Round 1 pick #9 Eagles select Georgia DT Jalen Carter

D-Shiznit

JC is an absolute stud. PFF rating is 93.2 and you can just see it on the field. He wins pretty much every time.

• Like 3

Scary thing is he's only just getting started and not playing majority of snaps yet.  He and Davis are going to be a nightmare for other teams for the next 10 years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Scary thing is he's only just getting started and not playing majority of snaps yet.  He and Davis are going to be a nightmare for other teams for the next 10 years.

He’s not even fully grown yet. 

• Like 1

On 9/13/2023 at 12:28 AM, brkmsn said:

Thanks for sharing this. I don´t often have time to understand the nuances of line play, so that was really interesting for me. It´s incredible that in his first game in the NFL he´s already being double teamed often. It looks like he can play from multiple alignments, and he´s so quick and strong. Reminds me of when Ndamukong Suh first entered the league, maybe even better. Absolutely monstrous. I know it´s early, but my goodness he looks like DROTY material

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kiwinavega said:

Thanks for sharing this. I don´t often have time to understand the nuances of line play, so that was really interesting for me. It´s incredible that in his first game in the NFL he´s already being double teamed often. It looks like he can play from multiple alignments, and he´s so quick and strong. Reminds me of when Ndamukong Suh first entered the league, maybe even better. Absolutely monstrous. I know it´s early, but my goodness he looks like DROTY material

He and Jordan Davis are playing so well that it's hard to miss a FA departure of Hargrave's magnitude. I love defenses that can rush the passer, but last year, our run defense was awful. It has been stellar so far through 3 games in large part to the DT play. 

• Like 3

How is Nolan Smith doing? In all the justifiable hype about Carter, we haven´t heard much about him

1 hour ago, kiwinavega said:

How is Nolan Smith doing? In all the justifiable hype about Carter, we haven´t heard much about him

Smith is the primary backup to Reddick, so he just hasn't gotten a lot of playing time. They have been moving him all over, trying to give him different responsibilities and just trying to get him on the field however they can. IMO, he appears to be getting a little more comfortable with the NFL speed and I kind of expect to see him making some plays soon. I think some people maybe expected more out of him early, but I think fans need to be patient as there are some good players on this team that are going to get snaps that we would otherwise like to see a rookie 1st rd pick get. 

Smith has a great attitude, is smart, works real hard --- he has a lot to learn at this level, but has a great cast to learn from. I'm confident he'll get better weekly and find a way to get more playing time as the season progresses as well. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, brkmsn said:

You know I’m not a fan of the so called pressure stat, but those were what I would call legitimate pressures of the quarterback. He definitely made an impact on all of those plays. 

It's not often that a rookie is commanding double teams so early in his career. He is a legitimate star. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

He's pretty much locking up DROY. 

If Devon Witherspoon keeps playing like last week, that will be his main competition.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

Damn he’s a game wrecker! I saw a guy yesterday with a Kelly Green Carter jersey. That’s the one!

19 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Corey Simon, 9.5 sacks. Eagles rookie iDL record

That one could fall considering how long the season is now, and how well he's playing. 

• Like 1