Round 1 pick #9 Eagles select Georgia DT Jalen Carter

D-Shiznit

14 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Unpopular Opinion: I’ll take an all world 3-tech over an all world edge dude 19 times out of 10. They can have similar impacts on the field, but interior guys seem to change the entire identity of the D. Fletch, Donald, Titans’ Haynesworth, Chris Jones, Geno Atkins.

There are plenty of times a bad team will have a superstar DE and no one really cares. So happy we’re going from Cox/Hargrave to Davis/Williams/Carter. IMO that’s what the 2000’s teams were missing. Mike Patterson was good enough, but sometimes good enough just isn’t good enough.

My thought was that if he develops into the right kind of DL, he could play inside or outside resulting in relatively equal disruption. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Verse is a DE from Florida State. He decided to stay for his senior year.

26 minutes ago, Procus said:

I'm seeing him in 2024 mocks, so maybe he decided not to declare

Okay that makes a lot of sense

On 8/4/2023 at 11:02 PM, PoconoDon said:

My thought was that if he develops into the right kind of DL, he could play inside or outside resulting in relatively equal disruption. 

I remember a player who wore number 92 who was able to do that

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Really excited to see what this kid can do in future years. What’s lost on that snap against the Ravens was how he checked the back before he rushed and he did it all within an instant. This kid is going to be fun to watch.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Carter had a PFF rating of 92.1 in that Pats game.

I know his stats were limited and the Pats line was beat up. But his talent is on another level. You could see him winning pretty much every snap. 

2 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Carter had a PFF rating of 92.1 in that Pats game.

I know his stats were limited and the Pats line was beat up. But his talent is on another level. You could see him winning pretty much every snap. 

He played half the defensive snaps.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ManuelTheAnswer said:

He's scary AF.

Good to see Davis perform well too

Carter will naturally bring out the best in Davis too. I think those 2 will be a great combo for years to come. 

we were worried about carters conditioning too but he seemed fine and will only get better 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, brkmsn said:

He played half the defensive snaps.

He's got a nice swim move to get off blocks. I even noticed the Pats started double teaming him at times. That's how disruptive he was. 

• Like 1

Another great game for Carter. He’s already getting double teamed a lot!

• Like 1

He came just a whisker away from getting 2 sacks against the Vikes..

Really love the swim move, he will be a beast, we need a solid LB corp and the D will be unstoppable.

He's doing great, and Jordan Davis is playing much better than last year. Great tandem. Milton Williams improved. Cox is still playing well also. The rotation keeping everyone fresh. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

CJ Stroud is already showing signs of being a legit NFL QB but the Texans had another shot at #3.

All 7 teams and the rest of the league who could have traded up were fools to let Carter fall to Philly.

He's looking like the next Randy Moss or Warren Sapp as can't miss players who a bunch of randomly applied moral concerns weirdos decided they did not want.

• Like 1