Super Bowl LVII lead up: Chiefs vs Eagles February 12, 2023

VaBeach_Eagle

8 hours ago, vaeagle2 said:

is that clown collinsworth calling the game? can't stand that blow hard

No. It's the same crew as yesterday. 

11 hours ago, proveagle said:

If the Eagles play smart, physical football like they have the last two weeks I like them against anyone in the league including the Chiefs.

I like the Eagles Oline over the Chiefs Dline.

I like the Eagles Dline over the Chiefs Oline.

I want to see them feast on Mahomes and run it down their throats.

That about sums it up.

Not apples to apples but I think that a bunch of our young guys have big game experience playing for all the marbles in the SEC helps at least a little 

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

We really are. And the exciting thing is it's a young roster with a core that should be here for a number of years. But a lot can change quickly in the NFL so let's just enjoy the next 2 weeks. 

I think we have quietly been the best team in the nfl all year. I say that because I think as fans we didn't quite want to believe it, and the the media didn't seem to want to give the team the full credit.

Which suits us fine, play angry and hungry.

Now this doesn't mean they win the Super bowl, but they have a great shot.

A really great shot.

Going into Sunday's game, Brock Purdy was Tom Brady and the 49er's defense (who we put 31 points on) was better than the 85 Bears. Now that we won, Purdy is a 4th string garbage rookie and the Niners defense is trash. Also apparently not only is Mahomes better than Brady ever was, he's also apparently never lost a football game. 

Honestly though, I prefer it this way. If the national media was singing our praises and picking us to win, it would be way too weird and would make me nervous. 

14 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Going into Sunday's game, Brock Purdy was Tom Brady and the 49er's defense (who we put 31 points on) was better than the 85 Bears. Now that we won, Purdy is a 4th string garbage rookie and the Niners defense is trash. Also apparently not only is Mahomes better than Brady ever was, he's also apparently never lost a football game. 

Honestly though, I prefer it this way. If the national media was singing our praises and picking us to win, it would be way too weird and would make me nervous. 

Isn't it amazing how quickly the national media and opposing teams fans pivot and/or deflect when we hand their asses to them? 

We saw this earlier in the season when we trashed the Cowboys and exposed Cooper Rush. 

15 hours ago, Swoop said:

Whoever it is, it'll be tough.

Fly Eagles Fly. One more for number two!

I'd like to dispel a common myth, especially amongst Cowgirls' fans: This will be the *5th* Eagles NFL Championship, "ring" if you like, tying us with America's Team (sic). Rub it in their faces, along with how long they've been a non-factor, and watch the hilarity ensue.

(And I know what you meant, Swoop.)

39 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Also apparently not only is Mahomes better than Brady ever was, he's also apparently never lost a football game. 

Cleary these same people missed SB 55 !!!!!

18 minutes ago, kiwinavega said:

In case anyone is interested, I just had a peek at the Chiefs message board. Pretty interesting once you filter out the usual homer BS https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=347246

This guy actually makes a good point on page 13

Side note: KC is 5-0 vs the NFC and has outscored them 179-95. They've scored 40+ in three of the five. Averaged 36 ppg and allowed 19 ppg.

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Some of the more thoughtful posters also recognise thay Haason Reddick is a match-up nightmare, it's quite interesting

There are so many story lines in this game with it being Andy Reid and the Eagles. I bet the NFL powers to be are ecstatic.

42 minutes ago, Birdman said:

Isn't it amazing how quickly the national media and opposing teams fans pivot and/or deflect when we hand their asses to them? 

We saw this earlier in the season when we trashed the Cowboys and exposed Cooper Rush. 

I was just thinking of Rush. 

2 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Not asking to be a wise guy. But what does it matter? Just who calls the coin flip?

I wouldn't think you were being a wise guy (Wise Guys was a good show, by the way), the reason it mattered to me may be a bit silly, but I just wanted to get the thread title correct.

Chiefs vs. Eagles (Eagles as Home Team), vs. Eagles vs. Chiefs (Eagles as Away Team). 

That was the only reason I was asking. 

1 hour ago, jsdarkstar said:

The chiefs only put up 23 against the Bengals. 

Eagles 34
Chiefs 20

:Eagle_smiley:

Can def see this. We out last them and wear them out 2nd half

19 minutes ago, kiwinavega said:

Some of the more thoughtful posters also recognise thay Haason Reddick is a match-up nightmare, it's quite interesting

Same

5 hours ago, EaglesAddict said:

Isn't it the home team that gets to choose what uni's they'll wear?  I imagine the Eagles will go with the green jerseys

Yes, in LII, the Patriots wanted to wear their white uniforms, so the Eagles got to wear green. 

I wish we had Kelly Green as an option right now, and Lurie would have them wear those. 

29 minutes ago, downundermike said:

They played nfc west + bucs. Not exactly a murderous row

2 hours ago, Swimm said:

Chiefs fans on their forum already pulling out the same talking points the 49ers did

"Eagles played no one"

True, they did play a Giants squad with the worst playmakers in the league and a 49er's team without a QB...that Mahomes chump is in trouble, solid post

Archived