GDT: New York Giants @ Philadelphia Eagles, 1-8-23, 4:25PM EST

EagleJoe8

4 hours ago, JournalistMic said:

You know for the NY Giants starting their third string Quarterback despite both one and two being healthy as a clear sign they weren't trying hard to win this game... .The Giants stayed in the game at least until the end.

I certainly think the Giants weren’t exactly trying to win, but they were constantly blitzing the Eagles offense. They were looking to get free shots on Jalen. Their objective was to hurt him more IMO. It’s win/win for them. 

11 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Use the goddamned RBs more!! All 3 of them

I really don't know why but I have this feeling we're going to be using them a whole lot more in the playoffs. Maybe it's because I can't understand what we've been saving them for.

17 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I certainly think the Giants weren’t exactly trying to win, but they were constantly blitzing the Eagles offense. They were looking to get free shots on Jalen. Their objective was to hurt him more IMO. It’s win/win for them. 

Dude, they weren't trying to hurt him, they were executing the defensive game plan. This is the one shot many of these guys will get to see game action. They want to secure a place in the league for next year. Obviously they're going to go hard. 

16 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Dude, they weren't trying to hurt him, they were executing the defensive game plan. This is the one shot many of these guys will get to see game action. They want to secure a place in the league for next year. Obviously they're going to go hard. 

Yeah I didn't see any evidence of intentionally trying to hurt him , I saw people playing football

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

They weren’t playing a vanilla defense. They consistently blitzed the quarterback. They weren’t trying to win, but they weren’t trying to stop.

On 1/9/2023 at 9:26 PM, downundermike said:

As soon as Foles caught the TD I had no doubt we would win

They won it and in typical Philly fan fashion, I'm still expecting them to lose it somehow!!

17 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

This is what intentionally trying to hurt a player looks like:

16 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

They weren’t playing a vanilla defense. They consistently blitzed the quarterback. They weren’t trying to win, but they weren’t trying to stop.

Like I said, they were executing the normal defensive game plan, just with backups. We blitz more than any team in the league.  I'm not sure I understand the last part of your post. Of course they were trying to win and some guys were playing for a chance to remain in the NFL. 

Just now, BKLYNYG said:

Like I said, they were executing the normal defensive game plan, just with backups. We blitz more than any team in the league.  I'm not sure I understand the last part of your post. Of course they were trying to win and some guys were playing for a chance to remain in the NFL. 

Just saying they weren’t taking that game like some preseason game, and they were looking to take shots on the quarterback. Hurts did a fairly good job of avoiding it even though the Giants still got in a roughing the passer call for hitting him late. 

50 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

This is what intentionally trying to hurt a player looks like:

Don’t misunderstand. Just because the Giants were not successful at getting to Hurts to get a clean hit doesn’t mean they weren’t trying to. Heck they’ve already taken dirty shots on one of our players like here where two of them stepped out of bounds to hit (AND INJURED) our kicker. 

AEE075AD-BE7C-4735-9BC4-B88FE7DA4562.jpeg

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Don’t misunderstand. Just because the Giants were not successful at getting to Hurts to get a clean hit doesn’t mean they weren’t trying to. Heck they’ve already taken dirty shots on one of our players like here where two of them stepped out of bounds to hit (AND INJURED) our kicker. 

AEE075AD-BE7C-4735-9BC4-B88FE7DA4562.jpeg

I don't think most players are ever "letting up" in games, but that doesn't mean they are trying to injure someone. I was just shocked nobody even brought up that Josh Allen hit because he was limping after the play. The replay clearly showed 91 stop and then flip himself over at Josh's bad ankle. The NFL should have handed out a fine and suspended him for such an obvious attempt to injure another player --- especially in a game that turned out to be the epitome of what really matters. As far as the Giants, they were just playing aggressive. Dawkins used to play like that he received a few flags and a couple fines and certainly no Eales fans ever felt he was a "dirty player."

Archived