Eagles Trade a 4th round pick in 2025 for Lions RB D'Andre Swift

time2rock

46 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Nice. Is Swift up for a contract?

Last year on his rookie contract.  Owed 1.7mil

Personally I think Penny and Swift are both better than Sanders but both can't stay on the field but then again it wasn't Sanders strong point either... LOVE our back field this year 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Yes, 2023 is the final year of his rookie contract ... so this is likely a 1 year rental.  

I don’t think he would cost a lot to keep though. I really like the pick up and I think he adds a lot to this offense but he’s not going to cost a lot if they did want to keep him beyond this year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don’t think he would cost a lot to keep though. I really like the pick up and I think he adds a lot to this offense but he’s not going to cost a lot if they did want to keep him beyond this year.

With our OL and Hurts, Swift and Penny will look crazy good when they play though..

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Who’s the Georgia punter?

Who’s the Georgia Waterboy? Hopefully he can also play LB….

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Talon said:

Fu5g_21WcAENHgB.jpg

I swear it’s Voodoo or something. I just wouldn’t pick up the phone if I was another team’s GM!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Infam said:

With our OL and Hurts, Swift and Penny will look crazy good when they play though..

Yeah I mean they really should do to be fair! Behind that OL they should wreak havoc.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

As has been pointed out elsewhere, even if we are unable to retain him, he should net us a comp pick in 2025 (the same year we give up a 4th for him).  So either way this works. 

image.thumb.png.fb73a5fdab3164c8ed4953e190ce5fde.png

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

I wish we would actually have a running back that was signed after this year outside of Gainwell. It seems we go through this almost every year with running backs. Not that I might not much because running backs are such a dime a dozen in this league. The unknown every year kind of sucks.

Miles Sanders says hello.  He was a 2nd round pick and spent 4 years as the primary RB.

Even so, they've been among the best total rushing teams in the NFL, obviously part of that is Hurts as well.  

The SB winning year they acquired Blount after the draft and traded for Ajayi during the regular season before the trade deadline.  Dalvin Cook might get cut.  Other RBs could be had as UDFA, or get cut from other teams during camp and preseason.  

I would prefer a healthier option like you do, but the rotation should work out fine behind this O line.  They also have 3 great receiving options with Smith, Brown and Goedert so the run game will do fine.  Gainwell is ready for more carries, Scott is still reliable to add a spark here and there as well.

Can draft a RB next year since the roster is fairly stacked and they have some additional picks next year.

• Like 3

He is literally here for just the $1.77M and a 7th rounder, peanuts.  Howie strikes again.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

I wish we would actually have a running back that was signed after this year outside of Gainwell. It seems we go through this almost every year with running backs. Not that I might not much because running backs are such a dime a dozen in this league. The unknown every year kind of sucks.

With Hurts getting paid, Eagles have to make sacrifices somewhere and chose to do it at RB. Cowboys paid Zeke and wasn't as good after getting paid. Giants put Franchise Tag on Saquan and Saquan doesn't want to sign it.

• Like 2

Just now, NOTW said:

And yet they've been among the best total rushing teams in the NFL, obviously part of that is Hurts as well.  

The SB winning year they acquired Blount after the draft and traded for Ajayi during the regular season before the trade deadline.  Dalvin Cook might get cut.  Other RBs could be had as UDFA, or get cut from other teams during camp and preseason.  

I would prefer a healthier option like you do, but the rotation should work out fine behind this O line.  They also have 3 great receiving options with Smith, Brown and Goedert so the run game will do fine.  Gainwell is ready for more carries, Scott is still reliable to add a spark here and there as well.

Can draft a RB next year since the roster is fairly stacked and they have some additional picks next year.

Totally stacked.  As of right now, my biggest concern is OL depth.  I'm not sold on the kid from Bama.  Looks like a couple year project to me.  Assuming we have anything left in the cap I'd bet on a post June 1 cheap OL backup level vet cast off from some other team.

1 minute ago, gameshowfan91 said:

With Hurts getting paid, Eagles have to make sacrifices somewhere and chose to do it at RB. Cowboys paid Zeke and wasn't as good after getting paid. Giants put Franchise Tag on Saquan and Saquan doesn't want to sign it.

It has been our strategy for many years now.  Don't pay RBs or LBs.

With our O Line, DeAndre Swift will feast. Defenses will have to pick their poison. And another Bull Dog. Loving this draft. Again.

J.Davis - Georgia

N. Dean - Georgia

J.Carter - Georgia

N. Smith - Georgia

D. Swift - Georgia

K. Ringo -Georgia

I think we have the answer to the long standing question of "Who let the Dogs Out?"

It was Howie...

Howie let the Dogs out.

Philadelphia Eagles sign Howie Roseman to contract extension as general  manager

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

J.Davis - Georgia

N. Dean - Georgia

J.Carter - Georgia

N. Smith - Georgia

D. Swift - Georgia

K. Ringo -Georgia

I think we have the answer to the long standing question of "Who let the Dogs Out?"

It was Howie...

Howie let the Dogs out.

Philadelphia Eagles sign Howie Roseman to contract extension as general  manager

Legit question: did we have ANY before 2021?

14 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

J.Davis - Georgia

N. Dean - Georgia

J.Carter - Georgia

N. Smith - Georgia

D. Swift - Georgia

K. Ringo -Georgia

It was Howie...

Howie let the Dogs out.

Underdogs, Bulldogs, any kind of dogs just win another Super Bowl 

6 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Off the top of my head, there was Reggie Brown. Y’all remember Ben Smith? He was a Bulldog. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

3 of them since 2005

2005 -2nd Rd. - WR Reggie Brown.

2010 - 7th Rd. - DT - Jeff Owens

2012-  4th Rd. - DB - Brandon Boykin

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

J.Davis - Georgia

N. Dean - Georgia

J.Carter - Georgia

N. Smith - Georgia

D. Swift - Georgia

K. Ringo -Georgia

It was Howie...

Howie let the Dogs out.

He didn’t let the dogs out … he brought them home.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PoconoDon said:

J.Davis - Georgia

N. Dean - Georgia

J.Carter - Georgia

N. Smith - Georgia

D. Swift - Georgia

K. Ringo -Georgia

It was Howie...

Howie let the Dogs out.

Only 20+ yrs later

who-let-the-dogs-out-baha-men.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PoconoDon said:

3 of them since 2005

2005 -2nd Rd. - WR Reggie Brown.

2010 - 7th Rd. - DT - Jeff Owens

2012-  4th Rd. - DB - Brandon Boykin

Max Jean-Gilles 4th Rd 2006 OG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Underdogs, Bulldogs, any kind of dogs just win another Super Bowl