Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. First to 20 Wins!

Captain F

1 minute ago, Blazehound said:

Who starts game 2? I guess Falter?

Suarez and Falter in the first two games is not ideal. Suarez would also be forced to pitch in a game 5 scenario.

I think Wheeler and Nola should get games 2 and 3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blazehound said:

Who starts game 2? I guess Falter?

Suarez and Falter in the first two games is not ideal. Suarez would also be forced to pitch in a game 5 scenario.

Wheeler game 2

8 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Screenshot_20221010_123818.jpg

I think the term is smart.  Gives him some job security with the ability for the team to cut bait if this pickup season was truly an outlier/fluke for him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

I think Wheeler and Nola should get games 2 and 3

It really sucks game 1 starts Tuesday. Was hoping for Wednesday. You’d get wheeler and nola for games 1 and 2 then. And if game 5 wheeler on normal rest. 

On 10/9/2022 at 8:12 AM, toughfighter83 said:

this is why im not picking the phillies to win the world series, too many teams in the playoffs that we dont match up well against, only possible way is that we beat atlanta, dodgers, mets, astros have to be knocked out.

you one of these people that takes an emotional support dog to home depot ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

In that case, I would guess Falter and Suarez pitch game 4 and 5, respectively?

4 hours ago, Blazehound said:

In that case, I would guess Falter and Suarez pitch game 4 and 5, respectively?

That’s what I’d assume with game 3 and 4 on Friday and Saturday and game 5 on Sunday. 

Didn’t even realize the game was at 1:00. WTF is MLB thinking? They know people work, right? You’d think they’d want better ratings for their playoff series. 

David Robertson not on the NLDS roster which means he's probably hurt again. Nick Nelson took his place. :thumbdown:

Edit: Robertson apparently pulled a calf muscle jumping up and down after Bryce homered the other night. :facepalm:

Braves just won the World Series and look at the ticket prices...... What a joke 

Seats behind the dugout are like $150

Screenshot_20221011_104620.jpg

Screenshot_20221011_104606.jpg

46 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

David Robertson not on the NLDS roster which means he's probably hurt again. Nick Nelson took his place. :thumbdown:

Edit: Robertson apparently pulled a calf muscle jumping up and down after Bryce homered the other night. :facepalm:

How does a professional athlete strain his calf celebrating to such an extent it keeps him out over a week? It almost sounds unbelievable.

14 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

How does a professional athlete strain his calf celebrating to such an extent it keeps him out over a week? It almost sounds unbelievable.

Unbelievable. We’ve had a ton of injuries this year, that one is probably the dumbest of all of them. 

Bats starting out hot! Hopefully this gets Harper and Castellanos going. If those two can get hot it’ll be huge.