GDT: NFC Championship: San Francisco 49ers @ Philadelphia Eagles, 1-29-23, 3:00 PM EST

EagleJoe8

5 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

No, everyone agrees that it was bobbled.

If you are so certain then get me a frame with the ball on the ground, fake tough guy.

Just the entire ball on the ground.  What does being a tough guy or not have to do with it.  It is clear as day.  You want me to start a poll so you look foolish ??

49ers not challenging the DeVonta Smith catch might come back to haunt them  - SBNation.com

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Just the entire ball on the ground.  What does being a tough guy or not have to do with it.  It is clear as day.  You want me to start a poll so you look foolish ??

49ers not challenging the DeVonta Smith catch might come back to haunt them  - SBNation.com

It’s weird how many posters are so hostile to anything that isn’t pure pro eagles. 

Just now, TorontoEagle said:

It’s weird how many posters are so hostile to anything that isn’t pure pro eagles. 

Because many are Homers. That wasnt a catch and devonte even knew it. It doesnt matter either way because they won. Atleast one of those calls finally went thier way

I couldn’t care less if he actually caught it or not. That’s on Kyle Shanahan for not challenging. It was really close, just like the Purdy fumble, but Sirianni actually challenged.

Just now, downundermike said:

Got owned so bad he left

He edited his post instead of replying lol

36 minutes ago, vaff said:

I couldn’t care less if he actually caught it or not. That’s on Kyle Shanahan for not challenging. It was really close, just like the Purdy fumble, but Sirianni actually challenged.

Agreed, it's not like they didn't have the time to challenge it, besides, to make Niner fans feel better we will take 7 points off our score and now they only lost by 17. After this game I really hate the 49ers and their fans, I never saw such poor sportsmanship, taking cheap shots and punching players, it was a F-ing disgrace, bunch of babies,

The 49ers qb is **** made and was too scared to come back in. Also their RAT coach didn’t challenge the play so who cares if he did or didn’t catch a pass? Not on us.

25 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

The 49ers qb is **** made and was too scared to come back in. Also their RAT coach didn’t challenge the play so who cares if he did or didn’t catch a pass? Not on us.

I wouldn't go that far, after evaluation, it could turn out Purdy needs Tommy John surgery.

Shanahan is an idiot.  If the guy who didn't make the catch is so adamant to rush the next play, you throw the flag without seeing a replay.

4 hours ago, The Norseman said:

I don't think I've ever seen a game unfold this this one did.  The 49ers were physically and emotionally destroyed by halftime.  They could literally do nothing but limp through the second half to get to the end of the game.  Unbelievable. 

Clowns injured their own man with a dirty take down :lol:

12 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

Clowns injured their own man with a dirty take down :lol:

I totally lost all respect for the entire 49er staff and players. Cheap shot artists- without the art!

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Somebody got....OWNED. 😂

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

But I know you won't let it go, so here you go.

49er's coach too stupid to challenge it. 🤣

5 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

49er's coach too stupid to challenge it. 🤣

The "expedited" review should've overturned it actually, it was clear as day. Just another head turn for the eagles that day

53 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

are you dumb, he has a serious injury, did you watch the game, smh

Anyone that knows where I can get an archive of the season radio broadcasts (all Eagles, all Chiefs and any Westwood One), please send me the link. 

3 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

Now I've seen everything. Bunch of Cry babies.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/no-eagles-tackle-lane-johnson-151235411.html

No, Eagles right tackle Lane Johnson wasn't false starting vs. 49ers

Adam Hermann
Mon, January 30, 2023 at 10:45 AM EST

Let's debunk the internet's Lane Johnson conspiracy theory originally appeared on NBC Sports Philadelphia

The Eagles were so dominant Sunday afternoon against the 49ers that some football fans and analysts are scrambling for explanations.

One that has bubbled up to the surface of the cesspool that is the internet: Lane Johnson was constantly false starting vs. San Francisco.

Yes, seriously.

Former Eagles linebacker and current tepid take artist Emmanuel Acho asked the question on Twitter:

An ultra slow-mo video from some whiny Giants fan racked up a cool 330,000 views:

And if you scroll through the comments (I'd warn against it, but live your life) you'll find football fans agreeing with the assessment.

Except... it's not a penalty. It just looks like one when you slow a video all the way down, which is not how the referees are seeing it and not how it's actually happening in real life.

"Watch Kelce start to squeeze and slide the ball. They're simultaneous. Some guys just have a fast-twitch. The ball's definitely moving, and Lane's moving at the same time."

Just because something looks like a penalty in ultra slow-motion doesn't mean it's actually a penalty, particularly when the referees are judging it in real time.

Don't you think opposing players would be losing their minds if they thought a guy was getting away with something on every single snap? They're not. Micah Parsons, who had to go against Johnson twice this season, spent Sunday night praising him to high heaven for his performance.

And don't you think we'd see these guys get dinged with a flag every once in a while if they were regularly false starting? Johnson was flagged twice across 974 snaps this season. Doesn't seem like referees view this fast get-off as a problem, which means it's not a problem.

Salty fans will stay salty, so this likely isn't the last you'll hear of these complaints. But it's a nothing-burger. We're on to the Super Bowl.

Now do McGlinchey... Because he did the same thing and the refs called it the same both ways. No penalty.

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

I wouldn't go that far, after evaluation, it could turn out Purdy needs Tommy John surgery.

Shanahan is an idiot.  If the guy who didn't make the catch is so adamant to rush the next play, you throw the flag without seeing a replay.

As I've said a few times Shannahan is a choke artist of a coach. He manages to F it up some how 

Archived