EMB Fantasy Baseball League 2023

Shepard Wong

I trust Mike to randomize the order.  Even if he gave himself the top pick, he'd grab some random A's player the rest of us never heard of.

22 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

I trust Mike to randomize the order.  Even if he gave himself the top pick, he'd grab some random A's player the rest of us never heard of.

I just changed it, in 6 minutes the randomized order will appear.  I will screenshot and paste, if you will check it and verify.

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I just changed it, in 6 minutes the randomized order will appear.  I will screenshot and paste, if you will check it and verify.

Sounds good.

7th pick....championship!!!

and if one of you loozahs picks tino martinez ahead of me, i'm gonna be pizzed!  :furious:

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

7th pick....championship!!!

and if one of you loozahs picks tino martinez ahead of me, i'm gonna be pizzed!  :furious:

So that's T-I-N-O...

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Jeter's Fingahs :roll: 

Who is that? Don't you all use your EMB names? Must be a noob.

is this a league where you set daily lineups to maximize games played every week to rack up points?  and what about that dude who pitches & plays dh?  will he get you points for everything he does or do you have to choose to either put him as sp or dh for the week? 

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

is this a league where you set daily lineups to maximize games played every week to rack up points?  and what about that dude who pitches & plays dh?  will he get you points for everything he does or do you have to choose to either put him as sp or dh for the week? 

You can set it each day to maximize games played. Ohtani can be used as both a pitcher or a hitter but not on the same day. If you get him, which you probably won’t unless you have the top pick, you decide each day if you want to play him as a batter or a pitcher.  I’m pretty sure he was the first pick last year and finished with a couple hundred more points than the second best player.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Yes. You can change your lineup daily. Position locks at first pitch of the game for each player. You mean Ohtani? You have to choose whether he plays Pitcher or DH for the day, and he gets the points for one or the other. 

• Thanks 1

thanks...haven't done fantasy baseball in a long time & there are so many different formats. 

and do i have to know which sp's are scheduled to start each day or does the league website show that somewhere? 

Just now, mr_hunt said:

thanks...haven't done fantasy baseball in a long time & there are so many different formats. 

and do i have to know which sp's are scheduled to start each day or does the league website show that somewhere? 

There will be a PP next to the pitchers name if they are scheduled to start that day.  If you want you can set your lineup ahead for each day of the week then check it quick the day of to see if any changes need made.  The app will alert you if a player in your starting lineup isn't starting that day so you can swap them out if you have someone else to do so with.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

You can set it each day to maximize games played. Ohtani can be used as both a pitcher or a hitter but not on the same day. If you get him, which you probably won’t unless you have the top pick, you decide each day if you want to play him as a batter or a pitcher.  I’m pretty sure he was the first pick last year and finished with a couple hundred more points than the second best player.

i was gonna list him 9th...right after the yankees' entire starting lineup. :flex:  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

The website shows each players schedule. For starting pitchers, you can usually see out for their next two projected starts. You just need to pay attention in case someone’s start gets bumped up or back for some reason.

• Thanks 1

BTW - PP stands for probable pitcher.  Didn't want you to get excited thinking there would be a picture of each dude's pecker next to his name each day @mr_hunt

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, mikemack8 said:

BTW - PP stands for probable pitcher.  Didn't want you to get excited thinking there would be a picture of each dude's pecker next to his name each day

thanks, man. if i have any questions about PP's, i know who to ask. :blush:  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/15/2023 at 3:15 PM, mr_hunt said:

Be aware that you can get 11 starts between your pitchers per normal week (often doesn’t include first extended week, and all-star week).  If you’re below 11 starts, you can exceed 11 if anything beyond 11 is on the same day.  For example, your pitchers started 10 games through Friday.  Saturday you add pitchers starting that day, now you can start as many as you’d like, even if it gets you to 15 starts that week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1