GDT: NFC Championship: San Francisco 49ers @ Philadelphia Eagles, 1-29-23, 3:00 PM EST

EagleJoe8

The Seahawks only made the playoffs because their last game was so poorly officiated as to seem rigged against the Rams. It was so bad that the NFL has been discussing changes.

The AFCCG is only going to add fuel to that fire.

If anyone thinks that applies to the NFCCG it because they are brain dead.

BTW, how common is it for a team to carry only 2 QBs going into the playoffs? Looks like the Niners gambled, and lost. But it probably wouldn't have made any difference anyway if they had a 3rd stringer available. 

Did the Empire State Building lose a bet ? I saw the tweet showing the building lit up green and white.

The butt hurt excuses from 49ers fans all night is too much!  Basically they lost because of Smith’s catch and unfair penalties!  Oh and because Purdy could t play.  Leaving out the fact that our TENACIOUS DAMN D LINE took them outback and delivered the punishment that took him and his replacement out!   Hungry dawgs feed a baby and the Eagles feasted!

8 minutes ago, EaglesIreland said:

Did the Empire State Building lose a bet ? I saw the tweet showing the building lit up green and white.

It was green and white but they also made it red when the chief won. It was just respect to football and the two teams.  Giants fans were furious

6 minutes ago, BornGreen said:

It was green and white but they also made it red when the chief won. It was just respect to football and the two teams.  Giants fans were furious

Oh they did it for the chiefs also ? Well giants fans being furious is always a good thing.

1 minute ago, EaglesIreland said:

Oh they did it for the chiefs also ? Well giants fans being furious is always a good thing.

That franchise is just a joke really anyway. 

I gotta be honest, Hurts' accuracy was really really bad in this game, I really hope that we don't see the same thing in 2 weeks, cause that game is probably gonna be a shootout. 

Just now, Eagles_ftw said:

I gotta be honest, Hurts' accuracy was really really bad in this game, I really hope that we don't see the same thing in 2 weeks.

It was windy, playing against the #1 defense with some rain tossed in.....just stop.  Arizona will be in a nice cozy closed stadium, he will be fine.

6 minutes ago, Eagles_ftw said:

I gotta be honest, Hurts' accuracy was really really bad in this game, I really hope that we don't see the same thing in 2 weeks, cause that game is probably gonna be a shootout. 

He wasn't perfect, but the SF defense is good.  Plus rain and wind.  He also picked the team up and finished off that last TD drive with his legs.  Overall, he played well enough to blow out the opponent...good enough for me.

Unless I missed something, the Eagles got the win without any new injuries, and that's a big plus.

8 hours ago, opa-opa said:

We just have to do to Mahomes what the Bucs did in the SB.

I have to wonder though how much of that was HFA though, remember that SB was in the Bucs stadium. 

10 minutes ago, Eagles_ftw said:

He's never been pinpoint accurate, but I believe his shoulder is a bigger problem than he's letting on. Still, 2 more weeks to heal up some can only help. I think he'll be a better passer in the SB than what we saw in the NFCCG.

12 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

It was windy, playing against the #1 defense with some rain tossed in.....just stop.  Arizona will be in a nice cozy closed stadium, he will be fine.

I am less worried about the overthrows on deep shots as I am his underthrows on pretty short passes.   There were like 3 short passes that the receivers had to basically scoop inches off the ground. Makes me wonder how much the injury is still effecting his mechanics.  The wind shouldn't have played much of a factor in those short passes.  

1 hour ago, EaglesIreland said:

Spoiler

Empire State Building lights up in Eagles colors after NFC championship  game win, angering New Yorkers everywhere | Sporting News

11 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Unless I missed something, the Eagles got the win without any new injuries, and that's a big plus.

Was Landon Dickerson deemed to be okay?  He got hurt late...haven't seen any word about it

1 minute ago, EaglesAddict said:

Was Landon Dickerson deemed to be okay?  He got hurt late...haven't seen any word about it

Hyper extended elbow but saw him later on sideline with no ice pack and no brace. I don't think it's serious.

4 minutes ago, EaglesAddict said:

CBS reported he had a brace though, so I guess we'll find out later today.

2 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

For what it's worth...Dr Chao is generally pretty accurate...

4 minutes ago, EaglesAddict said:

For what it's worth...Dr Chao is generally pretty accurate...

I liked his comment about the game

Spoiler

31 Best Chow - Hangover ideas | chow hangover, hangover, bones funny

6 hours ago, opa-opa said:

Typical whiner fans. Always another excuse. Last year it was Tartt dropping the int, this year its "bad luck" of letting Purdy get knocked out by Reddick.

The sad thing i was a big 9er fan back in the glory days, but now their crap fanbse is actually turning them into one of my most hated teams.

They’re the cowboys if they west. Despite their SB appears have nothing to show in this century. 

13 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Dickerson is actually pretty important for that matchup, Chris Jones is the only guy on that D that scares me.

Everyone will be ready for the superbowl. Theres no way that these players give up the opportunity to play in that game. They'll do whatever it takes

13 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Dickerson is actually pretty important for that matchup, Chris Jones is the only guy on that D that scares me.

He is a mandatory double team all night.

Archived