EMB Fantasy Baseball League 2023

Shepard Wong

Hi All.  Friendly reminder that our draft is this Sunday, the 26th, at noon.  If you are going to auto-draft, set your rankings, or don't.  I'm sure the default ESPN rankings and auto-draft logic will get you an awesome team.  

@jwill2420

@Shepard Wong

@downundermike

@RPeeteRules

@Iggles25

@toolg

@mikemack8

@mr_hunt

@The Blackfish

@BirdsFanBill

• Like 5

already pre-ranked my players in case i forget about the draft :lol: 

f'n jeter, rivera, mattingly, bucky dent, even jimmy f'n leyritz...my team's gonna be stacked!  :flex:  

33 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Woohoo last pick

That's not the draft order.  I just wanted to tag everyone so they saw it.  Check back a page. 

• Haha 1

pretty sure my team stinks. i had no draft strategy whatsoever...being that i don't even watch baseball. :lol:  

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

Missed it, spent the day at Longwood Gardens with my 2 year old and the in laws. Somewhat happy with my roster though. Best I could have hoped for.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Missed it, spent the day at Longwood Gardens with my 2 year old and the in laws. Somewhat happy with my roster though. Best I could have hoped for.

I think that's the choice of a reasonable adult and father.  Are you sure you belong here with the rest of us lunatics?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

I think that's the choice of a reasonable adult and father.  Are you sure you belong here with the rest of us lunatics?

I have been a part of the EMB since I was in high school. I have somehow turned into a reasonable 33 year old adult and father despite this.

Imagine how successful I would have been though if I never joined at all. Probably would be a billionaire by now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

To all you F-sticks that drafted a bunch of pitching in the first 2 rounds, I just wanna say F YOU, and I hope all your pitchers blow out their shoulders on opening day (except for Nola) :lol: How in the F is Kevin Gausman the best pitcher available by pick 22?

Anyway - end rant - and good luck to you all!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

To all you F-sticks that drafted a bunch of pitching in the first 2 rounds, I just wanna say F YOU, and I hope all your pitchers blow out their shoulders on opening day (except for Nola) :lol: How in the F is Kevin Gausman the best pitcher available by pick 22?

Gausman isn't that bad in the 3rd round. It could have been much worse! You want pitching? Pick early!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, toolg said:

Gausman isn't that bad in the 3rd round. It could have been much worse! You want pitching? Pick early!

yeah...he could have my pitching. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

9 SPs went in the first two rounds this year.  If you take a look at last year's draft, exactly 9 SPs went in the first two rounds that year too.

I did what you did last year and didn't love my choices for the top of my rotation, which is why I took one with my first two picks this year.

You just needed to be a big enough dork that you took time to review last year's draft in prep for this year's, like me...

spacer.png

• Haha 2

My issue, which I've expressed in here before, is more about how heavily weighted pitchers are in points leagues.  I get it - they only pitch once a week.  It's just annoying to me :lol: I can't bring myself to go pitching heavy, ever

1 minute ago, mikemack8 said:

My issue, which I've expressed in here before, is more about how heavily weighted pitchers are in points leagues. 

sure...now you tell me. :nonono:

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

I took Corbin Burnes and Dylan Cease.

On behalf of my team:

sorry-south-park.gif

• Haha 2

I actually quite like my pitching staff when I consider how good my offense should be - just starting the smack talk here now

17 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

yeah...he could have my pitching. 

Don't be so hard on yourself. You got Hader, Pressly, and Holmes in the bullpen, so you have a good chance to lead the fantasy league in Saves. It's like having the best fantasy football kicker who kicks a lot of XPs...  It's worth something, but not that much.

• Haha 5

Pitching heavy is the way to go.  The way this league offsets the pitching scores is that there’s a limit of starts for pitchers.  I think I went pitching with my first 7 picks.

If you look at the champs from the first two seasons of this league, they both had a good balance of offense and defense.  

• Like 1