GDT: NFC Championship: San Francisco 49ers @ Philadelphia Eagles, 1-29-23, 3:00 PM EST

EagleJoe8

3 hours ago, NCTANK said:

i’m feeling pretty damn good right now but i would love to hear about those instances where the refs turned their collective heads on Sunday. 

Well I'm worried. This is Patrick Mahomes. Not Jones and Josh Johnson...Reality is we haven't played a team like the chiefs this year. If Hurts isn't healthy (he certainly wasn't last week) it could get ugly. Kelce is the bigger issue...if we tackle him like we tried to with Mcaffrey....let me stop

I wonder if Colin Kaepernick was watching the game laughing when both Niners qbs got hurt... Also LOL at Justin Jefferson for saying he's happier to be in Minnesota than Philadelphia 

2 hours ago, RunItBAck said:

Well I'm worried. This is Patrick Mahomes. Not Jones and Josh Johnson...Reality is we haven't played a team like the chiefs this year. If Hurts isn't healthy (he certainly wasn't last week) it could get ugly. Kelce is the bigger issue...if we tackle him like we tried to with Mcaffrey....let me stop

If..If...If....If my Aunt had testicles she's be my Uncle.  Go get a puppy!!  Man 'o man, we are the best team in the NFL this year.  We have the best lines, the best secondary (and Maddox is back and healthy), we no longer have doormats for LB's, yes...they have Mahomes which gives them a slight edge at the QB position but I say slight.  For once, I want to go into a game going WE ARE THE BEST, and we are!  And yes, anything can happen but if there is ever a year, a game to go into confident, it is right NOW!  Let's go!!!

Why are we acting like the Chiefs are a juggernaut? 

They were in a LOT of close, one-score games this season.  Indy held them to 17 and won.  Denver had them within 3 and 6 points, respectively.  Tennessee took them to overtime.  Houston had them within a touchdown.  Chargers had them within a field goal both times. 

We have the advantage on both sides of the lines.  Our offense vs. their defense is very favorable to us.  Their offense vs. our defense is a much closer matchup. 

Mahomes and Kelce are great and all, but they're very beatable. 

1 hour ago, hukdonfoniks said:

They were in a LOT of close, one-score games this season.  Indy held them to 17 and won.  Denver had them within 3 and 6 points, respectively.  Tennessee took them to overtime.  Houston had them within a touchdown.  Chargers had them within a field goal both times. 

We have the advantage on both sides of the lines.  Our offense vs. their defense is very favorable to us.  Their offense vs. our defense is a much closer matchup. 

Nah they still complaining and acting like Hurts is garbage 🤣🤣. And will still complain after we win it all. Some people are just despised of the fact a running QB is in the position to winning all while running. 

7 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

Nah they still complaining and acting like Hurts is garbage 🤣🤣. And will still complain after we win it all. Some people are just despised of the fact a running QB is in the position to winning all while running. 

Has nothing to do with him being a running QB winning a Super Bowl.  It has to do with evolving as a passer to not put himself in harms way.

In a game that was over, they chose to run him and he took a cheap shot on the sidelines that could have ended the Eagles season.  And it was clear from his deep passes in the game he is still not right.

IMO, he should not have thrown another pass after the 49ers second 3 and out of the second half, and Minshew should have been in the game in the 3rd quarter.

Regardless of anyone's thoughts of Hurts style of play and the back and forth, we need him to win a Super Bowl, and that could have costed the Eagles dearly.

He is going to be here for the future, I would prefer he plays in every game.

What is sad, is this is now bigger than Hurts and the back and forth, but his fan boys keep circling it back to being about him above the team, and those who are not fan boys are now the ones wanting him to be healthy, and you guys are all about him putting himself in harms way to prove some type of point.

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Has nothing to do with him being a running QB winning a Super Bowl.  It has to do with evolving as a passer to not put himself in harms way.

In a game that was over, they chose to run him and he took a cheap shot on the sidelines that could have ended the Eagles season.  And it was clear from his deep passes in the game he is still not right.

IMO, he should not have thrown another pass after the 49ers second 3 and out of the second half, and Minshew should have been in the game in the 3rd quarter.

Regardless of anyone's thoughts of Hurts style of play and the back and forth, we need him to win a Super Bowl, and that could have costed the Eagles dearly.

He is going to be here for the future, I would prefer he plays in every game.

What is sad, is this is now bigger than Hurts and the back and forth, but his fan boys keep circling it back to being about him above the team, and those who are not fan boys are now the ones wanting him to be healthy, and you guys are all about him putting himself in harms way to prove some type of point.

I understand what you're saying mostly. I also believe Minshew would've choked and lost the game putting him in the 3rd qtr. I DO NOT trust Minshew at all unless it's a garage time kneel down. All I'm saying is Hurts been this way all year and the team rallies around him probably looking forward to his victory speech. Put your differences aside and back him up.

Look at the all-22. He's the reason we got those 4 TDs and fg to give us 31 points. Yeah the 9ers committed some legit frustration penalties to keep a few drive going, but they were legit...

2 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

I understand what you're saying mostly. I also believe Minshew would've choked and lost the game putting him in the 3rd qtr. I DO NOT trust Minshew at all unless it's a garage time kneel down. All I'm saying is Hurts been this way all year and the team rallies around him probably looking forward to his victory speech. Put your differences aside and back him up.

Look at the all-22. He's the reason we got those 4 TDs and fg to give us 31 points. Yeah the 9ers committed some legit frustration penalties to keep a few drive going, but they were legit...

Minshew would not have thrown a pass, just as Jalen should not have, or been running.  The 49ers were done, they could not score, how are you going to lose a multi score lead against a team that was 100% incapable of scoring.

We were in some close, one-score games, too. How often did we cover the point spread? During the season, we were 8-9. Better than KC, but not by much.

8 minutes ago, jwmiii said:

We were in some close, one-score games, too. How often did we cover the point spread? During the season, we were 8-9. Better than KC, but not by much.

Also true.  But no one is pumping us up as some sort of unstoppable team of destiny. 

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Minshew would not have thrown a pass, just as Jalen should not have, or been running.  The 49ers were done, they could not score, how are you going to lose a multi score lead against a team that was 100% incapable of scoring.

Maybe this me being a Minshew hater but he would've found a way to screw it up. 9ers could've pinned their ears back and forced Minshew in mistakes that Hurts didn't make. The second half it was predominantly running plays anyway except for that last drive with a few design runs that only works with Hurts. They are that run defense up 2nd because Hurts was on the field. 

Trust me, I really understand what you're saying but also you need to understand that the defense is scared of Hurts and his abilities and decisions to run. Name any team that had 4 rushing TDs against the 9ers these past few years. Fact is Hurts had that defense shook. I know it's a long post but take a look at that "no rush defense" SF had when Hurts had like 10 seconds to throw. That defense held their position because of Hurts. He literally changed the game and the way the defense played. Minshew doesn't bring that element.  

4 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

Maybe this me being a Minshew hater but he would've found a way to screw it up. 9ers could've pinned their ears back and forced Minshew in mistakes that Hurts didn't make. The second half it was predominantly running plays anyway except for that last drive with a few design runs that only works with Hurts. They are that run defense up 2nd because Hurts was on the field. 

Trust me, I really understand what you're saying but also you need to understand that the defense is scared of Hurts and his abilities and decisions to run. Name any team that had 4 rushing TDs against the 9ers these past few years. Fact is Hurts had that defense shook. I know it's a long post but take a look at that "no rush defense" SF had when Hurts had like 10 seconds to throw. That defense held their position because of Hurts. He literally changed the game and the way the defense played. Minshew doesn't bring that element.  

He would have come into a 21-7 game, and done nothing but hand off.

How were the 9ers going to score 14 points ??

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He would have come into a 21-7 game, and done nothing but hand off.

How were the 9ers going to score 14 points ??

21-7.... A pick 6, int, a few sacks mostly definitely would've changed the game in the 9ers favor. With our style offence, I believe the run game doesn't take off the way it did with Hurts running the RPO.

It's a whole different offense with Minshew in the game. We ran the ball with authority and control the clock in 2nd half with Hurts in there. Let me remind you, SF had an elite defense at all levels. Hurts only dropped back for 25 pusses. Do you really trust  Minshew to do what Hurts did to keep that SF defense shook and at bay?

57 minutes ago, hukdonfoniks said:

Also true.  But no one is pumping us up as some sort of unstoppable team of destiny. 

No, not like Vegas has us as favorites or anything 

They not really pumping us up but Vegas got us at 2 pt favorites. Don't let the few "realists" on here who scared having us a loosing because Hurts didn't pass that well fool you. We got this bruh! Our fans take every opportunity to find a reason to be pissed off at something. 

30 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

No, not like Vegas has us as favorites or anything 

Who is talking about Vegas?

Here's how Vegas works ... Vegas is going to tempt you as best they can into making you take who they want you to take. Prime time Mahomes actually getting points against a team who's perceived to have reached the SB due to an opposing team QB getting hurt??? Ohhh yeahh, all day easy money!!!  Hell yeah, Mahomes all day in this one "and" I get a few points thrown in???? Hey hun, let's take out a loan ... this is easy money!!! Just look at last week ... Mahomes on one leg, high ankle sprain ... Burrow on a hot streak, has Mahomes' number ... hey hun, take out that loan and bet the house on Cincy!!! Easy money ....

Archived