Damar Hamlin

Procus

18 minutes ago, Dutchman063 said:

There is very good reason to speculate the vaxx as being the reason, myocarditis is very real with this vaxx and young  athletes all over the world are dropping on the field of heart failure..just yesterday Uchechukwu Nwaneri, a former lineman for the Jags died of a heart attack at 38y/o

Premature heart attacks among football players is a new thing?  Reggie White anybody?

1 minute ago, dawkins4prez said:

Premature heart attacks among football players is a new thing?  Reggie White anybody?

Sleep apnea.

• Like 2

The last NFL player to die on the field, Chuck Hughes, died of a heart attack. He was 28 years old. In 1971.

28 minutes ago, Dutchman063 said:

There is very good reason to speculate the vaxx as being the reason, myocarditis is very real with this vaxx and young  athletes all over the world are dropping on the field of heart failure..just yesterday Uchechukwu Nwaneri, a former lineman for the Jags died of a heart attack at 38y/o

But why so focused on a vaccine when there are so many other factors that can contribute to heart problems? We saw a man collapse on a football field last night, recuperating today with real problems. There isn't time for this nonsense. I refuse to engage this any further.

7 minutes ago, Procus said:

Sleep apnea.

So you concede there are other factors to consider.

2 minutes ago, toolg said:

The last NFL player to die on the field, Chuck Hughes, died of a heart attack. He was 28 years old. In 1971.

But why so focused on a vaccine when there are so many other factors that can contribute to heart problems? We saw a man collapse on a football field last night, recuperating today with real problems. There isn't time for this nonsense. I refuse to engage this any further.

Are you illiterate?  I've said repeatedly that none of us know what happened and that we can't dismiss different possibilities outright.

28 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

14 minutes ago, toolg said:

There is every reason to focus on a "vaccine" that has known side effects such as myocarditis, which can cause serious heart problems in case you didnt know, and seeins that so many athletes and people in general have been falling dead recently since the jab, its more than just some silly coincidence to question it.

22 minutes ago, Dutchman063 said:

There is every reason to focus on a "vaccine" that has known side effects such as myocarditis, which can cause serious heart problems in case you didnt know, and seeins that so many athletes and people in general have been falling dead recently since the jab, its more than just some silly coincidence to question it.

Athletes have always dropped dead in the middle of strenuous exertion, all the time, at every level.  How many fit joggers die on trails, scuba divers, weight lifters etc die every damn day?   How many studies are out there about NFL players' health hazards, the CTE, the enlarged hearts, the pain killer addictions, the shortened life spans etc etc.  But hey yeah must be the jab because these things never happened before.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Athletes have always dropped dead in the middle of strenuous exertion, all the time, at every level.  How many fit joggers die on trails, scuba divers, weight lifters etc?   How many studies are out there about NFL players' health hazards, the CTE, the enlarged hearts, the pain killer addictions, the shortened life spans etc etc.  But hey yeah must be the jab because these things never happened before.

All the time?  LOL... since the jab has been known to cause myocarditis, athletes, and people in general have been killin over are a very high rate... you pro jabbers are in some serious denial... 

https://rumble.com/v1wac7i-world-premier-died-suddenly.html

44 minutes ago, Gannan said:

bingo-tarantino.gif

Ya just say bingo!

3 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Last I saw, it  looks like he's at least out of danger? Still in serious condition, of course but alive and getting great care and attention.

That is the most important thing of all, of course. But, the flip side is that there's still an NFL season going on and this game has bigtime implications for the post season. So it's not like they can just call it a draw, no harm, no foul

We're already at Tuesday, unless they're going to play tonight, they're really cutting into prep time for next week. So what does the league do that keeps it fair for all teams (if they decide to cancel the game entirely). Void the entire week for the entire league? Re-schedule the game and bump all other games back a week?

How can the league do this, from a strictly football sense?

I think he's still in critical condition unless he's been upgraded.  I don't know that he's out of the woods yet.  It remains to be seen exactly what kind of damage the cardiac arrest did.  I'm hoping that it did not impact him very much if at all.  

Can they reschedule this game?  The playoffs start in 11 days.  Bengals / Bills have a game in 5 days.  6-7 days later they will play in the first round of the playoffs.  The math doesn't work. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dutchman063 said:

All the time?  LOL... since the jab has been known to cause myocarditis, athletes, and people in general have been killin over are a very high rate... you pro jabbers are in some serious denial... 

https://rumble.com/v1wac7i-world-premier-died-suddenly.html

"Why do we never believe them? For centuries, the global elite have broadcast their intentions to depopulate the world - even to the point of carving them into stone. And yet… we never seem to believe them."

This is the intro to your video.  As long as we're at it, have we ruled out aliens?

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Ya just say bingo!

I think he's still in critical condition unless he's been upgraded.  I don't know that he's out of the woods yet.  It remains to be seen exactly what kind of damage the cardiac arrest did.  I'm hoping that it did not impact him very much if at all.  

Can they reschedule this game?  The playoffs start in 11 days.  Bengals / Bills have a game in 5 days.  6-7 days later they will play in the first round of the playoffs.  The math doesn't work. 

Looks like a Bills forfeit to me.

2 hours ago, Procus said:

I have, and they don't know.  None of us has access to his medical information, so I don't know.  You don't know either, so stop pretending like you do.

By that definition you could have caused it with your dopey ideas seeping into his brain through the tv by osmosis. After all, you can't definitively prove otherwise. I know it's difficult, but stop being a right wing ****. As others have mentioned... you have an agenda, you have a narrative, and you are trying to use a tragedy to further it. It's disgusting, and beyond low...even for you (which is really saying something). 

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

He had sleep apnea, but your point stands. Its not new. If you suffer trauma to the chest and just the right time in just the right spot, it can change or stop the rhythm of your heart. It's rare but it happens. It's happened in soccer and pro wrestling. 

27 minutes ago, Gannan said:

By that definition you could have caused it with your dopey ideas seeping into his brain through the tv by osmosis. After all, you can't definitively prove otherwise. I know it's difficult, but stop being a right wing ****. As others have mentioned... you have an agenda, you have a narrative, and you are trying to use a tragedy to further it. It's disgusting, and beyond low...even for you (which is really saying something). 

I have zero narrative.  You're the one with the narrative.  Try taking a look in the mirror before going after other people.

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Last I saw, it  looks like he's at least out of danger? Still in serious condition, of course but alive and getting great care and attention.

That is the most important thing of all, of course. But, the flip side is that there's still an NFL season going on and this game has bigtime implications for the post season. So it's not like they can just call it a draw, no harm, no foul

We're already at Tuesday, unless they're going to play tonight, they're really cutting into prep time for next week. So what does the league do that keeps it fair for all teams (if they decide to cancel the game entirely). Void the entire week for the entire league? Re-schedule the game and bump all other games back a week?

How can the league do this, from a strictly football sense?

You just cancel the game. It happens in baseball sometimes, it happened in the NBA when covid happened. Sometimes teams just end up playing an odd number of games. The Bengals and Bills will play 16 games compared to 17 for everyone else. Nobody wants to play this game. Imagine being the Bills and having to go back to Cincinnati to replay this game after what happened?

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Procus said:

I have zero narrative.  You're the one with the narrative.  Try taking a look in the mirror before going after other people.

One of us can still post in CVON, the other is banned because of his moronic narrative. I'll let that speak for itself. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, vaff said:

You just cancel the game. It happens in baseball sometimes, it happened in the NBA when covid happened. Sometimes teams just end up playing an odd number of games. The Bengals and Bills will play 16 games compared to 17 for everyone else. Nobody wants to play this game. Imagine being the Bills and having to go back to Cincinnati to replay this game after what happened?

This game impacts the top 3 seeds in the AFC.  Bills have the tie breaker over KC, so a win last night and a win next week and they are the #1 seed.

I am sure they do not want to have to go to KC in the playoffs, worked out so well for them last time.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

This game impacts the top 3 seeds in the AFC.  Bills have the tie breaker over KC, so a win last night and a win next week and they are the #1 seed.

I am sure they do not want to have to go to KC in the playoffs, worked out so well for them last time.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure they have bigger worries right now. Jesus Christ.

1 minute ago, vaff said:

Calm down buddy.  I am very sensitive to the situation, but the game needs to be finished.  There is to much at stake for all of the teams involved.

Baseball games are only not made up if they have no impact on playoff scenarios.

16 minutes ago, vaff said:

You just cancel the game. 

NFL rules state all games should be played to completion  LINK

ARTICLE 4. EMERGENCY SITUATIONS

The NFL affirms the position that in most circumstances all regular-season and postseason games should be played to their conclusion. If, in the opinion of appropriate League authorities, it is impossible to begin or continue a game due to an emergency, or a game is deemed to be imminently threatened by any such emergency (e.g., severely inclement weather, lightning, flooding, power failure), the following procedures (Articles 5 through 11) will serve as guidelines for the Commissioner and/or the duly appointed representatives.

The Commissioner ultimately has the power to terminate the game, if it does not affect the result or any competitive issue. Since Bills-Bengals was suspended in the 1st quarter, and it involves playoff seeding for multiple other teams, I'm not sure if they can determine it won't adversely affect competition.

15 minutes ago, vaff said:

They already announced they aren't playing the game this week. No worry about that.

24 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Calm down buddy.  I am very sensitive to the situation, but the game needs to be finished.  There is to much at stake for all of the teams involved.

Baseball games are only not made up if they have no impact on playoff scenarios.

There’s not much that can be done, imo.

They’re not going to play the game over the next few days. That just isn’t happening for several reasons.

Only thing that I can see is pushing everything back a week and I guess moving the pro bowl to after the super bowl, and have one week between the conference championship games and the super bowl, instead of two. Because you can’t move the super bowl.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, vaff said:

You just cancel the game.  It happens in baseball sometimes, it happened in the NBA when covid happened. 

I haven't looked at the consequences that this would create, if any, but taking the health and emotional/psychological (for the team) situations and setting them to one side and ONLY looking at the unemotional football 'business' issues, how would that affect other teams and their playoff pictures? From a 'game' only stance, is it fair to just void that game for those two teams?

I don't think you can compare the NBA and MLB to the NFL though. A single NBA game is 1/82nd of a season. A single MLB game is 1/162nd of a season. A single NFL game is 1/17th of a season. One game in the NFL is "worth" a whole lot more than one game of the other leagues. 

While I was at chemo with my mother (an hour or so ago), I did read that the NFL had a plan in place for covid where they'd use winning percentages to determine seeding, but how much would that be altered when some teams play 17 games and some teams played 16? Would it work out exactly the same way or would there be enough of a difference that things could be altered negatively for one team over another? I don't know. 

I think they need to play the game, if at all possible. It's a difficult situation, if their solutions tend to be unfair to one team over another. 

Of course, the medical situation is FAR more important and that trumps all other considerations. But the football implications need to be looked at too. 

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

but how much would that be altered when some teams play 17 games and some teams played 16? Would it work out exactly the same way or would there be enough of a difference that things could be altered negatively for one team over another? I don't know. 

Right now, % would make the Chiefs the #1 seed.  The Bills would be the #1 seed if the game last night had been completed and they won.

46 minutes ago, downundermike said:

It's a difficult situation, but playing the game (at some point), solves that situation. Even if they have to delete the Super Bowl bye week and go right from the NFCCG/AFCCG to the Super Bowl a week later. Then delay the playoffs a week so that the week after the regular season ends, the Bills and Bengals play this game. 

My only other solution would be a 'selfish' one, which wouldn't be fair to teams in the league, so would never happen. Void the ENTIRE week and only 16 games count for every team. So the Saints game never happened... but like I said, that's just my 'selfish' solution (and not a serious one). 

It’s crazy that this happened in one of the most important games of the season, literally right before the playoffs.

3BB6509E-39B5-48FD-852D-85ACBDFCFED4.jpeg

• Like 1

I've been talking about the football implications, but one thing with the health implications that I don't know is how long was he without blood flow/oxygen to his brain? A nurse at my mother's chemo session said 9 minutes. Is that true? If it was more than a short period of time, there could potentially be some brain damage.