GDT: New York Giants @ Philadelphia Eagles, 1-8-23, 4:25PM EST

EagleJoe8

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Dallas got destroyed in a game they were trying to win today. 😂 Seriously those dude are so overrated. 😂🤣😂

Dak seems to own Philly. And playing Dallas is always tough. Honestly that’s the last team I want to see.

Webb cooked Slay 🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, EagleVA said:

A fan I am, a cheerleader I'm not.

Yep your choice and I respect that.  Just looks miserable to me and I choose differently.

Just now, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Webb cooked Slay 🤣🤣🤣

Galloway made a hell of a catch.

4 minutes ago, Jsvand12 said:

It’s just a game. Win or lose the Earth will keep on spinning…

It's good to see you capitalized Earth..

1 minute ago, ShutDownDB said:

It's fine to be unhappy about how they played but some people need to relax a little. It was clear as day they were playing super conservative and protecting Hurts.

Outside of letting Hurts play his game, and all the FG's, I don't think the play calling was that conservative. 

We took several shots downfield, and threw the ball way too much with a QB recovering from a bad shoulder injury.

The thing I'm having a hard time processing is the abject failure in the RZ with all of our weapons. 

I'm going to go watch some Dallas reaction videos, that'll make me feel better about everything.

1 minute ago, Birdman said:

Outside of letting Hurts play his game, and all the FG's, I don't think the play calling was that conservative. 

We took several shots downfield, and threw the ball way too much with a QB recovering from a bad shoulder injury.

The thing I'm having a hard time processing is the abject failure in the RZ with all of our weapons. 

They didn’t really use the RPO and Hurts didn’t want to run. Outside of that they did take some shots down field.

1 minute ago, PhillyDan1969 said:

I'm going to go watch some Dallas reaction videos, that'll make me feel better about everything.

At least they lost and lost pretty bad. They lost to a undrafted, I think, rookie making his first start.

Everybody here who's a little pissed, go back and see what happened in 2017.  Some similarities with the injuries.  More injuries in 2017, but in 2022 we had the QB and RT out - the two best players on the offense.  In 2017, after the Wentz injury, the team did well enough in the regular season to secure HFA throughout playoffs.  If you remember, there were games the Eagles didn't look so good.  The win against the Giants was a tight game for a while.  The team looked like crap beating the Raiders on Monday night, and took off the last week and got shut out by Dallas.  Nobody thought they were going anywhere.  And that worked to the Eagles advantage.  After barely beating Atlanta, the Vikings thought it would be a cakewalk, and Belichick was pretty smug before the SB.

In both years, the Eagles did what they needed to to secure top seed - and pretty much no more.  Whatever happened these past 4 games is out the window now.  Doesn't matter.  We're getting a revamped and improved team for the playoffs.  A team with its stud RT who hopefully will be in playing shape, and more versatility with the QB running the ball, not to mention more help in the defensive backfield and on the D Line.  Today was the result needed, and there was conservation of team resources in terms of player health and not tipping the hand with the playback too much.

The Eagles are No. 1 seed in the NFC and I tip my hat to the team.

B12AA057-06A0-4B2B-9A79-BF15BC5F8D7D.jpeg

Congratulations to the Eagles for winning the division, getting the best record in the conference, and locking up that bye week. 

B12AA057-06A0-4B2B-9A79-BF15BC5F8D7D.jpeg

Just now, xxeaglesfanxx said:

They didn’t really use the RPO and Hurts didn’t want to run. Outside of that they did take some shots down field.

They did and they missed by a little on a couple. I think that's mostly down to a bit of rust and a bit of timing.

5 minutes ago, proveagle said:

My biggest concern in the playoffs is Lane being able to play effectively through his injury and stay on the field.

Yep…offense hasn’t been right without him 

3 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Galloway made a hell of a catch.

Galloway was also holding Slay’s arm down until the last second. Not making excuses, but it was just as much OPI than the DPI the announcers kept mentioning. 

Just now, Birdman said:

They weren't conservative with the pass, I agree, but they clearly went in to this game limiting Hurts' runs and such. Think I remember seeing maybe 1 RPO.

Just now, LacesOut said:

The RT stinks.

Yep.  I am starting to think the Eagles need to grab a guy who can be a new high end tackle/guard high up in the draft.  Need a good backup and Lane only has a couple years left based on his words.

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think in their last 8 play off road games they are 0-8. Now they go to Tampa next week. Let's hope that extends to 0-9.

To extend their winless record against Brady to include this year btw.

If my dumb azzzz knows what the Eagles want to do on Offense - throw to set up the run - then I am sure the opposing D Coordinator will know that too. SMH.

No INTs from the awesome two CB’s since week 8. 🙃

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

To extend their winless record against Brady to include this year btw.

Hope so. It’s the little things in life like Dallas not winning a playoff game 😂

1 minute ago, LacesOut said:

If my dumb azzzz knows what the Eagles want to do on Offense - throw to set up the run - then I am sure the opposing D Coordinator will know that too. SMH.

No INTs from the awesome two CB’s since week 8. 🙃

They dropped like 8 ints today. Slay had a few chances, Epps 1, Bradberry had a couple, they just need to learn to catch.

3 minutes ago, Procus said:

Everybody here who's a little pissed, go back and see what happened in 2017.  Some similarities with the injuries.  More injuries in 2017, but in 2022 we had the QB and RT out - the two best players on the offense.  But we did well enough in the regular season to secure HFA throughout playoffs.  If you remember, there were games the Eagles didn't look so good.  The win against the Giants was a tight game for a while.  The team looked like crap beating the Raiders on Monday night, and took off the last week and got shut out by Dallas.  Nobody thought they were going anywhere.  And that worked to the Eagles advantage.  After barely beating Atlanta, the Vikings thought it would be a cakewalk, and Belichick was pretty smug before the SB.

In both years, the Eagles did what they needed to to secure top seed - and pretty much no more.  Whatever happened these past 4 games is out the window now.  Doesn't matter.  We're getting a revamped and improved team for the playoffs.  A team with its stud RT who hopefully will be in playing shape, and more versatility with the QB running the ball, not to mention more help in the defensive backfield.  Today was the result needed, and there was conservation of team resources in terms of player health and not tipping the hand with the playback too much.

The Eagles are No. 1 seed in the NFC and I tip my hat to the team.

Agreed. But I don’t trust Siriani like I trusted Dougie P to put a game plan together. 

Just now, nceagle20 said:

Agreed. But I don’t trust Siriani like I trusted Dougie P to put a game plan together. 

Playcalling has been very questionable at times. I don’t trust them to use the run correctly and I don’t trust Gannon at all. Let’s just hope it all comes together in the playoffs and what we’ve seen the past few weeks are not the real Eagles.

Just now, vaff said:

Dak was 14-37 today for 128 yards, with 1 TD and 1 INT.

14-37 for 128 yards is pretty ugly.

That's very very ugly. You just love to see it with Dak.

Archived