GDT: New York Giants @ Philadelphia Eagles, 1-8-23, 4:25PM EST

EagleJoe8

I posted a little during the game and didn't see any slowness like last week, did anyone have any issues this week?

25 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I posted a little during the game and didn't see any slowness like last week, did anyone have any issues this week?

Nope, no delays for me, didn't see anyone else complaining 

6 hours ago, ShutDownDB said:

It's fine to be unhappy about how they played but some people need to relax a little. It was clear as day they were playing super conservative and protecting Hurts.

Yeah, I mean it definitely felt like vanilla playcalling and that Hurts was instructed to not take off running much.  But to me super conservative would have been for them to run the ball more in the first three quarters. 

Missed the game- had a gig again. I gotta go look at the highlights. All I know is they won- I'll take it.

36 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Missed the game- had a gig again. I gotta go look at the highlights. All I know is they won- I'll take it.

Thats not what matters, you must destroy the opponent by 50 points and make them cry or it does not count :furious:

10 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Thats not what matters, you must destroy the opponent by 50 points and make them cry or it does not count :furious:

To be fair, they actually should have done it this game 

12 hours ago, Heavywchamp said:

To be fair, they actually should have done it this game 

Woulda, shoulda, coulda- the reality of the situation is a win and home field throughout. Anyone biiisssshin right now needs to go be a cowboys fan.

We lose this game with Minshew. 

Hurts wasn't great but did just enough and didn't get injured further. You take that every day of the week.

8 hours ago, proveagle said:

I really hope Gannon is dissecting the tape of all the bad play by Prescott and building a game plan to force him into where he is struggling.

He definitely is. 

It rhymes with bone 

2 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Woulda, shoulda, coulda- the reality of the situation is a win and home field throughout. Anyone ****in right now needs to go be a cowboys fan.

That was my only comment about it and they would have if they really wanted to turn it up.   I'm not the least bit concerned because I knew they were just keeping it simple going through the motions. Your last sentence wasn't necessary at all. 

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Didn’t even realize DeVonta Smith broke the team record for the most receptions in franchise history! A.J. Brown breaks the franchise record for most receive information yard! Easily the best receiver tandem in franchise history. 

Devonta’s is for WRs. Ertz still has the team record at 116. 

7 hours ago, NOTW said:

Gannon a candidate for Texans

I hope it’s a distraction for DeMeco. Really liked him when he was here and knew he’s be a good DC. Don’t know if becoming a HC of a sheethole organization is a good idea for either coaches. 

The Mission was to Win the game at any cost.  I don't care if they won by one point. I don't care if it was the GMen's backups.   Walk out of the Linc with the NFC BEAST Title and #1 Seed......and get Jalen and everyone out healthy.   Mission Accomplished.   "But the Giants scored that last TD".   Garbage time but great catch by Golladay.    Look they left about 3 TD's out there.  But I understand the game plan.  Very Vanilla, didn't show much.   Also the Defense did it job.   I honestly haven't seen Jalen slide that many times in a game ever.   There were situations where I could tell they just did what was needed to win. 

I never felt in Danger of the GMen or Davis coming back.    It was 19-0 at one point and a TD was taken off the board.   It's hard to win 14 games in this league.  Birds were 7-2 at Homes and 7-1 on the road.  That's a fantastic Record.  This team was good enough to go 15-2, 16-1 if we're being honest.   After Christmas Eve and New Years I was happy to see the Birds just win the damn game.  Jalen's energy lifted the whole team up.   This was a special win, so many Eagles Records and NFL Records was made by this team.  I'm so proud of them for this Historic Season.   14-3 overall (14-1 with Jalen) is an amazing achievement.   

10 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

I hope it’s a distraction for DeMeco. Really liked him when he was here and knew he’s be a good DC. Don’t know if becoming a HC of a sheethole organization is a good idea for either coaches. 

Texans are taking some heat for the fact that they just fired two black coaches after one season, seasons where they were basically tanking anyway.

I don’t know about Lovie, but I think David Culley got a bit of a raw deal there. Coaching the Texans last year had to be a nightmare.

3 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

The Mission was to Win the game at any cost.  I don't care if they won by one point. I don't care if it was the GMen's backups.   Walk out of the Linc with the NFC BEAST Title and #1 Seed......and get Jalen and everyone out healthy.   Mission Accomplished.   "But the Giants scored that last TD".   Garbage time but great catch by Golladay.    Look they left about 3 TD's out there.  But I understand the game plan.  Very Vanilla, didn't show much.   Also the Defense did it job.   I honestly haven't seen Jalen slide that many times in a game ever.   There were situations where I could tell they just did what was needed to win. 

I never felt in Danger of the GMen or Davis coming back.    It was 19-0 at one point and a TD was taken off the board.   It's hard to win 14 games in this league.  Birds were 7-2 at Homes and 7-1 on the road.  That's a fantastic Record.  This team was good enough to go 15-2, 16-1 if we're being honest.   After Christmas Eve and New Years I was happy to see the Birds just win the damn game.  Jalen's energy lifted the whole team up.   This was a special win, so many Eagles Records and NFL Records was made by this team.  I'm so proud of them for this Historic Season.   14-3 overall (14-1 with Jalen) is an amazing achievement.   

I think the only real issue yesterday was the red zone. We uncharacteristically struggled in the red zone. 

Although, it wouldn’t have looked as bad if not for the ticky tack Landon Dickerson penalty.

It was a pretty lackluster game. We won and the call after the touchdown was complete BS. Glad we wrapped it up. Did what we had too. Jalen was a little rusty but that’s ok. Apparently now everyone says the Niners will beat us. I looked at who they have played. I don’t think they have played as many good teams as us. So we should beat ‘em. 

3 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Devonta’s is for WRs. Ertz still has the team record at 116. 

You’re correct. For WRs here it’s still very impressive especially when it didn’t seem like he was getting that many touches, because everyone was so focused on Brown. He’s just out there week after week killing it. 

1 hour ago, LacesOut said:

Use the goddamned RBs more!! All 3 of them

Agreed, my concern is that DC's are going to blitz us A LOT in the playoffs, and we're going to need to establish a strong run game to counter it. 

We have to get Sanders, Scott and Gainwell involved....hell maybe even activate Sermon! 

Hope the play the Cowboys, 4th straight road game coming off road Monday night

You know for the NY Giants starting their third string Quarterback despite both one and two being healthy as a clear sign they weren't trying hard to win this game... .The Giants stayed in the game at least until the end.

during the SB, I was waiting for a flag, a fumble or INT, anything to get to the forgone conclusion that we'll never win a Lombardi trophy

56 minutes ago, ThinkGreen said:

during the SB, I was waiting for a flag, a fumble or INT, anything to get to the forgone conclusion that we'll never win a Lombardi trophy

As soon as Foles caught the TD I had no doubt we would win

28 minutes ago, downundermike said:

As soon as Foles caught the TD I had no doubt we would win

I tripped balls when we had to settle for the first 3.

I was supremely confident when they missed their kick shortly after.  I knew then. 

Archived