Super Bowl LVII lead up: Chiefs vs Eagles February 12, 2023

VaBeach_Eagle

46 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

I really like the Eagles' chances in this one.

I’m a natural worry wart. I may need you to occasionally post "Stay the course” and " The Eagles are going to win”. 

Worked 5 years ago, keep that going. ;) 

7 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I’m a natural worry wart. I may need you to occasionally post "Stay the course” and " The Eagles are going to win”. 

Worked 5 years ago, keep that going. ;) 

You can count on me Joe.

3 hours ago, MisterGreen said:

Reading some of those posts, they sound like a bunch of 12-year-olds.

I have gone there once or twice. Totally agreed on your assessment. They seem like an entitled bunch. Like Andy Reid is one of the best thing that has happened to your franchise and if they don't agree with a playcall out come the fat jokes and say how he should be fired. It's laughable. 

The crazy thing abut Andy is that he rebuilt 2 franchises from almost nothing.

The Chiefs had 3 playoff wins in 40+ years and 2 of those came in Joe Montana's 2 seasons.

He has 11 in 10 years so far.

He did the same thing here in completely changing the culture of the organization.

Love the guy.

Lets destroy his team but give him a big hug after the game.

1 hour ago, LacesOut said:

Yep, he can be adventurous with the ball. Sometimes if works, sometimes it doesn’t. I can see the Eagles getting an INT. Maybe even a fumble too from him.

And welcome to the Board. It’s always good to have a neutral fan here, to bring a different, rational perspective.

Much appreciated. I know Eagles fans get a bad rap because of a few knuckleheads but every fanbase has those. I have had nothing but great interactions with Eagles fans.

Even though I'm a Broncos fan, I follow the entire league. And being able to discuss other teams with other fans is always a part of fanhood that I enjoy. Plus, the Broncos haven't been exactly enjoyable to talk about lately, so, talking about other teams is a nice break.

Easy win, 10 points. Sweep the leg first series, that’s a wrap.

12 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Easy win, 10 points. Sweep the leg first series, that’s a wrap.

WTF ??  You wanna win with a cheap shot on Mahomes ??

F that.  I want Hurts to outduel Mahomes just like Foles did with Brady.

We already have a bunch of nonsense because the 9ers had no QB, don't want to taint a Super Bowl win by beating Chad Henne.

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

We already have a bunch of nonsense because the 9ers had no QB, don't want to taint a Super Bowl win by beating Chad Henne.

Obviously a joke Jesus Christ 

2 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Obviously a joke Jesus Christ 

Well, you are the same guy who called Purdy a **** even though he completely tore his UCL and needs Tommy John surgery.

27 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Well, you are the same guy who called Purdy a **** even though he completely tore his UCL and needs Tommy John surgery.

Brees had 10 broken ribs, Rivers a torn acl 

7 hours ago, kiwinavega said:

In case anyone is interested, I just had a peek at the Chiefs message board. Pretty interesting once you filter out the usual homer BS https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=347246

Most of the posters are really confident and are not giving the Eagles much credit with their success this regular season and in the playoffs.  The comparison to the 2018-2019 Ravens is inaccurate and ridiculous.  This poster keeps it more real.

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/buttons/viewpost.gif
The 2018-2019 Ravens team is getting a little underrated because of how their season ended.

They had a really good OL. Their running backs were really productive in that system. Mark Andrews was/is really good.

The WRs weren’t the best, but that system didn’t really rely on them.

I would argue that the OLs were at least about even (especially with Lane Johnson fighting an injury). Ravens had better backs. I’d also take Andrews over Goedert.

Eagles have a huge advantage at WR though.

that team was really good and they played their style/system well, but the philosophy of it and their lack of playmakers on offense definitely capped their ceiling on offense. The eagles dont have the same issue. They have the elite OL/TE/RB play ON TOP of having two elite receivers. This team is a different beast.

All i know is this Chiefs team is nowhere as good as the 2017 Pats, who we beat with a much worse defense.

5 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

The run game and the defensive line is going to win this game.  Control the ball, keep Mahomes on the bench as much as possible and run the ball down KC's throat.  Sanders, Gainwell and Scott should all get touches and Hurts every now and then.  

The defensive line is going to be a nightmare for Mahomes.  

Eagles 34 KC 20

that's what they have to do, that's why we got here, actually alot of teams that have ran the ball more have won more than passing, that's why we blew the sb in 05 because andy got pass happy and didnt run the ball enough, they could have easily beaten them, we have to keep the best qbs off the field.

FWIW - The Chiefs also have a worse SoS and SoV than the Eagles. (not as terrible as the 49ers)

They played 8 games vs teams with 10+ losses. The Eagles played 5

They did play the Bengals 2x, the Bills, and the 49ers and they went 2-2.

In common games the Chiefs were 6-1 and the Eagles were 6-0. (Chiefs lost to the Colts and played the Jags 2x)

There is no schedule advantage for a supposed extra battle tested KC.

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

That does not mean he could not throw, it means yes he would be in alot of pain, of course you could not go an entire season like that, but in the NFC championship game you have to deal with it and throw maybe 20 more passes and deal with the pain, I tore my  ligament many years ago throwing, I could still throw the ball, it was almost vomit inducing pain  but still could throw

We’re better than the Chiefs at every position group except QB and TE. 

And we all know AR will pass, pass, pass and has trouble making adjustments, especially in a big game. We should have no problem moving the ball against their defense. 

5 hours ago, downundermike said:

Mahomes has a career interception percentage of 1.6, Hurts is 1.8, and Mahomes has thrown 1253 more passes.  You would expect him to have a higher percentage than Hurts with so many more attempts.

Actually, you would expect that number to continually decrease as a player improves with experience. 

I have watched almost every Andy Reid game while he was the Eagles coach. He is going to blow his timeout management. 

I feel like we have everything we need to win. Just play our game. 

7 hours ago, downundermike said:

There's no such thing as a tainted Super Bowl win when we were cheated out of one.

12 hours ago, Broncos72 said:

Broncos fan here. New to these boards. Been living in the Philly area for a while now and have some extended family and friends who are diehard Eagles fans. Love that Philly is such a passionate sports town, especially when it comes to football. I enjoy conversing with knowledgable fans of other teams and Eagles fans are definitely that. Just wanted to congratulate you all and hope you beat the hell out of KC in 2 weeks.

Welcome to the board, I hope you'll stick around after the Super Bowl is complete and bring some Broncos discussions to the board.

When we were the official Eagles message board (on the official Eagles website), we had many fans from many teams. After we split off from the official site (not by choice), we lost a lot of opposing team fans. Probably because they weren't around in April, since there was no football. 

My favorite Broncos-Eagles memory is from September 1992... Broncos 0 Eagles 30. It wasn't on TV where I live but we had a C Band dish (this is before NFL Sunday Ticket), so I got to watch it that way. We had a Denver channel, so I was able to watch the Denver news reports on the game too, which was fun for me. 

13 hours ago, RunItBAck said:

none of that going on here 😉

Welcome to the board! Glad to have you with us. 

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Welcome to the board, I hope you'll stick around after the Super Bowl is complete and bring some Broncos discussions to the board.

When we were the official Eagles message board (on the official Eagles website), we had many fans from many teams. After we split off from the official site (not by choice), we lost a lot of opposing team fans. Probably because they weren't around in April, since there was no football. 

My favorite Broncos-Eagles memory is from September 1992... Broncos 0 Eagles 30. It wasn't on TV where I live but we had a C Band dish (this is before NFL Sunday Ticket), so I got to watch it that way. We had a Denver channel, so I was able to watch the Denver news reports on the game too, which was fun for me. 

Thank you. 

I will definitely stick around. I'm a football 24/7/365 guy. Football is my favorite sport and I can talk it year round. And to me, the draft is like what Christmas was to me as a kids. I watch every minute, and have since 1995.

And I remember that 1992 game. Elway and the offense could not do anything. That Eagles defense was dominant. Reggie White is still, to this day, the greatest DE I've ever got to see play in over 30 years of watching football. 

My favorite game was in 1998. Bubby Brister played in place of an injured Elway and the Broncos just rode Terrell Davis and the run game to a 41-16 win. It was 28-0 after the first quarter and the Broncos just coasted.

It's funny, with the exception of the 2009 game, the Eagles Broncos games are typically one sided with the winning team beating the other by at least 17 points going back to that 1992 game.

Archived