Jalen Hurts discussion (Part 2) - see new topic for contract extension

VaBeach_Eagle

3 minutes ago, justwinbaby said:

Good to know. I'll remember that.

Are you going to address either post, or just remember that .................

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, justwinbaby said:

Makes sense. I'm sure if they were Eagles she would say the same things. oh wait no she wouldn't because it wouldn't fit her narrative.

Why would you choose to compare Hurts with Burrow and Herbert? 

Hurts may very well end up being the reason we have gotten to this point and the reason we end up getting bounced early. 

6 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Because they’re young and good qbs? 

Just now, TorontoEagle said:

Same reason you don't seem to care about the QBs that get injured just as often if not more so in the pocket. It doesn't fit your narrative. I have told you specifically how concerning it is if Hurts continues to run 17 times a game or if the coaches call designed runs when they could just as easily run the ball with Sanders. I don't have the same long term concerns as you about Hurts' longevity. That's your purgative and it is mine. The difference is that you seem to try and shove yours down people's throats that don't agree with you. 

2 minutes ago, justwinbaby said:

Same reason you don't seem to care about the QBs that get injured just as often if not more so in the pocket.

I don't know why I have to keep telling that this is false.

You are more than twice as likely to get hurt outside of the pocket.

image.png.1d2b742bfc92ad92897af909454ffec1.png

3 minutes ago, justwinbaby said:

Same reason you don't seem to care about the QBs that get injured just as often if not more so in the pocket. It doesn't fit your narrative. I have told you specifically how concerning it is if Hurts continues to run 17 times a game or if the coaches call designed runs when they could just as easily run the ball with Sanders. I don't have the same long term concerns as you about Hurts' longevity. That's your purgative and it is mine. The difference is that you seem to try and shove yours down people's throats that don't agree with you. 

13 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Yes, context matters.  And the context is those guys have started 37 and 49 consecutive games.

How many consecutive games have Hurts, Lamar, Murray, Fields and Lance started ??

Well maybe it would help if you acknowledged facts instead of this made up narrative

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

Well maybe it would help if you acknowledged facts instead of this made up narrative

I did see someone prove you wrong about Hurts' injury last year and how that even happened. Did they not? Did you address that or just ignore it?

3 minutes ago, The Holy Vagabond said:

Because they’re young and good qbs? 

We were discussing Hurts being injured both years he has been the full time starter.

Burrow tore his ACL his rookie year and has played two straight seasons after without missing a game.

Herbert has never missed start.

So again I ask, why would those two be brought up in the context of injured QBs? 

Just now, justwinbaby said:

I did see someone prove you wrong about Hurts' injury last year and how that even happened. Did they not? Did you address that or just ignore it?

Keep reading sweetheart, I did address it.

And what does it really matter "how” it happened? Fact is he missed games, he was limited in the playoff game because of it and needed surgery after the season to fix it.

38 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Elite QB running it or an elite running QB? Outside of his completion percentage, the rest of the numbers aren't elite.  The entire offense is based around that style and minshew is the opposite so not shocked he failed against a competent defense when the scheme doesn't fit.  I'd actually pay Hurts, but I'd have plenty of bail outs 

Numbers are often deceiving ... it's not like this team was in many shootouts which is where "numbers" are often inflated. Same with playing from behind in games where teams trade yardage and even scores for clock. It's actually the opposite with Hurts; how many times did we shut down any passing in the 4th quarter because the game was pretty much in hand?

35 TDs, 4475 yrds, 68.3 completion %

25 TDs, 4739 yrds, 68.2 completion %

22 TDs, 3701 yrds, 66.5 completion %

The one with the worst stats has also missed the most games in the last 2 years, and also has far better talent top to bottom from Oline, WR, RB, TE

Jalen is only elite when he can mix in his large amount of runs. He needs to improve passing the ball. His play style will be the death of him and the team.

13 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

The only way Jalen is elite is if hes a major threat at running the ball. We saw against the Giants backups that he isnt elite if he doesnt run. He and the coaches need to change that about his game before giving him $40+ million a year because hes going to miss games every year if he continues to run so much. 

So you want a qb that has a greater chance of staying healthy but at the cost of only producing average numbers? What good does that do you? 

Are you winning a title that way? 

Just now, TorontoEagle said:

Keep reading sweetheart, I did address it.

And what does it really matter "how” it happened? Fact is he missed games, he was limited in the playoff game because of it and needed surgery after the season to fix it.

ohh it only matters because he has the ability to run. Doesn't matter if he gets injured running or not. Makes sense... 

Just now, jsb235 said:

So you want a qb that has a greater chance of staying healthy but at the cost of only producing average numbers? What good does that do you? 

Are you winning a title that way? 

So you are admitting that Jalen is only average if he cant run lol 

1 minute ago, UndyTaker said:

His play style will be the death of him and the team.

Or they win a Super Bowl. Not a bad risk to take imo. 

1 minute ago, justwinbaby said:

ohh it only matters because he has the ability to run. Doesn't matter if he gets injured running or not. Makes sense... 

The pocket isn’t some magical place that prevents injuries. Of course you can get hurt in the pocket.

When you add in the number of times he runs, it adds to the likelihood he will get injured exponentially.

2 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

The chances of that happening this year are diminishing, because Hurts is not 100%

1 minute ago, jsb235 said:

I hope he has 3 games left in him this year to get us there. But after this year, these concerns will be front and centre

Just now, jsb235 said:

Well hurt Jalen has to scratch and claw to get a win vs a Giants team with backups in. We'll see how he does in the playoffs but he has a lot to prove.

15 minutes ago, justwinbaby said:

It’s just fake worry. The goalposts have been moved so often this season, we’d all have a million dollars based off each time they dreamt up another bs narrative for a dollar.. 

they never thought in their wildest most inaccurate dreams that hurts would be this good and that they would so INCREDIBLY WRONG. So they make up new fake things to worry about to try to save face. 

"oh! But can he be consistent all year?”

”can his completion percentage improve?”

"How about vs tough defenses?”

”he’s only beat teams with bad records!”

”can he win in a shootout tho?”

it’s so fraudulent and transparent. 

2 minutes ago, The Holy Vagabond said:

it’s so fraudulent and transparent. 

Are you aware that today Jalen said he is hurting and it is lucky that they have a bye week ??

4 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

The pocket isn’t some magical place that prevents injuries. Of course you can get hurt in the pocket.

When you add in the number of times he runs, it adds to the likelihood he will get injured exponentially.

So why do you keep bringing up last years injury as a way to prove your narrative if he didn't even get injured while running?? It's tiresome. 

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The chances of that happening this year are diminishing, because Hurts is not 100%

Yup, but we will have the next five years of a Super Bowl window once he signs his extension. Newton went to the Super Bowl in his fifth season as a starter. Hurts is only in his second season as a starter, so worst case scenario we have three years left of elite qb play.

Has anyone mentioned why the coaches and Hurts were so hush hush about his injury prior to the Giants game, but ever since then they have been over the top about it? Seems odd.

Archived