GDT: New York Giants @ Philadelphia Eagles, 1-8-23, 4:25PM EST

EagleJoe8

1 minute ago, proveagle said:

Sirianni and Daboll have very different goals so their strategies will be different as a result. Daboll was 100% aggressive and Sirianni was passive by design. So of course it looked that way.

I would agree wholeheartedly with you except they got outcoached by the Saints as well last week. It just comes across as bad coaching and scheming in 2 games that were needed to seal the #1 seed and rest players.

2 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

So now 1 game left to determine the last seed in the nfc. I feel like it’ll be Green Bay based on Detroit’s history. But I’d love to see Detroit get it.

I dont want to see Detroit in there.  The way they played us I think they could beat us on a hot hand

Just now, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Good teams beat bad teams and should do it easily.

Agreed and SF handled a bad team so can't argue there. And we made hard work of our game but we won and that's really what matters. 

2 minutes ago, Birdman said:

Shanahan is a superior HC and he'll have Purdy prepared. 

We just barely beat a practice squad QB with our starters to put things in perspective. 

The fact that you think we prepared the same way for this game that we would a playoff game, tells me all I need to know about your opinion.

4 minutes ago, proveagle said:

I got what I wanted and I dont care about anything else.  It has been vanilla ball for weeks.  They got the #1 seed with NO INJURIES.  That is all I wanted.

100% agree with this. Yes it would have been great to air it out and put up 50 points, but we won and no one got injured. You could tell Jalen was told to take zero chances with getting injured. He’ll open it up in the playoffs. 

Just now, vaff said:

Neither of these guys wanted to show much today.

There were playing backups so he could call whatever he wanted without worry what it puts on tape.  They called an aggressive game on offense, defense and special teams.

No one really stood out to me today as a star. No real scars either.

1 minute ago, BornGreen said:

I dont want to see Detroit in there.  The way they played us I think they could beat us on a hot hand

I’d just like to see them get in because I feel bad for their fans. Detroit deserves it at this point.

1 minute ago, DevilMayRage said:

Actually..you are.

Sorry your delicate sensibilities are hurt.

Men that don't let emotions get the better of them are objective about these things.

They are not foaming at the mouth homers

You must not comprehend what Hurts bring to the table. How many times did Hurts run on the RPO??? I'll wait for your answer, bc I have it. Nothing to do with being a homer and everything to do with understanding the game and my team.

Just now, BornGreen said:

I just dont feel excited about this win or this team going into the post season.  That was limping in considering we should have had this wrapped 2 weeks ago.  Very worried!  IF we face San Fran in a NFCCG I think we could very well lose that if this is the way this team is going to play.  A crap NYG secondary tamed our Wr for the most part.  

I’m not going to say this was a great win as far as execution goes, but seriously this game was obviously the Eagles playing super conservative and protecting Jalen almost at any cost (except running the ball more 🙄) so I’m not all that concerned right now with what we saw today. The Eagles didn’t play play their actual offense today. Heck they basically ran the offense they ran with Minshew. 

We have a new Sean Considine 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'd agree with that to be honest. I don't think either team wanted to show much and they kind of knew what the deal was today. 

I feel like our coaching staff mostly got vanilla weeks ago. We’ve basically been on the brink of clinching the #1 seed for weeks. I don’t think there was the usual urgency.

Depending on how things go they might have the Eagles as underdogs. Guess we’ll just have to see.

Some of you need to stop being so scared. If the 49ers and Eagles make it to the NFCCG Purdy isn't leaving Philly with a win. 

Have some faith in your team, pansies.

This was a good win.  The Eagles were in a bit of a bind in that they couldn't use their whole playbook with Hurts' injury and a decent chance that they'll be playing the Giants again in the divisional round.  No injuries and securing first round bye works.  The game had a preseason game vibe to it.

Just now, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

We have a new Sean Considine 

Don’t say that. He was not very good 😂

Just now, vaff said:

I feel like our coaching staff mostly got vanilla weeks ago. We’ve basically been on the brink of clinching the #1 seed for weeks. I don’t think there was the usual urgency.

I hope you are right. Things have seemed off the last few weeks and maybe that's because the #1 seed was pretty much secured. But it still all got a little close for comfort.

We limped into the playoffs in 2017 and Pederson ran a super vanilla scheme for Foles in both those final 2 games, but ultimately I felt better about Pederson. I trusted Pederson.

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed! The only slight negative was that SF looked really good again. But hey they were playing a bad bad team so can't read too much in to it. 

We were playing backups today so I get people being upset to an extent, but really let’s just stop going overboard. Sanfran gotta play next week. We don’t. That’s what’s needed. 

At least the bye will help Hurts get healthy. Playing him probably helped  him shake off a little rust as well.

People are acting like those of us pissed are pissed about squeaking by Dallas playing at full strength for the one seed.

We played a literal scrub and third stringers, at home and struggled. 

It's okay to not be happy about the performance.

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

We were playing backups today so I get people being upset to an extent, but really let’s just stop going overboard. Sanfran gotta play next week. We don’t. That’s what’s needed. 

I'm not going overboard bud. I'm just saying SF looked good today but they were playing a bad team. And like you say they now need to play next week.

Archived