Super Bowl LVII lead up: Chiefs vs Eagles February 12, 2023

VaBeach_Eagle

7 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I think it's hilarious that the chargers keep hiring crap for head coaches but keep letting their offensive minds go and the eagles keep going to super bowls with them. 

Well, if we win, a Charger will get a Super Bowl ring... Dicker the Kicker. The closest that the Chargers will ever come to getting a ring. 

Is anyone seeing ????????? in the title of this thread instead of the Chiefs?

I was thinking about this earlier, but in terms of recent Super Bowl experiences, the Eagles have gone from the frozen tundra of Minneapolis, now to the deserts of Arizona. Nearly polar opposites lol

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Is anyone seeing ????????? in the title of this thread instead of the Chiefs?

No, I see the change of Chiefs in the title as opposed to the original question marks. 

52 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Almost died celebrating a Super Bowl and smiling about it! It’s a Philly thing!

93E80643-FDAF-4B94-A005-3F4A149E314D.jpeg

was she on the bus stop

59 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

No, I see the change of Chiefs in the title as opposed to the original question marks. 

Ok, good. At least one person was still seeing the question marks. 

14 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Wow. They really have become the 40 Whiners. 

I've honestly never had any beef with 49ers fans or team. I've been to San Francisco, it's a cool city too.   But after this loss they remind me of the Cowboys fans a little.  They are upset both of their QB's got knocked out the game.  I get it but Purdy got hurt on a routine strip and their backup wasn't good.  That's not the Eagles fault their QB situation was a mess this year and that came back to bite them in the NFC Championship.  The reason you are even playing a 3rd String Rookie is because your QB situation wasn't good.  But they decided to ride with him because he was winning.  There were plenty of QB's out there they could have got on the roster when Jimmy and Trey went down.  They choose to stay with a Rookie and Journey Man Josh. That's a huge risk to put everything on a 3rd String Rookie.  They should of have had a better contingency plan because injuries to QB's happen.  It was unfortunate but the Eagles shouldn't apologize for playing good Defense.   Again not the Eagles fault.  With that said, this Pass Rush has already become one of the Best in NFL History.  He was going to be pressured all day long regardless.

19 hours ago, KINGnabb said:

6 Degrees of Eagles Separation:  How the Eagles coaching decisions lead to an Epic Super Bowl LVII Matchup

GYI0061821563_400x400.jpeg     240px-Doug_Pederson,_Andy_Reid_and_Donov

Eagles Hire Andy

Andy brings on Doug to be QB

Eagles Fire Andy

Chiefs Hire Andy

Andy Fires Sirianni

Andy hires Doug

Eagles Hire Doug (From Andy's Recommendation)

Doug brings on Frank Reich

Eagles Win First Super Bowl

Frank Reich is hired by the Colts

Frank Hires Sirianni

Andy Wins First Super Bowl

Andy Goes to back to back Super Bowls

Eagles Fire Doug

Eagles Hire Sirianni (Frank's Recommendation)

Sirianni Faces Andy Reid in the Super Bowl 

mind-blown-gif-3.gif

Daboll and Sirianni were both on that Chiefs staff. 

Todd Haley is one of the most toxic coaches in recent history but Nick probably owes his NFL career to him.

8 hours ago, KINGnabb said:

I've honestly never had any beef with 49ers fans or team. I've been to San Francisco, it's a cool city too.   But after this loss they remind me of the Cowboys fans a little.  They are upset both of their QB's got knocked out the game.  I get it but Purdy got hurt on a routine strip and their backup wasn't good.  That's not the Eagles fault their QB situation was a mess this year and that came back to bite them in the NFC Championship.  The reason you are even playing a 3rd String Rookie is because your QB situation wasn't good.  But they decided to ride with him because he was winning.  There were plenty of QB's out there they could have got on the roster when Jimmy and Trey went down.  They choose to stay with a Rookie and Journey Man Josh. That's a huge risk to put everything on a 3rd String Rookie.  They should of have had a better contingency plan because injuries to QB's happen.  It was unfortunate but the Eagles shouldn't apologize for playing good Defense.   Again not the Eagles fault.  With that said, this Pass Rush has already become one of the Best in NFL History.  He was going to be pressured all day long regardless.

They should be proud of their accomplishments. How many teams would have made it as far as they did on their 3rd string QB

9 minutes ago, West_Philly said:

They should be proud of their accomplishments. How many teams would have made it as far as they did on their 3rd string QB

I agree 49ers had an amazing year.  12 game winning streak into playoffs with a rookie was a crazy run.  Which is why Kyle was nominated for Coach of the year.  They did have some some bad luck this year to lose 4 QBs to injury.  

1 minute ago, barho said:

Maybe I should have made my post here.....

Won season ticket holder lottery and heading out for the game.  Cant wait!

Both places work. Please post any pics/videos that you care to share, when all is said and done. 

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Both places work. Please post any pics/videos that you care to share, when all is said and done. 

In fact, Anyone that goes to the game or wishes to do videos watching the game or God willing, celebrating, and you wish to give the board the right to use the videos, I'll put them on our YouTube channel. 

5 minutes ago, homerpat said:

Way too many people despise our fan base to cheer for us

Yep. When the image was made for our last Super Bowl, I knew the overwhelming green was because we were playing NE. No way that graphic looked the same had we played the Jags.

5 hours ago, West_Philly said:

'91 Eagles, one of the best defenses in history, #1 straight across the board.....10-6 record, 6 different QB's after Cunningham got Paup'd in game 1....didn't make the playoffs.  Ugh!

5 hours ago, homerpat said:

Way too many people despise our fan base to cheer for us

4 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Yep. When the image was made for our last Super Bowl, I knew the overwhelming green was because we were playing NE. No way that graphic looked the same had we played the Jags.

It was a joke on NFL Memes (hence the "based on literally zero data).  I'm sure a real one would either be balanced or majority KC.

On 1/30/2023 at 4:35 PM, Procus said:

I'm not feeling good about this one.  Eagles have never beaten Reid since he left the team.  Sure hope I'm wrong like I was about Siri and Hurts.

True, but I don't think our team has ever been this good since he left the team either.  Some Eagle fans thought he was an idiot when he was our coach, and wanted him gone long before Lurie fired him.  It would be a little goofy if some of those same people are scared of him now

2 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

True, but I don't think our team has ever been this good since he left the team either.  Some Eagle fans thought he was an idiot when he was our coach, and wanted him gone long before Lurie fired him.  It would be a little goofy if some of those same people are scared of him now

I never wanted the Eagles to fire Reid.  Looking back, the team did him a favor.  Reid was getting stale here and was too caught up in the coaches fraternity thing which caused him all sorts of problems when he hired Howard Mudd to coach the OL and Jim Washburn the DL.  His playbook was stale too.  Moving on to KC allowed him to reinvent himself.

1 minute ago, Procus said:

I never wanted the Eagles to fire Reid.  Looking back, the team did him a favor.  Reid was getting stale here and was too caught up in the coaches fraternity thing which caused him all sorts of problems when he hired Howard Mudd to coach the OL and Jim Washburn the DL.  His playbook was stale too.  Moving on to KC allowed him to reinvent himself.

I didn't either, but in hindsight, it did both of us a favor. Though, we've had three different coaches since firing him and he's been rock steady in K.C., but at least two of those three coaches took us to a Super Bowl (with both potentially winning said Super Bowls). 

In this century, the Eagles have had 4 head coaches, with a playoff record of 16-12 and three of the 4 have taken us to the Super Bowl. The Cowboys have had 5 head coaches in this century with a playoff record of 4-9 and haven't advanced past the divisional round since 1995.

Archived