Super Bowl LVII lead up: Chiefs vs Eagles February 12, 2023

VaBeach_Eagle

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

Going into Sunday's game, Brock Purdy was Tom Brady and the 49er's defense (who we put 31 points on) was better than the 85 Bears. Now that we won, Purdy is a 4th string garbage rookie and the Niners defense is trash. Also apparently not only is Mahomes better than Brady ever was, he's also apparently never lost a football game. 

Honestly though, I prefer it this way. If the national media was singing our praises and picking us to win, it would be way too weird and would make me nervous. 

That would be a valid argument if Purdy even played 

6 minutes ago, RunItBAck said:

none of that going on here 😉

None of us can help that, fandom is as fandom does!

Broncos fan here. New to these boards. Been living in the Philly area for a while now and have some extended family and friends who are diehard Eagles fans. Love that Philly is such a passionate sports town, especially when it comes to football. I enjoy conversing with knowledgable fans of other teams and Eagles fans are definitely that. Just wanted to congratulate you all and hope you beat the hell out of KC in 2 weeks.

27 minutes ago, MisterGreen said:

Reading some of those posts, they sound like a bunch of 12-year-olds.

Meh.  Same same.  I got bored after 4 pages. Didn't see anything substantive beyond the basic big pass rush and need to handle our run (both on point).

Definitely buying into the we didnt play anyone storyline.  You know never mind that we ran all over the best run D in the NFL.  Like literally ran over them.  

15 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Mahomes was 0-3 vs. Burrow going into today. 

5 hours ago, Birdman said:

That's extremely easy to forget about at times, when you look around the league and realize how much of a joke some other teams are. 

And I think a lot of us, myself included, forget that when we have a rough time. We have a great owner and Howie has, for the most part, done a good job. He's made mistakes, he's had bad years but overall this team is consistently competitive. 

3 hours ago, gregbwfc1 said:

I think we have quietly been the best team in the nfl all year. I say that because I think as fans we didn't quite want to believe it, and the the media didn't seem to want to give the team the full credit.

Which suits us fine, play angry and hungry.

Now this doesn't mean they win the Super bowl, but they have a great shot.

A really great shot.

Oh we were the best team in the NFL no doubt. We didn't believe it at first as we were waiting for the bubble to burst but we continued to deliver Week in and week out. And in the play offs we have been dominant.

3 hours ago, Birdman said:

Isn't it amazing how quickly the national media and opposing teams fans pivot and/or deflect when we hand their asses to them? 

We saw this earlier in the season when we trashed the Cowboys and exposed Cooper Rush. 

Exactly. Eagles have seemingly flown under the radar all year despite meeting every hurdle thrown at them.

Being in the UK I don't see all the media reporting you guys do, but what we do get (PFT, etc.), not many pundits seem to give the Eagles their dues.

Pretty sure our Sky sports anchorman over here hates the Eagles. 

And I love it 😁.

Bring it on.

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh we were the best team in the NFL no doubt. We didn't believe it at first as we were waiting for the bubble to burst but we continued to deliver Week in and week out. And in the play offs we have been dominant.

Yep, just quietly going about their business. 

One more game bud, one more game 👍

5 hours ago, Birdman said:

That's why Howie is the best at what he does. 

As a fanbase, we're extremely lucky to having a front office and owner that are dedicated to winning and putting a premier product on the field. 

That's extremely easy to forget about at times, when you look around the league and realize how much of a joke some other teams are

Next year I would not be surprised same NFC and AFC matchups

The run game and the defensive line is going to win this game.  Control the ball, keep Mahomes on the bench as much as possible and run the ball down KC's throat.  Sanders, Gainwell and Scott should all get touches and Hurts every now and then.  

The defensive line is going to be a nightmare for Mahomes.  

Eagles 34 KC 20

1 minute ago, birdman#12 said:

The run game and the defensive line is going to win this game.  Control the ball, keep Mahomes on the bench as much as possible and run the ball down KC's throat.  Sanders, Gainwell and Scott should all get touches and Hurts every now and then.  

Eagles 34 KC 20

Absolutely agree 1000%, said the same exact thing!

4 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

Absolutely agree 1000%, said the same exact thing!

Me too. My thoughts exactly.

KC is really good, but it appears to me that they are leaking a bit of oil, and the Eagles can expose that.

10 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

Eagles 34 KC 20

Agreed, on all counts. We all know how much AR loves passing the ball, his history with **** time management, so we have use that to our advantage. 

Ball control, work the clock and let the defense grind them down. 

Kermit will probably only be 75-80% in two weeks as those high ankle sprains are a **** to recover from. It would be foolish for Gannon not to test him since he'll likely overcompensate resulting into his backyard QB -hero ball routine. 

Mahomes also has a tendency to make foolish decisions with the ball. His no look passes, underhanded throws...because it sometimes works, he gets careless and it costs him. I saw him do that and throw 3 picks against the Broncos this year, including 2 picks by our LB Jewell. And the Eagles defense is opportunistic and will pounce on those mistakes. 

And if KC struggles to run the ball, I can see Mahomes trying to get cute with some of his throws.

2 minutes ago, Broncos72 said:

Mahomes also has a tendency to make foolish decisions with the ball. His no look passes, underhanded throws...because it sometimes works, he gets careless and it costs him. I saw him do that and throw 3 picks against the Broncos this year, including 2 picks by our LB Jewell. And the Eagles defense is opportunistic and will pounce on those mistakes. 

And if KC struggles to run the ball, I can see Mahomes trying to get cute with some of his throws.

That's just the thing, right? It can lead to a close game/loss or it can let him go off for 4 passing TDs. 

He can be a wildcard, but he's a damn good one. 

Welcome.

5 minutes ago, Swoop said:

That's just the thing, right? It can lead to a close game/loss or it can let him go off for 4 passing TDs. 

He can be a wildcard, but he's a damn good one. 

Welcome.

Yeah, Mahomes has some gunslinger in him. It almost reminds me a little bit of Favre.

And thanks.

I'm not feeling good about this one.  Eagles have never beaten Reid since he left the team.  Sure hope I'm wrong like I was about Siri and Hurts.

6 minutes ago, Procus said:

I'm not feeling good about this one.  Eagles have never beaten Reid since he left the team.  Sure hope I'm wrong like I was about Siri and Hurts.

Mahomes  never beat the Burrow led  Bengals...until...

27 minutes ago, Broncos72 said:

Yep, he can be adventurous with the ball. Sometimes if works, sometimes it doesn’t. I can see the Eagles getting an INT. Maybe even a fumble too from him.

And welcome to the Board. It’s always good to have a neutral fan here, to bring a different, rational perspective.

24 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Yep, he can be adventurous with the ball. Sometimes if works, sometimes it doesn’t. I can see the Eagles getting an INT. Maybe even a fumble too from him.

And welcome to the Board. It’s always good to have a neutral fan here, to bring a different, rational perspective.

Mahomes has a career interception percentage of 1.6, Hurts is 1.8, and Mahomes has thrown 1253 more passes.  You would expect him to have a higher percentage than Hurts with so many more attempts.

Archived