GDT: New York Giants @ Philadelphia Eagles, 1-8-23, 4:25PM EST

EagleJoe8

32 minutes ago, proveagle said:

Yep your choice and I respect that.  Just looks miserable to me and I choose differently.

I learned a long time ago to be honest about your team, if they look like sheet, acknowledge it.

You see, if they are in fact one and done, you're gonna feel miserable, me, I'll be laughing the homers who feel miserable, I have no great expectations from this team for several reasons.

14 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Whats the example , every executive passed on him mulitples times

Way to go, in a few years you might be able to count to 3, keep up the good work

go to your safe space, Im owning you

4 hours ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

I think we just always remember the big ones like Reagor over JJ. But it’s also because JJ has been so successful.

Any given Sunday and every team is beatable. Its what the NFL wants and what makes it so great.

Dropped the ball on some guys for sure, yet here we are with the best tandem of receivers in Eagles history today. We gotta let that go.

Just now, EagleVA said:

I learned a long time ago to be honest about your team, if they look like sheet, acknowledge it.

You see, if they are in fact one and done, you're gonna feel miserable, me, I'll be laughing the homers who feel miserable, I have no great expectations from this team for several reasons.

That’s where I’m at too.  I’ll be shocked if they win a playoff game.  They are bad right now.

13 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Didn’t even realize DeVonta Smith broke the team record for the most receptions in franchise history! A.J. Brown breaks the franchise record for most receive information yard! Easily the best receiver tandem in franchise history. 

After all of the year's watching this team having Devonta and AJ makes me smile the most right up there with 2017.

They better get extremely focused during the bye. No mental mistakes, step up every aspect. All business. 

5 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

So your philosophy is to be miserable all the time to avoid being disappointed? Got it. You sure show the rest of us.

2 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Saying your team is going to be one and done is a future statement, it is not the same as saying they played like crap (they didnt play well).  It reminds me of the saying " I would rather have loved and lost than never loved at all".  Your philosophy is the opposite of that in the football context.  I feel like I get much more enjoyment out of my Eagles fandom doing it my way.  I am not miserable at all either way.

You don't want to risk anything (your choice) so you can MAYBE have the cookie of being able to laugh at people and say "look I was right"? Again, your choice but looks miserable to me.

11 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

What great expectations do you have for any other team in the NFC?

2 minutes ago, proveagle said:

Saying your team is going to be one and done is a future statement, it is not the same as saying they played like crap (they didnt play well).  It reminds me of the saying " I would rather have loved and lost than never loved at all".  Your philosophy is the opposite of that in the football context.  I feel like I get much more enjoyment out of my Eagles fandom doing it my way.  I am not miserable at all either way.

You don't want to risk anything (your choice) so you can MAYBE have the cookie of being able to laugh at people and say "look I was right"? Again, your choice but looks miserable to me.

Not only miserable, but pathetic.

Some of you guys need to not be so glass half empty. Good lord they finished 14-3 with HFA. They didn't sneak into the playoffs with some improbable scenarios bouncing their way.

My biggest concern was the OLine. The giants had a unblocked free rusher it looked like on every possession wnd no adjustments were made. 

1 minute ago, jsdarkstar said:

Love this. Here's a little pick me up.

I really hope Gannon is dissecting the tape of all the bad play by Prescott and building a game plan to force him into where he is struggling.  Getting tired of this soft crap to start games and letting them get into a rhythm.

24 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

go ahead and laugh. i could gaf

2 minutes ago, proveagle said:

I really hope Gannon is dissecting the tape of all the bad play by Prescott and building a game plan to force him into where he is struggling.  Getting tired of this soft crap to start games and letting them get into a rhythm.

Getting players healthy will be huge for us. Getting Lane Johnson back will help the offense in a huge way. Gannon will hopefully dial up a blitz package for whoever we play. 

17 minutes ago, vaff said:

So your philosophy is to be miserable all the time to avoid being disappointed? 

I don't know how you came to this conclusion......it's called being a realist. 

5 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I don't know how you came to this conclusion......it's called being a realist. 

Lol no it’s not. This line of thinking is why people fail. The most successful people I’ve ever been around believe they can do anything and expect the best. The people who consistently fail around me say stuff like if I do better they will expect me to do that all the time. You have a loser/failure mentality and that’s what "realist” really means.

20 minutes ago, proveagle said:

Saying your team is going to be one and done is a future statement, it is not the same as saying they played like crap (they didnt play well). 

My future statement is based on how they're currently playing, matter of fact, it's how they've played all year long.

How many games have the offense stalled for entire halfs, like about 75% of the games, couple that with the inability to stop the run and it's not looking good, just being realistic, it you want me to get some pom poms and lead the cheer, that's a no can do.

4 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Lol no it’s not. This line of thinking is why people fail. The most successful people I’ve ever been around believe they can do anything and expect the best. The people who consistently fail around me say stuff like if I do better they will expect me to do that all the time. You have a loser/failure mentality and that’s what "realist” really means.

O-K

19 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

My future statement is based on how they're currently playing, matter of fact, it's how they've played all year long.

How many games have the offense stalled for entire halfs, like about 75% of the games, couple that with the inability to stop the run and it's not looking good, just being realistic, it you want me to get some pom poms and lead the cheer, that's a no can do.

I am just giving you feedback, its your choice what you want to do with it.  You don't have to get pom poms and be a cheerleader.  I am suggesting you just play it "neutral".  You already said you don't have expectations this season.  That is neutral.  Enjoy that, it'll keep you balanced one game at a time.   You will find its nice way to enjoy watching. You might also find setting your expectations aside is a nice less stressful way to live in other areas if you couple it with a growth mindset. 🙂

When you say "you are watching a one and done team" that is not neutral.  That is pom pom cheerleading in the opposite direction.  Why bother? want a cookie?

1 hour ago, Next_Up said:

What are you a fan of?

I'll tell you what I'm not a fan of........dumb questions!!

1 hour ago, jsdarkstar said:

Getting players healthy will be huge for us. Getting Lane Johnson back will help the offense in a huge way. Gannon will hopefully dial up a blitz package for whoever we play. 

You know fella no politics 

35 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I'll tell you what I'm not a fan of........dumb questions!!

how do you feel about rhetorical questions?

Archived