EMB Fantasy Baseball League 2023

Shepard Wong

21 minutes ago, RPeeteRules said:

Pitching heavy is the way to go.  The way this league offsets the pitching scores is that there’s a limit of starts for pitchers.  I think I went pitching with my first 7 picks.

again, where the f was this post before the draft?  :nonono:   

i drafted my first SP in the 13th round. :lol:  

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

again, where the f was this post before the draft?  :nonono:   

i drafted my first SP in the 13th round. :lol:  

I thought I noted it earlier, turns out I only noted about how to maximize the number of starts a week.  My bad on that one.  I screwed up my first year in fantasy baseball too, not realizing that pitchers really outscore batters.  I think of the 30 top scorers last year, 3 were batters.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

If you look at the champs from the first two seasons of this league, they both had a good balance of offense and defense.  

I looked at your roster after you posted about pitching and I think your rotation is pretty good.  Gausman, Gallen, Ray, and Musgrove is a pretty nice top of the rotation.  I know I cursed when you took Musgrove, because I was planning to grab him that round if he made it to me.  Once you get out of the top 25-30 SPs, it's kind of a crap shoot with a group of about another 30 SPs that have high variance outputs from year to year anyway.  That's what makes those top guys special to begin with.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RPeeteRules said:

I thought I noted it earlier, turns out I only noted about how to maximize the number of starts a week.  My bad on that one.  I screwed up my first year in fantasy baseball too, not realizing that pitchers really outscore batters.  I think of the 30 top scorers last year, 3 were batters.

i'll just have to be a SP waivers hooore like i am with RB's in fantasy football. 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2023 at 8:08 PM, RPeeteRules said:

Be aware that you can get 11 starts between your pitchers per normal week (often doesn’t include first extended week, and all-star week).  If you’re below 11 starts, you can exceed 11 if anything beyond 11 is on the same day.  For example, your pitchers started 10 games through Friday.  Saturday you add pitchers starting that day, now you can start as many as you’d like, even if it gets you to 15 starts that week.

RPeete mentioned it in this post but I wanted to give our league noob a heads up that since the first match up, which starts tomorrow,  is longer than the normal 7 day match up, the limit for games started in this match up is 17.

so...what does the "S" next to the hitters' names mean?  that they're starting today?  :unsure:   

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

so...what does the "S" next to the hitters' names mean?  that they're starting today?  :unsure:   

I think it means they suck - I would bench them immediately

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

Just now, mikemack8 said:

I think it means they suck - I would bench them immediately

makes sense. i saw them when i was looking at your team. 

• Sad 1

anyway....99 problems is about to have their 100th problem when i whoop that azzz this week :flex:  

• Haha 2

sp against me gave up 4 er in 6 ip & took the loss and scored 15 fantasy points? who's the stoon that came up with this scoring system? :nonono:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

sp against me gave up 4 er in 6 ip & took the loss and scored 15 fantasy points? who's the stoon that came up with this scoring system? :nonono:

He had 3 starters today who combined for 16 pts, great for you, bad for him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

The trending on my batting line up:

image.png.45f213755933fdcc9c96061e7be83f80.png

This seems suboptimal.

On 4/3/2023 at 3:07 PM, Shepard Wong said:

I'm so sorry that happened to you.  You must feel awful.  Don't hesitate to let me know if I can help in any way.

• Haha 2

i outscored the next closest team by 105 points & have no idea what i'm doing. you guys should feel embarrassed. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Third most points scored and lost - by 5 points <_<

I trailed all week. And then loaded up on pitching for Sunday. Came down to my last pitcher. Lugo got the win and sealed the deal.

It was bittersweet though watching my Braves get torched by the Padres.

6 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

I trailed all week. And then loaded up on pitching for Sunday. Came down to my last pitcher. Lugo got the win and sealed the deal.

It was bittersweet though watching my Braves get torched by the Padres.

F you :P

• Haha 1

I got a notification that @mr_hunt put one of my pitchers on his watchlist.  How's about you add DEEZ NUTS to your watchlist, Rocky Dennis! 

• Haha 3

On 3/30/2023 at 12:43 PM, mr_hunt said:

anyway....99 problems is about to have their 100th problem when i whoop that azzz this week :flex:  

My entire pitching staff is in a slump outside of Bieber. Be gentle lol

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

My entire pitching staff is in a slump outside of Bieber. Be gentle lol

My entire pitching staff's arms are falling off. They're all ending up on IR. :lol:

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, toolg said:

My entire pitching staff's arms are falling off. They're all ending up on IR. :lol:

And yet @mr_hunt pitchers are taking turns raping my team. He must has his pitching staff on some sort of masterb***** workout regiment 😂