Round 1 pick #9 Eagles select Georgia DT Jalen Carter

D-Shiznit

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

That one could fall considering how long the season is now, and how well he's playing. 

I think at this point it would almost be a little "disappointing” if he doesn’t get to double digits. You’d think as the year goes on he’s going to get better and have even more influence.

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

Wow! Just wow! This kid is as good as advertised and in fact he may be slightly better than that.

• Like 3

I love Baldy's breakdowns to showcase those things.  Some of those plays he wasn't even blocked, he looked like he was going against a college freshman tossing him aside.

This is only after 5 games as a rookie.  He will be a franchise difference maker for years to come.  He has the strength but also I've been impressed with how quick he is and his technique. 

I love the focus on drafting players from more "pro-ready" schools, well coached and facing stronger competition, winning championships.  Jalen's post game interview in the locker room he was breaking down plays from memory immediately after, talking technique, the observations he made about what the center's hands were doing on silent snap counts that helped him know when to start his rush, things like that.  Very intelligent.  Add that on top of his talent, just wow.  

• Like 3

He’s just a beast. Teams have been doubling him more and more but more often than not, he beats those too. He either splits the double, or tosses them out of the way, one after the other.

On Reddick’s sack on 4th and 12, Carter is doubled and the two guys are holding on to Carter for dear life as he STILL breaks through. He’s just a beast. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EaglesFan said:

So what to make of this mysterious ankle issue that led to him missing practice today?

Probably a little sore from the greatness

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Its amazing (but also worrying) that hes already our best player on defense and biggest difference maker. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, opa-opa said:

Its amazing (but also worrying) that hes already our best player on defense and biggest difference maker. 

Why does it worry you that he’s really good? I’ll take it.

23 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Get ready for the Dolphins game

I imagine that’s the thinking. Hopefully should have enough to beat the jets without him 

• 2 weeks later...