Super Bowl LVII lead up: Chiefs vs Eagles February 12, 2023

VaBeach_Eagle

11 minutes ago, Broncos72 said:

Thank you. 

I will definitely stick around. I'm a football 24/7/365 guy. Football is my favorite sport and I can talk it year round. And to me, the draft is like what Christmas was to me as a kids. I watch every minute, and have since 1995.

And I remember that 1992 game. Elway and the offense could not do anything. That Eagles defense was dominant. Reggie White is still, to this day, the greatest DE I've ever got to see play in over 30 years of watching football. 

My favorite game was in 1998. Bubby Brister played in place of an injured Elway and the Broncos just rode Terrell Davis and the run game to a 41-16 win. It was 28-0 after the first quarter and the Broncos just coasted.

It's funny, with the exception of the 2009 game, the Eagles Broncos games are typically one sided with the winning team beating the other by at least 17 points going back to that 1992 game.

The Dawk game

25 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

The Dawk game

I was there for that one. Going to that game allowed me to complete my collection of seeing every NFL team live at least one time. 

Andy is 3-0 against the Birds since leaving.  Patrick isn't 100% but two weeks will help his mobility and ankle.   Chiefs are a good team, I just believe we are slightly better.  This Pass Rush is going to be a problem for Patrick all day.  Also the Chief Defense is not going to be able to stop Jalen or this running game.   I believe the Birds win by two scores.   

9 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

We’re better than the Chiefs at every position group except QB and TE. 

And we all know AR will pass, pass, pass and has trouble making adjustments, especially in a big game. We should have no problem moving the ball against their defense. 

I'd say off ball LB and DT are a wash.  DT we have a better rotation but they have the best DT in the game right now.  Chris Jones is the one guy who could wreck this game for Eagles.  Seumalo has a history of disastrous games against elite DT's and Dickerson is banged up.

37 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

Andy is 3-0 against the Birds since leaving.  Patrick isn't 100% but two weeks will help his mobility and ankle.   Chiefs are a good team, I just believe we are slightly better.  This Pass Rush is going to be a problem for Patrick all day.  Also the Chief Defense is not going to be able to stop Jalen or this running game.   I believe the Birds win by two scores.   

I actually think the eagles will air it out a bunch.  Chiefs are the 16th ranked defense vs the pass and 8th against the run.  Eagles defense needs to keep them out of the end zone - chiefs are ranked 1 in points and yards….it’s gonna be all about getting off the field.  

12 minutes ago, DBW said:

I actually think the eagles will air it out a bunch.  Chiefs are the 16th ranked defense vs the pass and 8th against the run.  Eagles defense needs to keep them out of the end zone - chiefs are ranked 1 in points and yards….it’s gonna be all about getting off the field.  

Chiefs run D isn't all that, they just force teams into shootouts but the metrics aren't that high on them.  It's an average to mediocre defense across the board with 1 mega star.  I expect the eagles to come out running and trapping the shite out of Jones to get his head on a swivel and keep those arms tucked out of Hurts' passing lanes.  Keep the ball away from Mahomes and set up the deep shots as game goes on.

4 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

The Dawk game

Yep. Probably the only game where it was ok to wear the opposing jersey to the Linc...as long as Dawkins name was on it.

3 minutes ago, Broncos72 said:

Yep. Probably the only game where it was ok to wear the opposing jersey to the Linc...as long as Dawkins name was on it.

There were definitely a lot of orange Dawk jerseys that day, and I don't mean from visiting Bronco fans. Our own fans had them on too.

30 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

There were definitely a lot of orange Dawk jerseys that day, and I don't mean from visiting Bronco fans. Our own fans had them on too.

Yeah that's what I meant. I remember some of my buddies wearing them.

Even though the Broncos lost, it was a good game and the love Philly gave to Dawk was incredible.

Chiefs fan here. Should be a very interesting game. 

Tremendous amount of shared history between the two franchises. 

Andy Reid coached both teams, Dick Vermiel coached both teams, Nick Sirianni was an assistant for KC, Doug Peterson was an assistant for KC, Herm Edwards was Chiefs coach and and long time Eagles player, Brett Veach was a scout for the Eagles, Carl Peterson was Director of Personel for the Eagles, part owner of Philadelphia USFL team and eventually GM/CEO for the Chiefs. 

I could go on and on. 

These are the two most well built rosters in the league IMO. The Eagles have obviously stockpiled an incredible collection of talent. Chiefs roster is very good as well and there's Mahomes. 

My sense is the Eagles have advantages just about everywhere (aside from QB) but none of the advantages are all that significant. The one exception is probably the Eagles edge rushers vs. the Chiefs tackles. Chiefs tackles are both pretty mediocre. Orlando Brown can be okay against bullrushers, but speed rushers will destroy him. If Mecole Hardman and Kadarius Toney are both unavailable, it's going to be problematic. The Chiefs offense is somewhat dependent on their ability to stretch the field horizontally. And their involvement will be key to neutralizing the Eagles pass rush. 

This game is also a horrific matchup for Chris Jones. He is an immense pass rusher, but he doesn't do zone read stuff. I am not sure that the Eagles have obvious passing situations, but if you do that's the only time Jones may have an advantage. 

Tickets are completely ridiculous so we did the next Best thing. Rented a "SB" house for the weekend. 

2ee2dcfc.f6.jpg

cc2af30e.f6.webp

3 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

I'd say off ball LB and DT are a wash.  DT we have a better rotation but they have the best DT in the game right now.  Chris Jones is the one guy who could wreck this game for Eagles.  Seumalo has a history of disastrous games against elite DT's and Dickerson is banged up.

I was comparing DL to DL so I think the Eagles have the advantage. Jones is the best DL on the field but the Eagles have so much more depth there. Also, with Reddick listed as a LB, I think the Eagles have an advantage at LB.

22 minutes ago, Broncos72 said:

Yeah that's what I meant. I remember some of my buddies wearing them.

Even though the Broncos lost, it was a good game and the love Philly gave to Dawk was incredible.

McNabb got a similar ovation the following season. Both were understandable as former icons. Dick Vermeil got a good ovation when he came back with the Rams in 1997 also. Barry Sanders is the only player I can recall, with no ties to Philly who got cheered during player intros.

If my calculations are correct, I thoroughly predict the Eagles eviscerating those Native Americans from Kansas City... 

4 hours ago, DBW said:

I Hope hurts gets it together on his long ball after what we saw on sunday...missed a few that would have been tds or long gains by overthrowing

I want to see Jalen "and Mahomes at nearly full strength. This last win against the Niners does not feel like I thought it would feel (even though I'm happy we moved on) ... I wish I felt differently, but it's less satisfying than I expected with Purdy going down so early. I don't want that same feeling if we win the Super Bowl ... I want that damn right, pound your chest, we earned it feeling dammit!!! 🙂

3 minutes ago, CTEagles said:

I Hope hurts gets it together on his long ball after what we saw on sunday...missed a few that would have been tds or long gains by overthrowing

He hasnt been right since he came back. We're gonna have to pass to set up the run. Im hoping these 2 weeks off heals jalen enough to where we get pre injury jalen back

16 hours ago, opa-opa said:

All i know is this Chiefs team is nowhere as good as the 2017 Pats, who we beat with a much worse defense.

Let's not get carried away, now. In hindsight, it took an all-time, freakish performance from Foles to keep us in that one, along with the Philly Special, Brady dropping an easy pass, and a moment of magic from Graham and Barnett. It was other-worldly, and it felt destined. This feels more like it has to be earned, in a strange way. 2017 I don't think I ever doubted any performance where we needed a win. There was something in the air, and honestly? I never, ever thought we would lose in the playoffs

Eagles win the battle at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Eagles will beat the chiefs. 

SB Champs.

:Eagle_smiley:

1 hour ago, Uscg-green said:

Tickets are completely ridiculous so we did the next Best thing. Rented a "SB" house for the weekend. 

2ee2dcfc.f6.jpg

cc2af30e.f6.webp

Where's the Surround Sound? 

1 hour ago, Rey said:

I want to see Jalen "and Mahomes at nearly full strength. This last win against the Niners does not feel like I thought it would feel (even though I'm happy we moved on) ... I wish I felt differently, but it's less satisfying than I expected with Purdy going down so early. I don't want that same feeling if we win the Super Bowl ... I want that damn right, pound your chest, we earned it feeling dammit!!! 🙂

I noticed you have 69 posts good sir.

All I can say is... nice. 

1 hour ago, EmeraldArcher7154 said:

He hasnt been right since he came back. We're gonna have to pass to set up the run. Im hoping these 2 weeks off heals jalen enough to where we get pre injury jalen back

I think he looked good divisional rd but he didn't need the deep ball that game and that's still 1 game out of 3 since his return so these 2 wks off are clutch

23 hours ago, Broncos72 said:

Broncos fan here. New to these boards. Been living in the Philly area for a while now and have some extended family and friends who are diehard Eagles fans. Love that Philly is such a passionate sports town, especially when it comes to football. I enjoy conversing with knowledgable fans of other teams and Eagles fans are definitely that. Just wanted to congratulate you all and hope you beat the hell out of KC in 2 weeks.

Welcome to the board.  I use to live across the street from Coors field for 7 years and joined the broncos board for similar reasons (non-local fan joining the local board for friendly discussion).  Found out that the dude who has John Elway tattooed on his leg was a member there :P 

We have a mix of really nice, knowledgeable fans as well as some crazies\trolls.  Take it in stride and you'll be fine.

Also one dude is an incel who humps EVERY inanimate object he can find.  Try to guess who!

22 hours ago, gregbwfc1 said:

Yep, just quietly going about their business. 

One more game bud, one more game 👍

Couldn't agree more. We went about things because people didn't give us the respect we deserved. That's fine. It's a philly thing.

Archived