GDT: NFC Championship: San Francisco 49ers @ Philadelphia Eagles, 1-29-23, 3:00 PM EST

EagleJoe8

What the hell was that from Mahomes? It looked like it was a play from one of those 1980s NFL Bloopers videos.

7 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Maybe they love us now, see if they can get you some real pizza! 

I'm heading to Florida to watch with my family. I'll get something close there.

received_5758458167578929.webp

How about the Reed Blankenship hit and fumble recovery,. He has a bright future. 

Bring on the Chiefs. 

Not scared of them in the least.  We can do everything Cincinnati does to them, but better. 

13 minutes ago, hukdonfoniks said:

Bring on the Chiefs. 

Not scared of them in the least.  We can do everything Cincinnati does to them, but better. 

Yeah, i was a lot more scared of the 49ers. We just have to do to Mahomes what the Bucs did in the SB.

4 hours ago, Procus said:

Yeah, the Eagles caught a huge break with the Niners QB's going down.  But they've also had their share of bad breaks on the QB front.  1991 when Cunningham and McMahon went down and Eagles had to start Brad Goebels, and the 2003 NFCCG when McRib went down.  Karma has a way of balancing things out and this win was earned.

I wouldn't call it a "huge break".  It's not like Purdy was out there throwing darts and dicing us up.  He wasn't even doing better than Johnson. 

4 hours ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Running the ball is where they excel. I suggest start there in the Super Bowl and see what happens.

I agree but we've been pretty versatile game to game all year.  One game we'll dominate running the ball and the next game it's the passing. 

By the way the Bengals got straight up robbed.  Terrible calls and non-calls the entire 4th quarter.  I pray we don't get this officiating crew in the SB. 

The Eagles caused the 49er coaches and players to have a total meltdown. You could see where it began, then it kept building and building, until they ALL melted down, lost their composure and made total fools of themselves on national tv. THAT was awesome to watch.

10 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

The Eagles caused the 49er coaches and players to have a total meltdown. You could see where it began, then it kept building and building, until they ALL melted down, lost their composure and made total fools of themselves on national tv. THAT was awesome to watch.

Especially bc of their shetty fans. 

My only disappointment of the day is that two of my audio recordings didn't record properly. The 49ers radio and Westwood One. 

Does anyone know of a site to download those broadcasts?

Bad news and maybe good news (for SF)

Purdy hurt his UCL (Tommy John) but it may not be ruptured so it might just be a 6 week recovery

Dear lord, please don’t let the Super Bowl officiating crews be headed by a kemp or a boger… please. 

1 hour ago, vaff said:

😆

7D29A279-5B1C-44C8-9FA5-A766BA602E67.jpeg

Typical whiner fans. Always another excuse. Last year it was Tartt dropping the int, this year its "bad luck" of letting Purdy get knocked out by Reddick.

The sad thing i was a big 9er fan back in the glory days, but now their crap fanbse is actually turning them into one of my most hated teams.

17 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

Typical whiner fans. Always another excuse. Last year it was Tartt dropping the int, this year its "bad luck" of letting Purdy get knocked out by Reddick.

The sad thing i was a big 9er fan back in the glory days, but now their crap fanbse is actually turning them into one of my most hated teams.

They were awfully cocky all week. Now it’s nothing but excuses lol

FWIW the refs did not see the ball hit the ground on the Smith catch. The idiot 49er who had the best angle from about 2 yards away did not look.

If he looks and sees the drop then he could have told Shanahan but lets blame the refs?

The 15 for annihilating the punter was when he was being blocked but the blocker did not shove him into the punter. That was about the only iffy call.

The 49ers were outcoached, outclassed, and outplayed. The 49ers knew they were inferior and tried to cheat all game to cover up for their lack of talent relative to Philly.

The refs noticed.

7 hours ago, Infam said:

When we needed a spark on the offense, tonight it was Gainwell that really showed some juice.

So happy we made it to the SB!

Now let‘s go get it. :Eagle_smiley:

:LII:

Gainwell is this year’s Clement. 

Archived