Damar Hamlin

Procus

On 1/3/2023 at 12:04 PM, Procus said:

I certainly hope it wasn't a vaccine, because that would be terrible since so many people were vaccinated.  But truth be told, we just don't know regardless of how you choose to present this.

I've been watching NFL football for over 50 years, and it's the first time I saw a player outright collapse on the field like this.

22 minutes ago, Phillyterp85 said:

Around 150 soccer players worldwide suffer cardiac arrest and die every year.

Around 15-20 high school athletes in the US suffer commotio cordis and die every year. 

Chuck Hughes of the Detroit Lions had a heart attack during a game and died on the field in 1971.

Gaines Adams of the Chicago Bears died of cardiac arrest at 26 at his home one sunday morning.

It's rare, but it unfortunately happens.

And let’s not ignore the fact that more people have died from myocarditis related issues as a result of the virus itself than the vaccines.  This right wing false narrative about myocarditis is ridiculous.  Most of these maga morons didn’t even know what it was until some qAtard mentioned it on a podcast from mommy’s basement.  And the instances we’ve seen these athletes collapse and die from it aren’t related to a direct hit to the chest.  This was a fluke.  The exact timing of the electrical cycle that you have to hit the heart In order for this to happen is about 4 milliseconds.  We’ve seen little leaguers die from this exact thing.  It happened in my little league actually way back before AEDs could save a life.  Stupid that anyone would even speculate that it was a vaccine related event.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DBW said:

And let’s not ignore the fact that more people have died from myocarditis related issues as a result of the virus itself than the vaccines.  This right wing false narrative about myocarditis is ridiculous.  Most of these maga morons didn’t even know what it was until some qAtard mentioned it on a podcast from mommy’s basement.  And the instances we’ve seen these athletes collapse and die from it aren’t related to a direct hit to the chest.  This was a fluke.  The exact timing of the electrical cycle that you have to hit the heart In order for this to happen is about 4 milliseconds.  We’ve seen little leaguers die from this exact thing.  It happened in my little league actually way back before AEDs could save a life.  Stupid that anyone would even speculate that it was a vaccine related event.  

Same thing happened to Chris Pronger in 1998.  Not only does the vaccine kill, it has a Time Machine.

This is probably the most appropriate outcome at this stage - not a perfect outcome - but the best one.  It lets the league save face and doesn't muck with the entire playoff schedule the way SAS suggested.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/04/momentum-builds-for-cancelation-of-bills-bengals-game/

Momentum builds for cancellation of Bills-Bengals game

3 hours ago, Phillyterp85 said:

Bravo to the medics at the game who responded so quickly and efficiently.  Their quick actions gave him a fighting chance to live.  Every second counts in situations like that.  

I wasn’t watching live, and I only saw the replay a couple of times. But from what I saw it seemed like the players on the field were quick to react as well. When someone goes down like that, players don’t mess around wondering if they’re okay, they immediately get the attention of the paramedics.

On 1/3/2023 at 12:04 PM, Procus said:

I certainly hope it wasn't a vaccine, because that would be terrible since so many people were vaccinated.  But truth be told, we just don't know regardless of how you choose to present this.

I've been watching NFL football for over 50 years, and it's the first time I saw a player outright collapse on the field like this.

Me too.  I am in my 58th season and have never missed a Sunday in all those years.  Read where there has been something like 1.7 million hits in the history of the NFL.  I've never seen this happen before but young athletes and people all over the world have been dropping dead like this the past 18 months.  

• Like 1

On 1/3/2023 at 1:58 PM, Dutchman063 said:

All the time?  LOL... since the jab has been known to cause myocarditis, athletes, and people in general have been killin over are a very high rate... you pro jabbers are in some serious denial... 

https://rumble.com/v1wac7i-world-premier-died-suddenly.html

Exactly right.  Card carrying Dems are not going to objectively look at this.  Their whole rationale in life would unravel so denial will remain indefinitely.  The fact is since the boosters introduced athletes and young fit people all over the world are collapsing during exercise and many dropping dead instantly.  The jab attacks the heart.  So much so that the drug companies are now marketing a new jab to counter this.  Insurance companies are reporting huge losses in their life insurance divisions. Funeral homes are reporting record profits with a surge in sudden young deaths. You have to read alternative news sites as the main stream media is in cahoots with social media companies and the three letter agencies to shut off all flow of real news.  The level of brain washing is really remarkable.  I don't talk to any Dems about this and other topics as they can't handle anything that disrupts the notions that have been programmed into their brains throughout the day every day by the fake news they rabidly consume.  In the end the truth will come out.  I just pray my kids who have been programmed by the leftist educational system in this county aren't victims themselves.  No need to mention any of this to the leftists.  They can't process it might be happening.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Damar Hamlin shows 'remarkable improvement,' remains in critical condition

Damar Hamlin shows 'remarkable improvement,' remains in critical condition

Buffalo Bills cornerback Damar Hamlin has shown "remarkable improvement" over the past 24 hours, the team said, as he continues his recovery after collapsing on the field during Monday's game.

The Bills released an update on Hamlin's status Thursday morning, noting that he remains critically ill but appears to be neurologically intact.

"Per the physicians caring for Damar Hamlin at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Damar has shown remarkable improvement over the past 24 hours. While still critically ill, he has demonstrated that he appears to be neurologically intact. His lungs continue to heal and he is making steady progress," the team said. "We are grateful for the love and support we have received."

Hamlin's agency also released a statement describing the "substantial improvement" that the cornerback made overnight.

CPR was administered to Hamlin, 24, on the field Monday night for multiple minutes after he collapsed following his tackle of Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Tee Higgins. Hamlin received oxygen, according to the ESPN broadcast, as he was placed in the ambulance and taken off the field some 16 minutes after he collapsed. He then was driven to the hospital, where he has remained.

Hamlin's father, Mario, addressed the Bills in a Zoom call Wednesday to offer an update on his son, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter. Mario Hamlin informed the Bills that Damar Hamlin was making progress and, in the words of one source, "the team needed it."

The NFL announced Tuesday that the Bills-Bengals game will not resume this week, and the league is undecided on playing the game at a later date. The NFL has not made any changes to the Week 18 regular-season schedule.

:thumbsup: 

• Like 2

https://sports.yahoo.com/damar-hamlin-updates-buffalo-bills-113327600.html

Hamlin opened his eyes and can grip the hands of those close to him, two people with knowledge of the situation told USA TODAY Sports' Tyler Dragon. The people requested anonymity because they are not authorized to speak publicly about Hamlin's health.

"Damar has made substantial improvement overnight,” the agency that represents Hamlin, Agency 1 Sports, posted on Twitter. "We are so thankful for all the first responders, doctors, and hospital staff and every one who played a role in this process."

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Oh man, those are both amazing stories!  Fantastic news!  Keep fighting Damar!

Yeah, which tells me they are slowly bringing him out of the drug induced coma and weening him off the ventilator. Both are great news. If he can remain awake and breath on his own that would be huge step in his recovery. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Procus said:

You have to be a very strange person to be eliminating possible causes in your mind for political reasons.  An honest approach is to say that there is not enough information to determine or exclude possible causes.  

Oooooor I am surrounded by medical experts every day who discuss this, while you click through the internet reading posts from other lunatics to confirm what you want to believe. 

17 hours ago, downundermike said:

https://www.footballzebras.com/2023/01/how-does-the-nfl-handle-a-suspended-game/

The policies do outline a few things the commissioner cannot do. He cannot unilaterally declare a forfeit, and he essentially lacks any authority to do so except in a very limited circumstance of a team refusing to take the field. This game in particular cannot be terminated early — in other words, declaring a 7-3 Bengals win — because games may only be terminated if "it is reasonable to project that its resumption (a) would not change its ultimate result or (b) would not adversely affect any other inter-team competitive issue.” The playoff seedings are definitely affected by the outcome of this game. Similarly, the commissioner cannot outright cancel the game — nullify everything from the game and have it uncontested — except as a last resort. Some have also suggested that the game be declared a tie. There is no provision for the commissioner to do so, and the half-win in the standings also presents the "inter-team competitive issue” that the league would avoid.

So they are going to have to play this at some point?

1 minute ago, Gannan said:

They would need sign off by both teams to forfeit the game as I understand it.

Seems to me they can eliminate one of the two weeks between the SB and the Championship game. 

Push back the AFC playoffs a week and have the Bills Bengals game resumed during the NFC Wild Card Week. 

16 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Oooooor I am surrounded by medical experts every day who discuss this, while you click through the internet reading posts from other lunatics to confirm what you want to believe. 

People who believe it's the Vaccine are no different than people who believe in Flat Earth or that we never landed on the moon. Lunatics. 

• Like 3

Also, just as an FYI:
The National Center for Catastrophic Sports Injury publishes data on injuries and death in American sports from middleschool through college. They have detailed breakdowns on football.

In 2021, there were 8 cardiac deaths during football activities, plus another 3 cardiac deaths outside of football activities. nccsir.unc.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/5614/2022/05/Annual-Football-2021-Fatalities-FINAL-public-1.pdf

In 2020, there was 1 cardiac death during football activities, plus another 2 cardiac deaths outside of football activities (note, many schools shortened or cancelled football season during 2020, so deaths overall were down in 2020). nccsir.unc.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/5614/2022/05/Annual-Football-2020-Fatalities-FINAL-public.pdf

In 2019, there were 11 cardiac deaths during football activities, plus 1 cardiac death outside of football. nccsir.unc.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/5614/2022/05/Annual-Football-2019-Fatalities-FINAL-updated-public.pdf

In 2018, there 4 cardiac deaths during football activities, plus another 5 cardiac deaths outside of football. nccsir.unc.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/5614/2022/05/Annual-Football-2018-Fatalities-FINAL-public.pdf

So the notion that there have been an increase in cardiac deaths in football since the vaccines came out is actually not true.  There were more cardiac deaths in 2019 than there were in 2021.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jsdarkstar said:

People who believe it's the Vaccine are no different than people who believe in Flat Earth or that we never landed on the moon. Lunatics. 

There is a difference in "believing" it was the vaccine as opposed to not automatically ruling out the vaccine as a potential cause.  Those who out of hand rule out the vaccine are no different than people who believe in Flat Earth or that we never landed on the moon.  Lunatics.

2 hours ago, Gannan said:

Hey genius, there are experts on both sides of this.  Go to court where experts testify for different sides.  Their viewpoints are as divergent as could be.

You have to be an idiot to take a side on this.  None of us know squat about what's going on vis a vis the cause.

2 hours ago, Gannan said:

Not necessarily.  PFT, for whatever that's worth, put out a story today that momentum is gaining for a no-contest.  Apparently there were similar plans in place for 2020 that never materialized.

44 minutes ago, Procus said:

Hey genius, there are experts on both sides of this.  Go to court where experts testify for different sides.  Their viewpoints are as divergent as could be.

You have to be an idiot to take a side on this.  None of us know squat about what's going on vis a vis the cause.

And who are the experts saying this is caused by the vaccine? 

there has been "substantial improvement in his condition over the past 24 hours." His "neurological condition and function is intact" and he's "beginning to awaken." He's opened his eyes and has been moving his hands and feet.

The physicians also said that Hamlin has been responsive to questions and commands, and has even been asking questions of his own. He’s still intubated and on a ventilator, so he hasn’t been able to speak, but he’s been writing questions with a pen and paper. One of the first things Hamlin wanted to know? Who won Monday night's game.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

And who are the experts saying this is caused by the vaccine? 

I don't know of any reputable experts that concluded it was CAUSED by the vaccine.  There are quite a few who say it should be looked into.