Jalen Hurts discussion (Part 2) - see new topic for contract extension

VaBeach_Eagle

42 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Hurts is clearly better than Minshew and is a top 10 potentially top 5 QB in this league. Let's hope he is healthy in two weeks.

But having said that I do think there has been an overreaction to Minshew, particularly by some Philly journalists.  He played well enough to win against Dallas. He was poor against the Saints, but they have a legitimately good D.

Minshew is a borderline starter/very good back-up in this league. My opinion hasn't changed. 

The backup QB has historically been the favorite son of Philadelphia. The city just wasn’t prepared to be let down like that. 

BookEra

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

The backup QB has historically been the favorite son of Philadelphia. The city just wasn’t prepared to be let down like that. 

BookEra

Right. It would be interesting to work out the win percentage of our back up QBs over the past 20 or so years. I reckon it would be pretty high! Going back to when Detmer and AJ won 5 games (2002?)

13 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Right. It would be interesting to work out the win percentage of our back up QBs over the past 20 or so years. I reckon it would be pretty high! Going back to when Detmer and AJ won 5 games (2002?)

Even Mcnabb himself relieving Dougie P. We still sucked but it was a memorable time

18 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Hurts is clearly better than Minshew and is a top 10 potentially top 5 QB in this league. Let's hope he is healthy in two weeks.

But having said that I do think there has been an overreaction to Minshew, particularly by some Philly journalists.  He played well enough to win against Dallas. He was poor against the Saints, but they have a legitimately good D.

Minshew is a borderline starter/very good back-up in this league. My opinion hasn't changed. 

Mishew just didn’t get it done so he’s been a letdown for me. We got more out of AJ Feeley as a rookie than what we got from the guy who thinks he deserves to be the starter of this team. He wasn’t good enough against the Cowboys and he didn’t protect the football. We lost a game he should have won and I’m not trying to hear a good defense beat him with the Saints. The Saints are a seven win football team who just lost to Carolina. There isn’t any excuse considering his defense gave up 13.

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Mishew just didn’t get it done so he’s been a letdown for me. We got mor out of AJ Feeley as a rookie than what we got from the guy who thinks he deserves to be the starter of this team. He wasn’t good enough against the Cowboys and he didn’t protect the football. We lost a game he should have won and I’m not trying to hear a good defense beat him with the Saints. The Saints are a seven win football team who just lost to Carolina. There isn’t any excuse considering his defense gave up 13.

Sam Darold beat the Saints, in New Orleans, with 75 yards of total offense.  

How did that happen ??  The Panthers ran the f’ing ball.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Screenshot_20230109_223200.jpg

To much cussing and also he only plans on 1 super bowl? Loser mentality 

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

To much cussing and also he only plans on 1 super bowl? Loser mentality 

TATE hot take: "Hurts talks too much s***."

18 hours ago, jsb235 said:

I believe that Jalen Hurts is eligible to receive an extension starting today.

Jalen's agents:

Show-Me-the-Money-gif.gif

15 hours ago, downundermike said:

I always thought that was weird.  Being right handed, I would think you would lead with your left shoulder

If you're right handed, you're most likely right footed as well.  That makes your left foot your plant foot and the one you push off with, which will naturally put the right side of your body forward.

21 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I don't feel good about the playoffs with Hurts still dealing with the shoulder injury 

What makes you feel he's still dealing with it enough to be concerned after another bye week?

21 hours ago, Parrot Head said:

Hurts will be 5 weeks removed from the injury when they play again.

There should be no reason to hold him back at that point.

Yeah I don't get the concern especially when he looked perfectly fine Sunday. Apparently Steichen didn't see a problem with it either being he had him dropping back to pass at least 45 times. 

7 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

Yeah I don't get the concern especially when he looked perfectly fine Sunday. Apparently Steichen didn't see a problem with it either being he had him dropping back to pass at least 45 times. 

Throwing won't be the issue, getting hit and making it worse is the issue.

6 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

I think that was done to get him real game reps due to the time off, plus the 2 weeks off until our playoff game. He probably wanted to knock off as much rust as possible.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Throwing won't be the issue, getting hit and making it worse is the issue.

We play again in 12 days which will be 5 weeks removed from injury? Again, the coaches didn't feel concerned calling at least 40-45 passing plays putting him at risk when up double digits up most of the game until the last minute. Some of you guys just love to be concerned for no good reason. 

1 minute ago, Heavywchamp said:

We play again in 12 days which will be 5 weeks removed from injury? Again, the coaches didn't feel concerned calling at least 40-45 passing plays putting him at risk when up double digits up most of the game until the last minute. Some of you guys just love to be concerned for no good reason. 

Similarly to how some of us were/are concerned with how much punishment he takes from running as much as he does, yeah?

12 minutes ago, MF POON said:

I think that was done to get him real game reps due to the time off, plus the 2 weeks off until our playoff game. He probably wanted to knock off as much rust as possible.

That's what I'm thinking. He probably could have or should have played against the Saints. I understand why they held him out tho because they felt Minshew could get it done after an ok game against Dallas. 

8 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

Siriani said he was in quite a bit of pain after the game.

2 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Similarly to how some of us were/are concerned with how much punishment he takes from running as much as he does, yeah?

You might as well be concerned for him taking sacks then too. Hurts rarely takes big hits and that injury could've happened inside the pocket as well seeing the way he was tackled with the defender landing on top of him

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Siriani said he was in quite a bit of pain after the game.

He also said that there was no more risk of further injury. Who knows if he's full of crap or not. Fact is Hurts needed to play otherwise Minshew would've lost the 3rd game in row and #1 seed. We'd be playing the Giants again this week 

9 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

You might as well be concerned for him taking sacks then too. Hurts rarely takes big hits and that injury could've happened inside the pocket as well seeing the way he was tackled with the defender landing on top of him

Hurts was the 9th most sacked QB this year, and had the most QB rushing attempts.  It is the accumulation of hits that is the issue.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Hurts was the 9th most sacked QB this year, and had the most QB rushing attempts.  It is the accumulation of hits that is the issue.

I'm not worried at all. Would you rather have played Minshew and lose the game?

2 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

I'm not worried at all. Would you rather have played Minshew and lose the game?

I would have rather the coaching staff had run the ball a week ago and beat the Saints.

Sam Darnold beat them in New Orleans on Sunday, and had 75 yards of total offense.

41 carries for 171 yards, just like the Eagles should have done.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I would have rather the coaching staff had run the ball a week ago and beat the Saints.

Sam Darnold beat them in New Orleans on Sunday, and had 75 yards of total offense.

Yeah no argument from me on that. You could also say it about this week as well because the Eagles only had about 25 real rushing attempts even though they were up double digits most of the game. 

19 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Agreed.  If they had run the ball against the Bears, the injury very well would have never happened. 

Archived