**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

30 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yeah i thought the raptors did too. It’s a good deal for them. Only way the sixers are getting OG is giving up maxey. Only way portland is getting siakam is to give up 3 and either sharpe or Simons. I’m guessing they’d choose to keep Simons. Harden to houston in a sign and trade doesn’t have to happen but I’m guessing a team  wants the trade exception that would come with that. Again highly unlikely but i think you could see something like a 4 team deal to get something of that nature done if the sixers wanted FVV and OG 

Hearing Simons is more likely to go. He and Dame are basically a him and CJ Clone. Both smaller guards so defense kills them

15 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Hearing Simons is more likely to go. He and Dame are basically a him and CJ Clone. Both smaller guards so defense kills them

I love Simons. Frankly think it’s a mistake they are even thinking of dealing him. Tbh portland should deal dame. He has maybe 2-3 years at an elite level left. Rather build behind the haul they get for dame, 3rd overall pick, simons and sharpe

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I love Simons. Frankly think it’s a mistake they are even thinking of dealing him. Tbh portland should deal dame. He has maybe 2-3 years at an elite level left. Rather build behind the haul they get for dame, 3rd overall pick, simons and sharpe

I would agree. Team feels like fans would boycott and you can't  sign future stars or ask Sharpe to sign extensions because you got rid of one that wants to stay. 

It's a really fine line to play. Sixers will probably be in it if Maxey doesn't take another leap and Harden goes to the Rockets

Follow up question would you trade Maxey for Jalen Green if Rockets offered it if they sign Harden. 

It comes down to is Jalen Green a winning player if put in the right situation or is he a Trae Young clone, just not a winner. 

14 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Follow up question would you trade Maxey for Jalen Green if Rockets offered it if they sign Harden. 

It comes down to is Jalen Green a winning player if put in the right situation or is he a Trae Young clone, just not a winner. 

No

I know it sucks, but the more I hear Fultz talk about it, I can't really be mad at him. 

Unlike Simmons, he has owned everything and didn't throw the Sixers under the bus. 

I'm actually rooting for him to live up to his potential 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

I know it sucks, but the more I hear Fultz talk about it, I can't really be mad at him. 

Unlike Simmons, he has owned everything and didn't throw the Sixers under the bus. 

I'm actually rooting for him to live up to his potential 

He has played well in the spurts when he isn't injured. A really smooth guard. He isn't a lead guard nor a shooting guard,  Magic need to find that lead guard that can also shoot. Think a FVV would be good for them. They will be contenders soon enough. Paolo and Franz can be better than Tatum and Brown 

My main takeaway from the Nick Nurse presser is why the heck does old man Eskin go to these things?  He knows that he hates the Sixers and pro hoops in general.  Why does he put himself through this torture? 

5 minutes ago, therealdawk said:

My main takeaway from the Nick Nurse presser is why the heck does old man Eskin go to these things?  He knows that he hates the Sixers and pro hoops in general.  Why does he put himself through this torture? 

the one good thing Glen did here was call him out for coming and asking pointed questions, and never even staying to watch a game.

2 hours ago, therealdawk said:

Desperately trying to stay relevant and have people talk about him. 

• Like 3

Vogel out of left field tbh. I thought he was running second and possibly third based off what i was told leading up to the reports of nurse to Philly. Like everything out here and what i was told was pointing to Kevin young as of last week. Apparently gambo has put out there Vogel blew the suns away last Friday with his interview and they pivoted. Booker wanted young. I’m guessing the suns realizing their window to win now and rethought giving the job to a up and coming assistant coach and went the veteran HC route and knew before last weekend it was a long shot on nurse. And Vogel was a far better option than doc if they went veteran HC 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

whew! i was worried he might leave!  

Talk about a worthless signing. 

20 hours ago, Gannan said:

Desperately trying to stay relevant and have people talk about him. 

5'5" dope. 

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Cassell to Boston 

51 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Bummer

Smart path to a HC job though, Celtics play better next year they will say it was because of him. 

25 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Smart path to a HC job though, Celtics play better next year they will say it was because of him. 

I think he will make a good head coach

Natural progression of offseason Ben Simmons shooting vids to now tobias Harris 

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

Reed is gonna get a bag that will surprise people and a team will think they are signing Jaden McDaniels but actually signing the worse brother.