left handed Hoskins.

Someone on Twitter said we have just 1 homer where it’s been 3 runs or more. I’d have to look it up but that feels accurate 

No way they win today. This team never comes back from early deficits. On the other hand, they’re pretty good at blowing early leads.

$84 for a pizza at that park. You gotta be one stupid dipsheet to pay that price for a pizza

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Soto can’t get a Fing out. 

i wonder if the Phillies go on a prolong losing streak if thomson’s job comes into jeopardy. Legitimately the Phillies aren’t doing one thing well. Pitching is a disaster. Hitting has been poor win RISP all year. And fielding has been bad. 

• Angry 1

Dombrowski’s offseason has been a spectacular failure so far:

Soto - Crap

Kimbrel - Crap

Walker - Crap

Turner - Subpar

Strahm - Good

An offseason that bad could get him canned if this continues to play out. 

• Angry 1

5 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Soto - Crap

Kimbrel - Crap

Walker - Crap

Turner - Subpar

Strahm - Good

what the heck did dave see in these guys? besides turner why does dave keep getting players from bad teams? i mean thomson is no picnic either, it's like making the world series was the worst thing to happen to this team and the organization really got over their heads from that.

14 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Soto - Crap

Kimbrel - Crap

Walker - Crap

Turner - Subpar

Strahm - Good

In fairness soto isn’t crap. He just has had 3 horrific outings out of the pen otherwise he’s been good. Usually one comes every 2-3 weeks 

IMG_7468.thumb.jpeg.ae24f17cd2712e6a5fac5c8290f8e5b8.jpeg

Turner in his last 27 games has 39 k's to only 6 walks. Like others have said, not sure what DD saw in Walker and Kimbrel. Those seemed like desperate signings. 

They are 2 for 39 with runners in scoring position. This team is absolutely terrible.

2 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Turner in his last 27 games has 39 k's to only 6 walks. Like others have said, not sure what DD saw in Walker and Kimbrel. Those seemed like desperate signings. 

Kimbrel was always going to be a disaster. However walker is in the midst of his worse season as a starter in his career. He actually has been solid as a 4th starter much of his career which is what the Phillies could use. His ERA was 3.49 last year with the Mets. The issue is he’s walking guys and his control isn’t there.

Frankly the entire staff has been bad. Nola has 4.53 ERA. Wheeler is at 4.06 ERA.  (Suarez one start so his 6.75 is too early to tell). Honestly could make the case for the Phillies to fire their pitching coach. 

1 hour ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

$84 for a pizza at that park. You gotta be one stupid dipsheet to pay that price for a pizza

Wow, and I thought Manco's and the boardwalk joints overcharge for pizza.

For $84 it better be really, really good pizza and as big as a Lorenzo's full pie. 

54 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Here we are again ? Ok fire Rob and make Dusty the MGR. 

Worked last time.

Turner is a blackhole in the lineup. Guthrie hits a 2 out double then Trea hacks at the first pitch and grounds out to short for the 3rd out. 0-3 with 2 k's so far.