GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ Dallas Cowboys, 12-24-22, 4:25PM EST

EagleJoe8

13 hours ago, NCTANK said:

5 turnovers is unacceptable at any level, but this loss doesn’t bother me at all. i fully expect them to bounce back from this and go on another run.

Yeah. I imagine if Dallas was really dangerous that’s a 30 point loss. 

5 minutes ago, EaglezMike said:

Disappointing but I’m ok. We took them down to the 20 and we gave the ball away too many times. Also this is the third road game. About time we get back home. I have a feeling if we had Hurts the outcome would’ve been different. We gave the Washington game away and I believe we have this one away as well. We have beaten ourselves twice now. 

We will clinch just a week later. 

Yeah what makes it somewhat okay is that out playoff fate is in our hands. We know we are in the playoffs and we need just one win. 

So I see a lot of talking from cowboys fans all over the place. I don’t get it. Do you think beating us was their ultimate goal this year?  It kind of seems like it to me. Seems like ever since the 2000s that all they want is to beat us. I mean I want a superbowl. Do they just accept the Eagles as the Super Bowl?

3 hours ago, Sportsdude360 said:

Well, Dak "hurts" the Eagles for sure. We spotted you 10 points and you still couldn't beat us. Dak tore your defense apart.....  And your D lets Dak complete a LONG BOMB to T.Y. Hilton on 3rd and 30!!!! Slay must be embarrassed to show his face right about now!! :roll:

yeah but you eat a plate of deeks 

2 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

yeah but you eat a plate of deeks 

At least we aren’t using their cause about the backup like they did. Lol. That was their excuse all year. They beat ours and we are cool with it. That what we do. 

Almost.  On the road against a good team with our back up QB.  Will keep us humble and focused.  Life is good in Eagle land.  Hopefully the New Year will bring us more presents.  Peace.

8 hours ago, Talkingbirds said:

After a night to reflect on game, I still think we gave this game to Dallas.  Thought for sure we’d score on last drive.  Don’t know how many times I was screaming at Minshew to throw the ball away.  Give him credit, he was being chased in the backfield and got rid of it and not taking a sack.

We turned it over 4 times and somehow failed to stop a 3rd and 30 … of course we gave it away.

7 hours ago, EaglezMike said:

Yeah. I imagine if Dallas was really dangerous that’s a 30 point loss. 

It’s a rival game. Eagles didn’t even beat Cooper Rush by 30. You aren’t seeing a 30 point loss in this division. You 

2 hours ago, RICWOOFLAIR said:

It’s a rival game. Eagles didn’t even beat Cooper Rush by 30. You aren’t seeing a 30 point loss in this division. You 

The you don't blow out a division opponent is a tired talking point and is not true

Despite everything and I’m not trying to harp too much on Minshew, but just on those last two plays alone (and all the other noises stayed the same) if Jalen was on the field at that moment we score instead of a throw away pass and a Hail Mary to nobody. 

The rational side of me is, we lost in a game that wasn't that important in the big picture.  We kept it close, to having should have won with 4 turnovers and a back up QB.  The emotional side of me is like what the motherf'ing f'ing fack!!  I do not like how this team is trending, I do not like the game plans the coaches have been using, especially our Forrest Gump of a defensive coordinator!  Key injuries keep happening (and if we lose Lane, there goes the season).  The positive side of me says, go crush New Orleans, go rest and get healthy.  The negative side of me is wondering if they choke away the division, the #1 seed and go one and done in the playoffs.  Someone get me a Xanax!!

On 12/25/2022 at 8:55 AM, psychodog said:

You would think so, right?  Meanwhile, I'm seeing SO many Cowboys fans on social media acting like this was their Super Bowl win...although, I suppose this is probably the closest they'll get to it.  🙂

This was their Superbowl. The fans are celebrating but on the inside they know lol They played in desperation... going for it on fourth and long. Throwing it up for grabs on 3rd and 30. They will be lucky to win a playoff game IMO. Let me rephrase any sensible Dallas fan is not feeling good about this win. I'm convinced that if Maddox hadn't gone down Dallas would be sitting on an L right now. They have shown their hand in desperation to get that win.

When we were watching this game & the cows converted that obnoxious 3rd down &forever… one of my buddies made a comment of: 

"that’s it, that’s Dallass equivalent of 2017 Eagles version of Jake Elliott hitting that 61-yarder vs giants to propel Eagles to their magical season!”  I just told him, their the Cowpukes, they have no magic whatsoever in that horrible franchise!  This is our year & we will have another Lombardi to our season! 🦅

Exactly.  We put 34 on them with a backup QB while turning the ball over 4 times.

I filed a missing persons report with the Dallas police for Micha Parsons.

21 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

The you don't blow out a division opponent is a tired talking point and is not true

Didn't Dallas blow us out last year with a 50 burger?

So I finally got to see the game, my takeaway was that both QBs played out of their minds. 

If Dak doesn't make that perfect throw, they don't get the 3rd and 30. 

Minshew was throwing perfect darts all over the place even with no running game and Cowboys in his face all game.

I don't have any concern about this offense, even with Minshew. The guy is a straight out baller.  

People griped about the defense, but I see that they also held Dallas to 2 FGs TWICE in the last 3 minutes after 2 TOs. Most teams would have gave up at that point but this D played hard all the way to the end.

9 out 10 times we win that game. What are the chances you turn the ball over twice in a row in the last 3 mins of a game?

2 hours ago, judunno said:

Something like that, divisional blow outs happen all the time , in fact I remember an Eagles Giants game recently that was a blowout

16 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Something like that, divisional blow outs happen all the time , in fact I remember an Eagles Giants game recently that was a blowout

I think a Hurts led offense puts up 50 easy on this Dallas defense. They look worn down especially Parsons.

On 12/25/2022 at 8:28 PM, Joe Shades 73 said:

When is the last time the Eagles beat a NFC East rival by 30 points? 

4 hours ago, judunno said:

Did the Eagles not rest their starters that game? 

1 hour ago, RICWOOFLAIR said:

When is the last time the Eagles beat a NFC East rival by 30 points? 

26 is not good enough?

Minshew hasn't played in a year. Foles had a worse outing but doesn't have a Cadillac team.

Archived