Super Bowl LVII lead up: Chiefs vs Eagles February 12, 2023

VaBeach_Eagle

I have learned to love you crazy, brash, and sometimes rude Eagles fans. First and foremost, I am a college football fan, growing up and living in south like many have said, there religion and football and not always in the that order.

I grew up in Atlanta as a Falcons fan, but they have crushed my soul so many times, I decided to pull for Eagles when y'all drafted Hurts, and then Smith and Dickerson since I am an Alabama Alumni. I mean I will always hope the Falcons do well, but really, who thinks they can sustain a winning franchise?

I love y'alls passion and fire for your team. Whether they are winning or losing, you are right there at the heights of celebration or disgust and aren't afraid to show it or say it. Your message board posters hold nothing back, no one is afraid to get in mud and I love it.

TBH, y'all are just like college football fans and I mean that as an ultimate compliment! I went Bama during the losing years, saw some winning in the early 90's, then we will off the map until Saban arrived 17 years ago. No matter what, we all support our Bama Boys, go to games, sign the fight song, cheer for every 1st down, and can't wait until the next game. I absolutely see that in your fan base. Y'all are great fans, don't ever stop being you!

I hope one day I will be able to get up to Philly and attend a game there! I know I may have pissed some of you off earlier on when I was defending Hurts in his 1st and 2nd year, but that was due to my passion, the Bama passion, we have for our guys, and I am sure you of all fans in the NFL can appreciate it!!

FLY EAGLES FLY

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Couldn't agree more. We went about things because people didn't give us the respect we deserved. That's fine. It's a philly thing.

We all we got we all we need 

2 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

Where's the Surround Sound? 

Apparently there are speakers in the chair and on the wall behind them. 

23 hours ago, Procus said:

I'm not feeling good about this one.  Eagles have never beaten Reid since he left the team.  Sure hope I'm wrong like I was about Siri and Hurts.

This is not the same team that lost to Reid before. I’m not saying we’re going to win the game (because it’s going to take a lot of effort), but I know our guys can do it. Play hard/play smart and we can bring home our second trophy. 

This might be old news for some, but I just read an article that Siposs said his ankle is good to go for the Super Bowl. Hopefully we can work him out this week to test it out. If he can be 100%, I think he’s a definite upgrade over Kern. I trust the Eagles to make the right call, but I’d be more comfortable with Siposs’s ability to get the punt off quicker and pin the ball inside the 20. 

Good Morning Football pointed out that people shouldn't think this is some revenge game for Andy Reid.  They parted ways with respect.  Lurie in his PC about firing Reid said he'll be back someday to be entered into the Eagles HOF.  People want drama, but Reid recommended Doug to the Eagles and they have a good relationship.

However, 

When Reid took over he fired Sirianni!  So it's Siri's revenge game!  :lol:

12 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Good Morning Football pointed out that people shouldn't think this is some revenge game for Andy Reid.  They parted ways with respect.  Lurie in his PC about firing Reid said he'll be back someday to be entered into the Eagles HOF.  People want drama, but Reid recommended Doug to the Eagles and they have a good relationship.

However, 

When Reid took over he fired Sirianni!  So it's Siri's revenge game!  :lol:

No better time to get it too!

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

No better time to get it too!

I REALLY hope that classic Andy Reid clock management comes into play.  My favorite was always calling timeout because they weren't ready, then get a delay of game penalty after the timeout because they still weren't ready.  

5 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I REALLY hope that classic Andy Reid clock management comes into play.  My favorite was always calling timeout because they weren't ready, then get a delay of game penalty after the timeout because they still weren't ready.  

I'll take as many of those as we can get.

4 hours ago, boilertiger said:

Chiefs fan here. Should be a very interesting game. 

Welcome to the EMB, I hope you'll stick around even after the Super Bowl's been completed, regardless of the outcome. 

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Welcome to the EMB, I hope you'll stick around even after the Super Bowl's been completed, regardless of the outcome. 

You are soooooooo PC lol, that IS NOT a proper Philly welcome 🙂

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

You forgot to Shill the merch link to him. 

1 minute ago, NYEagle said:

You are soooooooo PC lol, that IS NOT a proper Philly welcome 🙂

Gotta be in this role. Pre-2020 VaBeach_Eagle would have been a bit different (as was recently pointed out to me lol).

Just now, Swimm said:

You forgot to Shill the merch link to him. 

I'll give newbies a day or two to get acclimated before that! lol

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Gotta be in this role. Pre-2020 VaBeach_Eagle would have been a bit different (as was recently pointed out to me lol).

What kind of jerk pointed that out :ph34r:

5 hours ago, boilertiger said:

Chiefs fan here. Should be a very interesting game. 

5007B43C-FEEC-41FE-AD00-B2D1A2F5FBE9.jpeg

6 Degrees of Eagles Separation:  How the Eagles coaching decisions lead to an Epic Super Bowl LVII Matchup

GYI0061821563_400x400.jpeg     240px-Doug_Pederson,_Andy_Reid_and_Donov

Eagles Hire Andy

Andy brings on Doug to be QB

Eagles Fire Andy

Chiefs Hire Andy

Andy Fires Sirianni

Andy hires Doug

Eagles Hire Doug (From Andy's Recommendation)

Doug brings on Frank Reich

Eagles Win First Super Bowl

Frank Reich is hired by the Colts

Frank Hires Sirianni

Andy Wins First Super Bowl

Andy Goes to back to back Super Bowls

Eagles Fire Doug

Eagles Hire Sirianni (Frank's Recommendation)

Sirianni Faces Andy Reid in the Super Bowl 

mind-blown-gif-3.gif

3 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

Eagles Hire Andy

Andy brings on Doug to be QB

Eagles Fire Andy

Chiefs Hire Andy

Andy Fires Sirianni

Andy hires Doug

Eagles Hire Doug (From Andy's Recommendation)

Doug brings on Frank Reich

Eagles Win First Super Bowl

Frank Reich is hired by the Colts

Frank Hires Sirianni

Andy Wins First Super Bowl

Andy Goes to back to back Super Bowls

Eagles Fire Doug

Eagles Hire Sirianni (Frank's Recommendation)

Sirinnai Faces Andy Reid in the Super Bowl 

mind-blown-gif-3.gif

I think it's hilarious that the chargers keep hiring crap for head coaches but keep letting their offensive minds go and the eagles keep going to super bowls with them. 

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Wow. They really have become the 40 Whiners. 

3 hours ago, Columbus Eagle said:

This might be old news for some, but I just read an article that Siposs said his ankle is good to go for the Super Bowl. Hopefully we can work him out this week to test it out. If he can be 100%, I think he’s a definite upgrade over Kern. I trust the Eagles to make the right call, but I’d be more comfortable with Siposs’s ability to get the punt off quicker and pin the ball inside the 20. 

He wasn’t that good, but he’ll be better than kern, bet the chiefs block a punt

2 hours ago, olsilverhair said:

He wasn’t that good, but he’ll be better than kern, bet the chiefs block a punt

Despite the punt that hit the wire and wasnt really his fault, he was part of two huge plays. One was getting the punt off out of our endzone, the other was the penalty. His punts sucks but i would keep him for the SB.

Archived