EMB Fantasy Baseball League 2023

Shepard Wong

2 hours ago, jwill2420 said:

And yet @mr_hunt pitchers are taking turns raping my team. He must has his pitching staff on some sort of masterb***** workout regiment 😂

gotta do whatever works, man :flex:  

my pitching is garbage but i'm gonna try to stay active enough to not come in last place. :lol: 

18 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

gotta do whatever works, man :flex:  

my pitching is garbage but i'm gonna try to stay active enough to not come in last place. :lol: 

You’re killing it so far. I’m almost @HazletonEagle jealous 😁

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

second time this season i dropped a guy who was immediately picked up by someone whose been doing fantasy baseball a lot longer than i have. :nonono:   

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

second time this season i dropped a guy who was immediately picked up by someone whose been doing fantasy baseball a lot longer than i have. :nonono:   

One thing about fantasy baseball is you have to have patience - these seasons are so long, guys will go through peaks and valleys.  Not everyone is going to light it up day in and day out.

• Like 2

I'm thinking I get blown out this week - when you have 4 starters going and only score 11 points for the day, I guess it just isn't your week.  

3 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

One thing about fantasy baseball is you have to have patience - these seasons are so long, guys will go through peaks and valleys.  Not everyone is going to light it up day in and day out.

yeah...i hate it. 

• Haha 3

But maybe you shouldn't take advice from me - I haven't made the playoffs in this league yet :lol: 

Stupid points league 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mikemack8 said:

But maybe you shouldn't take advice from me - I haven't made the playoffs in this league yet :lol: 

Stupid points league 

i get that it's a long season & players go thru slumps. i just don't know anything about these players i'm adding/dropping other than a few blurbs i find on the internet. :lol:  i could be dropping the mahommes of baseball because of a couple mediocre games & wouldn't even know it. :blush:  

49 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

It happens to everyone in here.  It's a shallow league with only 10 teams so there are good players that get dropped.  If it were a bigger league, we'd all be fighting over crappy players just to have someone/anyone that might be worth starting.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

i get that it's a long season & players go thru slumps. i just don't know anything about these players i'm adding/dropping other than a few blurbs i find on the internet. :lol:  i could be dropping the mahommes of baseball because of a couple mediocre games & wouldn't even know it. :blush:  

I will gladly lend my fantasy baseball consultation services. Let me check your roster....

• Haha 3

Muck the Fets but it has been such a weird year for SPs so far.  Lots of injuries to high profile pitchers and others that suck one game and look like studs the next.  

30 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

trade rejected!!!  :nonono:   

Did someone shoot down an offer from you or is this you trying to veto mine?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shepard Wong said:

Did someone shoot down an offer from you or is this you trying to veto mine?

I accepted I normally would have had patience and waited but my team is such a mess I figured I’ll try to shake things up. 

• Like 1

Finally got my first win. Starting to rebound after my autodraft selected basically no starting pitching. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

stop trading with wong!  :furious:   

@mikemack8 You were right all along.  We were clearly being way too nice to the noob.

• Thanks 1

3-0

First Place

And ESPN analytics gives my team a 9% chance to make the playoffs?

the-what.gif

22 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

3-0

First Place

the-what.gif

I saw that.  That's hilarious.  The current 8th place team has the best chance to make the playoffs, 67%.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

I saw that.  That's hilarious.  The current 8th place team has the best chance to make the playoffs, 67%.

That's crazy.

Would like to know their algorithm for that metric?

Maybe it's my roster construction. Went heavy on SP. Deep rotation. And no RP really.

17 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

3-0

First Place

the-what.gif

It's probably because you're a Braves fan, ****ot! 

• Haha 2

picked up a new 2b yesterday....he went 0-5 with 3 k's last night. :lol:   the f!  

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

It's probably because you're a Braves fan, ****ot! 

QnUkq1.gif

• Haha 2