Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

3 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Man what a pitcher he was

Such a shame they couldn't get him a ring. To this day, I feel that if they were able to get past the Cardinals in 2011, they would have won the whole thing. To be honest, I'm not sure which loss irritates me more- 2010 against SF or 2011. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Such a shame they couldn't get him a ring. To this day, I feel that if they were able to get past the Cardinals in 2011, they would have won the whole thing. To be honest, I'm not sure which loss irritates me more- 2010 against SF or 2011. 

F’n Chris Carpenter.  Wasn’t that the game that Howard blew out his Achilles too, for the last out?  

58 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

for me it's 2010 for a couple of reasons. 

1. We were closer in terms of it being the NLCS, instead of still the divisional round

2. It would have been really cool to appear in 3 straight WS

3. I live in the SF Bay Area and I passionately hate all the Bay Area teams (the Raiders and A's never bothered me, but I hate the SF Giants, Niners, Warriors, and Sharks)

1 hour ago, vsptroops said:

Are we assuming if we won and Howard didnt get hurt. they have a shot but i do think the loss of Howard likely would’ve caught up to them. They had issues scoring after game 1 against the cardinals with Howard. Went from 11 to 4 to 3 to 3 and finally 0

1 hour ago, vsptroops said:

Would have helped if he did not give up 2 homers to scrub Cody Ross

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

F’n Chris Carpenter.  Wasn’t that the game that Howard blew out his Achilles too, for the last out?  

Yep.

28 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Are we assuming if we won and Howard didnt get hurt. they have a shot but i do think the loss of Howard likely would’ve caught up to them. They had issues scoring after game 1 against the cardinals with Howard. Went from 11 to 4 to 3 to 3 and finally 0

Who knows, maybe if the Phillies scored 2 or 3 runs, then maybe Howard doesn't blow out his Achilles. Revisionist history I know. 

23 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Would have helped if he did not give up 2 homers to scrub Cody Ross

Yep, and wasn't it another scrub on the Cardinals the following year that bit them in the ass? Freese or something like that? 

There are few ex-Phillies I hate more than Scott Rolen.

• Like 1

The wall just became contaminated.

Kinda like bad graffitti.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

There are few ex-Phillies I hate more than Scott Rolen.

Right? F Scott rolen. Also f jd drew 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Bad move........Most of us HATE Scott Rolen.  Scumbag. 

Had like two good at bats tonight and one we were robbed of a homer. Guys just swinging at pitches that start out of the zone and finish nearly hitting the ground 

Smooth job by Thomson to bring in brogdon. Why not dominguez in a 1 run game with a day off and in his last 17 appearances he has a 0.63 era and pitched 14.1 innings. 

So ottavino who was wild and couldn’t find the zone we decide to steal on and get thrown out doing so. With the tying run at the plate. Another dumb decision by our manager. 

10 minutes ago, devpool said:

Of course they get good pitching and they can't hit

Sitting Harper the day after an off day when all he does is DH is ridiculously dumb. Add on if you wanted him to basically sit two days then pull him against atlanta in the first after you were down 7-0 with strider on the mound. You weren’t coming back from 7 down against atlanta and strider. Would essentially been two days off 

• Like 1

Pretty sure we are gonna get swept in this series. It’s nola vs. carrasco in game 2. Then walker vs scherzer in game 3. 

• Haha 1

One thing is for sure - this offense is as advertised. Exciting,  dynamic, not a weak spot 1 thru 9. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

Suarez finally has a decent outing and the offense lays an egg. Classic Phils.

23 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Pretty sure we are gonna get swept in this series. It’s nola vs. carrasco in game 2. Then walker vs scherzer in game 3. 

Yup 100% happening. 

• Like 1
  • Angry 1