Damar Hamlin

Procus

What a blow.  Keeps everything in perspective.  Praying that this kid pulls through.

• Like 3

Crazy and very sad!  Reports are he’s been intubated and in critical condition.  When it first happened I thought it might have been an aortic year or something like what happens to little league players that get hit with a ball and it stops their heart.  We’ll have to wait to see what the actual medical report is.  

Prayers from me as well. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. This is the type of thing we always fear will happen, football is a rough sport.:sad: 

That is horrible. My thoughts and prayers are with him, his family and everyone who is close to him. 

Latest I read is his vitals are good and he's in stable condition.  Great news.

Controversies unfolding already:

Dhead Skip Bayless tweeting that the game is too important not to be postponed.  He is rightfully being skewered in social media.

Posts from people questioning whether the vax contributed to this - and others going ballistic at the mere suggestion that the vax could be the cause.

The Bills confirmed Hamilin suffered cardiac arrest on the field. It will likely be some time before we know his full prognosis. Right now the concern is supportive care to keep him stable. Prayers.

It was the craziest scene I can recall. Hamlin made the tackle, got up as if to lineup for the next play, then he collapsed.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Procus said:

Posts from people questioning whether the vax contributed to this - and others going ballistic at the mere suggestion that the vax could be the cause.

That's stupid. If it was commotio cordis, as is being commonly reported, his vax status doesn't matter. This condition has happened before (pre-Covid) at other levels of football (college and high school); and in other sports, like baseball.

Skip Bayless is a clown.

31 minutes ago, Procus said:

Posts from people questioning whether the vax contributed to this 

People are morons

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

People are morons

There may still be hope for you.  An intelligent person would say that he or she does not know what the cause is.  A moron would automatically rule out a particular cause without knowing and start randomly attacking people because they raise an issue that has not been resolved.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, toolg said:

That's stupid. If it was commotio cordis, as is being commonly reported, his vax status doesn't matter. This condition has happened before (pre-Covid) at other levels of football (college and high school); and in other sports, like baseball.

Skip Bayless is a clown.

As to Skip Bayless, 100%

As to commotio cordis, it is being speculated as a cause as are the vaccines.  We just don't have enough information yet, and we may never get all the information with medical privacy laws.

11 minutes ago, Procus said:

As to commotio cordis, it is being speculated as a cause as are the vaccines.  We just don't have enough information yet, and we may never get all the information with medical privacy laws.

There is no reason to speculate a vaccine, or anything to do with Covid, caused this. As I have stated, this condition has happened to athletes before covid even existed. Anyone pushing any vax conspiracy at this time has an agenda.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, toolg said:

There is no reason to speculate a vaccine, or anything to do with Covid, caused this. As I have stated, this condition has happened to athletes before covid even existed. Anyone pushing any vax conspiracy at this time has an agenda.

There is good reason to SPECULATE given the extent of myocarditis associated with the vaccine and younger people - that's why it's speculation and not a definitive statement.  What is abhorrent is people discounting a possible cause without sufficient information.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Procus said:

What is abhorrent is people discounting a possible cause without sufficient information.

That's the world we live in now. You are either 100% wrong or 100% right.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Procus said:

There is good reason to SPECULATE given the extent of myocarditis associated with the vaccine and younger people - that's why it's speculation and not a definitive statement.  What is abhorrent is people discounting a possible cause without sufficient information.

I do not need to know the cause of Hamlin's condition to discount a vaccine from the list of reasons. A prior vaccine does not cause people to suddenly suffer cardiac arrest. There is no reason to speculate this. Just trying to save yourself from your own stupidity.

Does myocarditis put you at risk for suffering sudden cardiac arrest? Sure it can. There could be any of a million factors to cause Hamlin to have a prior undiagnosed heart condition. A prior Covid infection would put him at far greater risk. It could be something hereditary unknown before. If there is a prior heart condition, it is likely due to several factors. There is no need to even start to speculate any vaccination. Not at this time. You are pushing an agenda. Stop it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Procus said:

There may still be hope for you.  An intelligent person would say that he or she does not know what the cause is.  A moron would automatically rule out a particular cause without knowing and start randomly attacking people because they raise an issue that has not been resolved.

Talk to anyone in the medical profession, or better yet talk to a cardiologist. They know what it is. It's not the vaccine you dolt. 

• Thanks 3

55 minutes ago, toolg said:

bingo-tarantino.gif

12 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Talk to anyone in the medical profession, or better yet talk to a cardiologist. They know what it is. It's not the vaccine you dolt. 

I have, and they don't know.  None of us has access to his medical information, so I don't know.  You don't know either, so stop pretending like you do.

16 minutes ago, toolg said:

I do not need to know the cause of Hamlin's condition to discount a vaccine from the list of reasons. A prior vaccine does not cause people to suddenly suffer cardiac arrest. There is no reason to speculate this. Just trying to save yourself from your own stupidity.

Does myocarditis put you at risk for suffering sudden cardiac arrest? Sure it can. There could be any of a million factors to cause Hamlin to have a prior undiagnosed heart condition. A prior Covid infection would put him at far greater risk. It could be something hereditary unknown before. If there is a prior heart condition, it is likely due to several factors. There is no need to even start to speculate any vaccination. Not at this time. You are pushing an agenda. Stop it.

I certainly hope it wasn't a vaccine, because that would be terrible since so many people were vaccinated.  But truth be told, we just don't know regardless of how you choose to present this.

I've been watching NFL football for over 50 years, and it's the first time I saw a player outright collapse on the field like this.

16 minutes ago, Procus said:

I certainly hope it wasn't a vaccine, because that would be terrible since so many people were vaccinated.  But truth be told, we just don't know regardless of how you choose to present this.

I've been watching NFL football for over 50 years, and it's the first time I saw a player outright collapse on the field like this.

Nobody has seen anything like this in a NFL game. That is why it is reckless to throw around baseless theories.

Last I saw, it  looks like he's at least out of danger? Still in serious condition, of course but alive and getting great care and attention.

That is the most important thing of all, of course. But, the flip side is that there's still an NFL season going on and this game has bigtime implications for the post season. So it's not like they can just call it a draw, no harm, no foul

We're already at Tuesday, unless they're going to play tonight, they're really cutting into prep time for next week. So what does the league do that keeps it fair for all teams (if they decide to cancel the game entirely). Void the entire week for the entire league? Re-schedule the game and bump all other games back a week?

How can the league do this, from a strictly football sense?

6 minutes ago, toolg said:

Nobody has seen anything like this in a NFL game. That is why it is reckless to throw around baseless theories.

Who are you to say whether it's baseless or not.  One thing is for sure, if somebody speculated that it was Commotio Cardis you wouldn't be attacking them.  The honest response is to say you don't know and keep an open mind about everything.

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Last I saw, it  looks like he's at least out of danger? Still in serious condition, of course but alive and getting great care and attention.

That is the most important thing of all, of course. But, the flip side is that there's still an NFL season going on and this game has bigtime implications for the post season. So it's not like they can just call it a draw, no harm, no foul

We're already at Tuesday, unless they're going to play tonight, they're really cutting into prep time for next week. So what does the league do that keeps it fair for all teams (if they decide to cancel the game entirely). Void the entire week for the entire league? Re-schedule the game and bump all other games back a week?

How can the league do this, from a strictly football sense?

1.  If the results of Sunday's games wind up so that this game would not affect the standings, problem resolved.

2.  Otherwise, NFL can either mark the game as not played, as suspended with the final score being 7-3, or as being a draw.  There are options short of playing out the remainder of the game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Procus said:

Who are you to say whether it's baseless or not.  

I know enough to tell you are a buffoon. So stop the nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Procus said:

1.  If the results of Sunday's games wind up so that this game would not affect the standings, problem resolved.

2.  Otherwise, NFL can either mark the game as not played, as suspended with the final score being 7-3, or as being a draw.  There are options short of playing out the remainder of the game.

This plan makes some sense. However, NFL rules specifically state all games must be played to completion. They would have to amend their own rules on the fly. I don't even know how the Bills get prepared to play this Sunday. But maybe we know more once Hamlin's status becomes more clear after today....

Or else, do they squeeze this game in before the playoffs? Move the playoffs back one week to make up this one game? We are in some unchartered territory here.

1 hour ago, toolg said:

There is very good reason to speculate the vaxx as being the reason, myocarditis is very real with this vaxx and young  athletes all over the world are dropping on the field of heart failure..just yesterday Uchechukwu Nwaneri, a former lineman for the Jags died of a heart attack at 38y/o

• Like 1